This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by .
SimyBall: Play stress away - Your Biofeedback challenge!
SimyBall: Play stress away - Your Biofeedback challenge!
Get feedback to your health within seconds. Learn "what you can do" from your virtual coach and improve your fitness playful.
Get feedback to your health within seconds. Learn "what you can do" from your virtual coach and improve your fitness playful. Read more
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by .
Did you ever get sick and you didn`t know why now?
- Daily Overload
Constant overstimulation, not listening to the signs of your own body, permanently under high stress at work and in our free time makes you sick.
"Its not stress that kills us, it is our reaction to it.“ Hans Selye
- SimyBall visualizes your body signs
With SimyBall we created the first high level Bio-Feedback device in the world for your daily life that visualizes within seconds what happens actually in your body.
- SimyBall is High Quality and High Tech for less money
Developed with biomedical engineers, top athletes, psychotherapists and neurologists we created a tool for people who want to keep well and fit and even become stronger.
- SimyBall is always available - a coach for the pocket
The virtual Coach gives you advices what to do and offers mental and physical exercises.
- SimyBall tests your fitness
We gamified stress tests, mental and physical exercises to improve your fitness with game and fun!
- With SimyBall you get a stronger immune system
See how it works with the integrated Head-UP-Display and the profound statistics.
Be a part of our mission "Play Stress Away".
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
SIMYBALL - A LITTLE BALL WITH A BIG EFFECT
SimyBall trains your body awareness and helps you to progress efficiently.
The SimyBall is a mobile game controller and biofeedback device. When you hold the SimyBall in your hand, the integrated sensors provide you with feedback on your personal stress level in a matter of seconds. These sensors measure your pulse, skin conductance and skin temperature.
Your current stress level is shown through color feedback. Blue means that you’re totally relaxed; green stands for relaxed; yellow shows that you’re stressed – while red means that your stress levels are at their limit and you should take a time out for a relaxation session as soon as possible.
The unique SimyBall sleeve, which consists of high quality silicone, can be ordered in different colors. Feel the difference with or without a sleeve for special tactile sense exercises.
SimyBall System includes:
- SimyBall, a friendly biofeedback device that measures your stress level while also being a full functional game controller
- SimyGames, varied game-apps including mental training methods by using your bio-data (skin conductance, pulse, temperature) for activation and relaxation
- SimyCoach, virtual coach that supports you with tips and tricks during the SimyGames and afterwards via the SimyLife App
- SimyLife App, daily relax scores help to keep you motivated. Besides statistics and your game apps it also includes easy mental training applications and tutorial videos.
We have developed different games, e.g. retro, arcade and sports games. The objective is to improve your physical wellbeing for stress, enhance your self-regulation and help you increase your relaxation and concentration through a higher mental performance.
You control the SimyGames with the SimyBall through movement interactions, play buttons and your current stress level. The recorded vital signs such as your pulse, skin conductance and temperature are incorporated in your personal game experience.
Mental interval training in a fun game, for enhanced vitality and performance.
Relax and concentrate to pinpoint your target focus. Increase your relaxation and concentration abilities.
Find your personal breath and the golf ball rolls toward the hole. Only when you learn to relax properly you can become a pro golfer.
Defend the world against aliens by using your heart beat.
Fight your way through the jungle and temple to put your relaxation ability to the test.
An incredible form puzzle to increase your creativity potential.
Our current games are compatible with Android, iOS, MacOS and Windows.
Please stay posted, we will continue developing new games. Multiuser games will also be available.
Our goal is to give you the ball in your own hands for your personal healthcare management. We guarantee you that the challenges will always be fun and motivating. ;-)
SIMYLIFE APP & COACH
A virtual coach gives you tips and personalized feedback on your training progress. This helps you to stay on the ball and make constant progress.
The virtual SimyCoach gives you personal feedback and tips during the game, in real time. This means that you always know what to do to master the current game situation.
Thanks to the stressometer (head-up display), you also receive feedback on your current stress level.
