Land of Zion ECG (Canceled)
Land of Zion ECG (Canceled)
A high fantasy themed expandable card game with unit positioning, resource management, and high replay value for 2-8 players.
A high fantasy themed expandable card game with unit positioning, resource management, and high replay value for 2-8 players. Read more
Land of Zion will be relaunched soon!
While you're waiting on the relaunch follow our progress and find out the latest news at the page below!
Welcome to Land of Zion!
Land of Zion is a dynamic, expandable card/board game (ECG) that blends a variety of play elements, including resource management, dice rolling, card positioning, and tactical gameplay. 2 to 8 players compete on a large, grid-based game board, and matches take 45 minutes to an hour to complete. Players can choose from three exciting ways to play Land of Zion. Those formats are constructed, draft, and free play.
Each player begins the game with a group of adventurers who have made their way to the valley of Lux to train and prepare for the upcoming battle against Tenebris. Throughout the game players will use speaking stone cards drawn from a community resource deck in order to perform various abilities in battle.
Land of Zion is a great mix of unit positioning and strategy requiring each player to carefully plan their turns and manage their resources to achieve victory against their opponent. The numerous and diverse characters allow for a variety of play styles, and every match is an unique experience.
- There are 70 different characters in the Land of Zion.
- 7 different classes of characters - each with a different role to play on the battlefield!
- Close to 300 unique abilities to build your strategy from.
- Check out some of the various abilities available to build your strategy from below! Each character comes with a matching 'Ability Card' that details the the actions the character can perform in battle. Abilities are performed by using 'Speaking Stone' cards drawn from a community resource deck each turn.
Objective of the game:
Players lead their characters from Land of Zion in strategic battles against their opponents’ characters. Each character in the Land of Zion possesses unique abilities to use in the field of battle. Each turn, players will draw resource cards (Speaking Stones) in order to use their abilities and move their characters across the battlefield to attack opponents’ characters. The first player to bring all of the opponents’ characters’ HP (Health Points) to 0 is the winner.
Land of Zion is a game that requires strategy and crafting a small deck of characters that fits your play style. There are seven classes of characters to choose from each with their own role to play in battle. With over 70 characters released in the base game and close to 300 unique abilities there are myriads of combinations to discover!
You can view more of the available characters from Land of Zion by viewing the card database at the link below.
You can download and view the full rulebook by clicking the image below.
- Oliver and Olivia are two of the main characters in the Land of Zion. We knew we wanted to create a special alternate art version of both characters for our Kickstarter backers! These exclusive cards do not change gameplay, and only have alternate art. These 2 special cards are included with the $100 pledge tier of Land of Zion. These cards will not be available outside of the Kickstarter release of the game. You can find out more about these two characters at the links below!
Dice Collector's Pledge
We created a special 'Dice Only' pledge tier for dice lovers who want to support our project, and collect these exclusive D10 dice created just for Land of Zion. These dice are also included in the $100 premium tier.
What's in the Box?
"6 pounds of gaming goodness!"
- Land of Zion Game Box
- 1 Game board (25" X 35") 6-Panel fold out board
- 1 Rulebook
- 1 50 Sheet Stat Pad (Additional sheets can be printed from www.landofzion.com for free)
- 140 Card 'Speaking Stone Deck' in tuck box. 300GSM black core with linen finish. Poker size 2.5" X 3.5"
- 140 Card Character/Ability Deck in tuck box. 350GSM white core with linen finish. Poker size 2.5" X 3.5"
- 110 Status effect tokens - 1" Round tokens
- 2 Pair of D10 Dice
To add items onto your pledge, manually add the $ amount to your base pledge. We don't use a pledge manager, so all pledges must be made in full by February 23rd.
FREE US SHIPPING! We ship games in bulk to fulfillment centers around the world to cover customs fees & VAT and to keep shipping prices low. $15 Shipping to anywhere else in the world.
We would like to support game stores around the world by offering the special Kickstarter version of the game to retailers during the campaign. We treat retailer backers just like other backers in that they receive their rewards before we release regular retail games into distribution.
If you're a retailer, please contact Eric at email@example.com during the campaign for pricing information.
Centuries ago there was a lush and beautiful land named Zion. In the center of this kingdom stood the gleaming city of Lux ruled by a wise and loving king. The citizens of Zion wanted for nothing and their hearts were full of joy. The king walked among the people taking delight in their lives and the people loved him dearly. One day a dark force known as Tenebris arose from the deep places of the earth and touched a single man. Tenebris flattered the man with lies and whispered to him of greatness. The man spent his days plotting and he lay awake each night dreaming of riches and power. With a honeyed tongue this one man swayed the thoughts of those around him and the darkness spread. Soon, bitterness and jealousy welled up in the hearts of the people and they became discontent.
