About this project
Millie was the center of the family. Cooking was her way of connecting us all together. Friday nights were family time - having the kids all around us, a loud conversation at the dinner table about what we all experienced during the week, and making plans for our next gathering.
Millie was our inspiration behind our new product line of green tea infused sipping broth, called Millies Savory Teas - Comfort Food in a Broth.
We are looking to launch this product to consumers around the country for the 2012 holidays with your support. The funds will go to the packaging and design cost for the product tins and labels. Great news - Anyone who chooses from our premium levels can choose from any of the 5 flavors as our gift of thanks.
Our first-of-its-kind sipping broth is a blend of savory herbs and spices infused with loose leaf green tea. Excellent as an alternative to coffee or tea that needs sweetening. Each tin comes with 15 tea bags that make 10 oz cups each. Just boil water, pour into a cup then add a tea bag and let steep for 2 minutes, stir and enjoy. Let the bag steep longer for a more intense flavor.
Excellent for anyone who wants a warm, soothing alternative to bitter or sweet hot drinks. Five fantastic flavors include Tomato Basil, Spicy Tortilla, Indian Spice, Thai Lemongrass and Smoky Facon. All ingredients are all natural, no msg, and vegan.
It has taken us about a year to formulate the product taste and packaging. We have already had an excellent response to the samples we've given friends and family. We hope you will join us in our product launch.
Risks and challenges
Along with extensive work on the product and package, we have taken the time to pre-manufacture our product to get real feedback from consumers and stores. The feedback has been fantastic and we are confident that there will be continued orders. Although there are a number of factors that lead to the success of any new product, we have this exact experience from launching another food product that went on to win Outstanding Product of the Year at the Fancy Food Show in 2011.
There are many factors that could disrupt us from reaching our goal.
1) Our tins are supplied by a local distribution company. Since this is a common tin, we would then just find another supplier.
2) The label quality might not be what we expect. We have been working a local label supplier for 3 years and they have very good quality standards and fast turn around. If there is a problem they would just fix it and run another batch of labels.
3) We may not be able to secure specific ingredients due to shortages or shipping problems. We work with local brokers who carry local stock, so we would be able to correct this problem very quickly.
4) Fulfillment of orders might run into scheduling problems. We have located 2 local companies that can provide backup production capacity if we need.
5) There might be a disruption to shipping caused by weather. Since the product is shelf stable and doesn't need any kind of special storage, then any delays in shipping would not harm the end product.
6) Liability insurance is required by large retailers. We already have the appropriate liability insurance for food products to be sold around the country.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
All our products are made in Washington State. We use local suppliers and manufacturers.
Support this project
- (30 days)