Finalised Wave Banks + MODALapp Screenshots
This week we'd like to give you an update on two different elements of the development of CRAFTsynth 2.0.
Firstly, we have now finalised the oscillator waveform banks. CRAFTsynth 2.0 contains 40 waveforms arranged in 8 banks of 5, where in each bank you can morph between each of the waveforms creating seamless transitions through combinations of waves. Here is the finalised list of banks with brief descriptions of each:
1. Virtual Analogue - A standard set of audio waveforms
2. 002 Bank 1 - A bank of waveforms from the Modal 002 synthesiser
3. Math - A bank of mathematically-generated waveforms
4. Polygon - A bank of waveforms based on polygons
5. Modal 1 - A bank of various Modal-curated waveforms
6. Formant - A bank of waveforms derived from various formants and vocal sounds
7. 002 Bank 2 - A second bank of waveforms from the Modal 002 synthesiser
8. Modal 2 - A second bank of various Modal-curated waveforms
Secondly, the development team has been making great progress with integrating CRAFTsynth 2.0 into MODALapp - the optional companion software editor for the Modal CRAFT and SKULPT devices, available for macOS, Windows, iOS and Android.
Here are some screenshots of the CRAFTsynth 2.0 integration within MODALapp, showing the main editor page, the live page, and the patch librarian page:
We’ll be back next week with another update.
The Modal Team.