Tenebris grew and festered until the people of Zion succumbed to darkness. Out of this darkness the people rose up in defiance to their king. They gathered from all corners of Zion uniting under a banner of darkness. They made for themselves weapons of war and steeled themselves with hatred. The very first army the world had ever known assembled in the fields of Lux and prepared to strike down their king. The king looked out over his people and wept, for even still he loved them. With a heavy heart he uttered unknown words of power and there was a great cataclysm. The city of Lux rose from the ground and ascended into the sky. Mighty earthquakes shook the land and tore it to pieces. Great fires erupted from the center of the earth pushing up mountains where fertile plains used to be. Massive storms raged across the earth’s surface stripping the land bare and scattering the once grand army. People all over Zion cried out in despair until finally everything was still.
The world was changed. Great chasms had formed separating the land into seven continents. All that remained in the heart of Zion where the city of Lux once stood was a great void. The king was gone. His absence could be felt by everyone as a sudden and unexplainable loss. Without a king to unite them and reeling in despair, seven kingdoms arose from the newly formed continents and turned their hatred upon each other.
Thousands of years passed and the world knew only war. Grievance was heaped upon grievance until the shared history of the seven kingdoms was all but forgotten. It was an age of darkness and brutality. The land was sapped of its bounty and the people were sapped of their strength. They no longer remembered why they fought nor did they care. They were ruled by hatred, they were ruled by bitterness and they were ruled by death. It hung like a pall in the air mocking the pitiful creatures clawing upon the surface of Zion.
When humanity was on the brink of ruin and all seemed lost, hope broke through.
It started with a whisper, a nearly imperceptible voice carried on the wind echoing through canyons, sweeping over fields, and flowing into the cities. The first people to hear the voice could make no sense of it. It seemed a trick of the ear, teasing those who could hear it as the memory of a dream teases one upon waking. The words spoke of a long lost king and a magnificent race of people. It spoke of light shattering the darkness and it spoke of the king returning! These words settled on the land and were absorbed like a fresh spring rain until the very stones of the earth hummed and pulsed with their power. These stones soon became known as speaking stones as they were able to speak into the very souls of the people, granting them power to push back the Tenebris. The king also gave a warning through the stones; Tenebris, the great darkness which had consumed the earth, was gathering its’ forces for one final battle.
“If no one speaks of His name; even the rocks will cry out.
When our team at Sky Kingdom Games began working on Land of Zion over 15 years ago we knew that this project wasn't going to be just a board game. We knew that in order to create something unique we would need to create a world with rich stories, compelling characters, and lore.
Classic games from Squaresoft (now Square Enix) like Final Fantasy Tactics, Chrono Trigger, and Secret of Mana had significant influence on this project. Part of what made those games so great was not only the story and characters, but the beautiful music that gave the games atmosphere and depth. You would expect a digital title to have a soundtrack, but you usually don't see board or card games with an OST! We are proud to provide a soundtrack to accompany gameplay for those that want to add music to match play experience.
To capture the sound of Land of Zion we reached out to music composer Bill Piyatut H. Bill is an accomplished composer and arranger of multiple titles and projects around the world. We are excited to be able to offer this soundtrack as a reward for every backer of Land of Zion! At the end of the campaign we will be emailing each backer a link to download the soundtrack. Until then you can preview some of the tracks below.
The team at Sky Kingdom Games has been developing Land of Zion since 2000. It started as a tabletop miniature game very similar to D&D, but with our own battle system. The game evolved into an expandable card game, and we added new mechanics for deeper, more strategic play. After years of play-testing only the base stats for each class in order to ensure excellent balance, we began developing the various abilities used in the game. The core balance fused with exciting abilities makes Land of Zion a truly exciting game to play. After all of these years we feel we have created a perfect harmony of strategy and fun, and we can’t wait to share Land of Zion with gamers everywhere!
Risks and challenges
This is our 1st Kickstarter (re-launched from October), and also a very ambitious project! Knowing this we started preparing for this campaign over a year ago. We reached out to other successful publishers, asked questions, talked to the gaming community, and found the best way to produce and deliver a wonderfully crafted game using the Kickstarter platform.
With that said - here's some key points to consider.
1. We spent time setting up friendly shipping options for our backers so any extra fees and VAT will be covered by us. Land of Zion will ship from various shipment centers in the U.S., Canada, the EU, and Australia. This way shipping is simple and not over complicated! FREE shipping for backers within the U.S. and a flat $15 for anywhere else. NOTE: the $100 Land of Zion pledge level is also FREE shipping anywhere in the world.
2. We put a realistic timetable on production and delivery for this game - which is by November 2017. We anticipate the game shipping before then, but we would rather under promise and over deliver! Keep in mind this is only an estimate. Also, due to the logistics of international shipping, backers in different regions of the world may receive their rewards sooner than others.
3. We have an amazing art studio handling our art designs - Caravan Studio. Caravan has produced work for various companies like Blizzard, Lucasfilm, Wizards of the Coast, and others. We expect a great turn around in the remaining art needed to complete the game which will not hold up the production of the game.
4. You can be assured that every possible precaution and care will be put into providing an incredible game in a timely matter and exactly as we promised. Our team has worked for years pouring our time and our own personal funds into crafting a game that we are proud to share with the world. We also know that this is just the beginning for Sky Kingdom Games, and we have several titles planned that expand on the Land of Zion world as well as other titles.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)