Our first 1.1 update is now out!
You didn't think we were going to take it easy after the game was released, did you?...
Zombies, Run! v1.1
The first free update to Zombies, Run! (and of course, ZR Advance) landed today, bringing a whole host of highly-requested improvements and bugfixes including:
- 9 extra missions
- Playlist shuffle
- Run logs
- Better volume controls
- Switch between miles and km
- Better playlist views and performance
- Improved handling of audio notifications
You can get the update just by going to the App Store app on your device. And there’s plenty more coming in future updates, including:
- Even more missions
- Zombie chases for accelerometer users
- Sharing runs via Facebook
- and yet more improvements
Further down the line we also have the Beginner 5k and Interval Training packs that you will get for free, since you’re one of our beloved Kickstarter backers! And there’s a lot more in store, but we don’t want you to get too excited about them quite yet, so more details will have to wait for now...
All backers in North America should have received their T-shirts by now, and we have also shipped all posters worldwide via airmail (it’s more expensive, but we know we’re late, so we’re trying to make up for it!).
As for the rest-of-world T-shirts, we just received them at our office and we’ll also be shipping those out via airmail next week. Again, sorry about the delay, but you will get them soon!
How’s the Android version coming?
We’re still on schedule for May/June. Not much more to report than that, but it’s coming along solidly. When it launches, it will come with 23 story missions (unlike v1.0 of the iOS app, which only came with 13 missions), but to begin with, it won't have all the features of the latest version of Zombies, Run! It's not an ideal situation, so we'll be putting more resources and people on this, but it takes time for us to scale up.
Zombies, Run! in the News
Along with the thousands of blogs and tweets - all of which we have read and appreciate a lot (well, the good ones, at least) - we’ve had some brilliant press in places like:
- Lifehacker: Zombies Run! turns your exercise routine into a game of survival
- Zombies, Run! was Leo Laporte's Pick of the Week on the MacBreak netcase
- Touch Arcade published an excellent in-depth article, Zombies, Run! is an undead app with a soul
Also, there are some great blogs and communities forming around the game. Two of the best have to be:
- Reddit’s r/runner5 - lots of great discussion and tips on how to play the game there, plus we often drop in and answer questions
- http://fuckyeahzombiesrun.tumblr.com - for all your playlist, fanfic, and gameplay needs!
- Robin "Asaryn" Parkins did a great Zombies, Run! drawing - check it out!
And of course, we’re always answering messages on Twitter at @zombiesrungame and addressing support queries sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with comments posted here on Kickstarter.
That's all - for the moment...
We have plenty more Zombies, Run! things we've been keeping under wraps lately, but we're hoping to reveal them to you in the next few weeks.
So, sit tight, stay safe and keep well,
Six to Start and Naomi Alderman