$50K Strech Goal - Accomplished!
All Gotta Go Skirts will ship in early April, 4-6 weeks earlier than originally promised!
$70,000 Stretch Goal - We are close!
We’ll make the Gotta Go Skirt with Capris! We heard scores of requests for this. If we hit the $70K mark, in addition to choosing your size at the end of the campaign, you’ll be able to choose between Shortie and Capri styles for your Gotta Go Skirt - both with the infamous Trap Door and Relief Hatch.
Skirt Sports brought the very first running skirt to market over 10 years ago. Since day one our mission has been to help every woman of any body type feel confident and pretty while running. But real life often gets in the way of that pretty feeling...and sometimes that coveted PR.
You know what we are talking about:
- The not-so-glamorous struggle to get your skirt back up over sweaty thighs and glutes after a mid-run pee stop.
- The nervous glances over your shoulder as you try to be discreet and speedy behind a shrub when there is no porta potty in sight.
- The pads, leaks, or stressful tampon changes while running and racing.
- The embarrassing leaks that 1 in 3 women experience from exercise-induced incontinence, sadly prompting many of them to avoid running altogether.
On April Fool's Day 2015 we sent out an email featuring a Trap Door™ Skirt that allows us women to finally answer nature's call without baring our assets. When THOUSANDS of women responded urging us to make the product for real we realized we had struck a chord.
Skirt Sports has always pushed the envelope on clothing to address the needs of real women. But product innovation is risky for a small company.
Hitting our Kickstarter goal will enable us to place a production order for the Gotta Go Skirt.
Kickstarter is your *only* chance to get a Gotta Go Skirt: If you want to ensure you get a Gotta Go Skirt you need to pre-order it through our Kickstarter campaign. We will order a few extra to accomodate size swaps but we do NOT plan to stock the skirt as a regular on going item in our store.
The Gotta Go Running Skirt builds upon our most popular running skirt -- the Gym Girl. It has all the great features and flair that athletes love from their Skirt Sports running skirts PLUS our innovative new Trap Door construction:
- Trap Door: A flap on the shorties secured with low profile hook & loop means you remain fully covered on the go but have easy access to the Relief Hatch. The Trap Door flap is pad-compatible for secure confidence and easy swaparoos.
- Relief Hatch: An opening in the shorties under the Trap Door anatomically aligned with your lady bits to enable easy error-free evacution when you squat.
Skirt: Mimicing our most popular skirt, the Gym Girl, the Gotta Go is 13.5" in front, 14.5" in back. Flattering lightweight fast drying AeroLight Jersey fabric (87% poly / 13% spandex) in black.
Under the Skirt: Built-in no-creep chafe-free 5.5" shorties in black semi-compression mesh fabric (90% poly / 10% spandex). This is 0.5" longer than the shorts in the Gym Girl.
Waistband: Wide mid-rise waistband with continuous drawstring. It won't muffin top, it won't roll down, it won't slip, and it looks good on everyone!
- Pockets Galore: Two side pockets under the skirt on the shorties, both big enough for a smartphone. One back pocket secure enough for car keys. And a super smart Sonic music port on the side to keep you from getting tangled in your headphones.
Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words:
See it in motion:
Here is how it will fit a pad. This one, by You Go Girl, is one of our althete's favorites for those little leaks that happen when you run.
Any woman with:
A race or long run: Whether you use the bushes or the porta potty, the Trap Door™ enables you to avoid "The Struggle" of getting sweaty clothes back over your sweaty body.
- A PR quest: Never feel you missed the target time you trained so hard for because you spent 15 minutes in a porta potty line!
A period: The Trap Door™ enables quick tampon and/or pad changes without getting undressed, and the back pocket is perfectly sized to hold extra supplies.
Athletic-induced incontinence: The pad pocket in the Trap Door™ ensures nothing rubs, chafes, or falls out when you are on the move.
- A smartphone, keys, ChapStick®, ID, inhaler, etc: Did we mention all the pockets?
After the campaign closes we'll contact you to collect your size preferences and shipping address. The Gotta Go Skirt comes in Black. The Gotta Go T-shirt comes in Razz. So that part is easy.
We are using our long time manufacturing partner, so we can be confident of the quality and delivery dates.
- April 2015: The infamous Trap Door Skirt April Fool's Day email hits inboxes - thousands clamor for us to make the product real.
- June 2015: In-house technical drawings.
- September 2015: First prototypes arrive from the manufacturer. We tweek and improve and order size samples.
- October 2015: KICKSTARTER!
- November 2015: Size samples arrive and final wear testing begins. We place our production order!
- February 2016: Fabrics arrive at the factory. Production begins.
- Updated to April 2016: May 2016: The Gotta Go Skirt™ arrives on your doorstep!
Here is Nicoles most recent update on product testing and changes we are making based on what she learned from running with the most recent prototype for the past few weeks:
Here is the update on Prototype 2:
Here is the latest on Prototype 3 (Nov 2nd), and we had an ah ha moment on this one:
Once you've backed our project to help make the Gotta Go Running Skirt a reality, help us spread the word.
Copy and Post on Facebook
Trail runners unite! Check out the Gotta Go Running Skirt on Kickstarter. No more behind-the-bush paranoia! My “assets” will remain under wraps when nature calls. bit.ly/GottaGoRun
I just backed the new Gotta Go Running Skirt on Kickstarter. It’s a mother runner dream come true. Thank you Skirt Sports. bit.ly/GottaGoRun
What happens when women design products for other women? Pure brilliance! It’s hard to believe someone hasn’t made a running skirt like this before. I can’t wait to get mine. bit.ly/GottaGoRun
You have to see this Kickstarter! It's a running skirt with a trap door and relief hatch to "keep your assets covered when nature calls". It's brilliant. I can't wait to get mine. bit.ly/GottaGoRun
Click to Share on Twitter
Click to Tweet: I just backed the Gotta Go Running Skirt on Kickstarter. kck.st/1MnVoc8 A #motherrunner dream come true!
Click to Tweet: What happens when women design products for other women? http://kck.st/1MnVoc8 #Running skirt brilliance.
Click to Tweet: This skirt is a #trailrunner fantasy. http://kck.st/1MnVoc8 No more behind-the-bush paranoia for me!
Risks and challenges
We've been making running skirts for over a decade and using our current supplier for several years, so we've been there, done that.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (37 days)