The head-up display shows your current pulse and stress level in real time in the form of a rev counter. Smileys also help you to interpret your stress level.
SIMYLIFE APP - KEEP ON THE BALL
With our SimyLife App you get all statistics from the SimyBall, SimyGames and SimyApplications with a simple tap. Based on your personal values and results you will get an overall relax score which helps you to keep track.
Based on your personal results you will also get recommendations from your SimyCoach to achieve lasting results in stress prevention.
SIMYAPPLICATIONS - EASY MENTAL TRAINING APPLICATIONS FOR RELAXATION
Our SimyApplications are easy to use mental training programs, which you can easily integrate into your daily life.
SimyBreathe is an easy breathing exercise application. During your exercise the SimyBall supports you with vibration feedback and thanks to the head-up-display you get a direct feedback about your stress level progress.
The SimyApplications are part of the SimyLife App.
SimyTutorials are videos that help you improve your progress in the SimyGames. They although teach you simple mental training methods like breathing exercises or simply help you to relax during a break with a mental travel. The tutorials are part of the SimyLife App.
In the SimyLife App you also get your game statistics and you are able to start and download the SimyGames.
SimyBall contains sophisticated sensors that are able to measure your stress level. If you take the SimyBall in your hand, your stress level will be measured every second, and you get a real time feedback via color code.
If you press and hold both buttons shortly, you will start a 7 second stresstest and you will get the average value as feedback. Your stress level is calculated via an algorithm using your skin conductance (50%), skin temperature (25%) and heart rate (25%).
- Skin conductance sensor - two sensors on the play buttons
- Skin temperature sensor - at the back of the SimyBall to measure the temperature in your hand
- Heart rate sensor - two sensors on the play buttons
Basically the SimyBall is testing against a reference table, if you create an online account your SimyBall will be learning from and with you.
Too often technology just simply looks like another piece of technology. With SimyBall, we wanted to design something that gives you a friendly feedback and creates positive thoughts just when you look at it. :-) Nothing is that much linked to our subconsciousness to play and fun like a ball, because it is the first thing we start playing with as a baby.
SimyBall is not just a pretty face. It's built to last. Its serious mechanical structure protects 4 boards, 10 sensors, over 200 electronic components and 12 housing parts. In order to fit so much technology into such a small space, we really had to get creative with things. The resulting design is beautiful inside and out, we think.
WHO IS SIMYBALL FOR?
- Is your career the motor that keeps you going?
Regular training with the SimyBall will greatly enhance your stress tolerance and performance. -> Successful & healthy
- Are you a supermom, juggling a variety of different tasks?
With the SimyBall you will enjoy your breaks twice as much, feel more settled and have more energy. -> Relaxed & more energy
- Many students achieve great results. What about you?
With the playful training you will concentrate better and you will be less nervous at exams and competitions. -> Effective & mentally strong
- A computer whizz-kid, but unfocussed at school?
The child-friendly games and controlled game phases are the perfect mixture for your kids. With SimyBall, kids learn to relax and concentrate while playing. -> Focused & achieving potential
HOW WE GOT HERE?
For the past 2 years, we've done a lot of things:
Designing, Prototyping, Coding, Testing, and Improving our Hard- and Software many times.
Marcel is presenting the latest prototype of the SimyBall and explaining its features.
WHERE WE ARE NOW
- We have 30 full functional prototypes of the SimyBall, which we even use for stress management seminars
- We already developed 6 SimyGames, which we are finalizing at the moment
- Our Mini-Backend is up and running
- We finished one SimyApplication (SimyBreathe), for the second application we have a finished concept
- The development of the SimyLife App is on-going
- The main parts of our SDK are done
- Industrial tool manufacturing and finalizing plastics engineering
- Industrial tool manufacturing for the sleeve
- Charge Zero manufacturing regarding electronic, housing and sleeve
- Series manufacturing
- SimyLife App development
- InApp development e.g. tutorials, statistics etc.
- SimyGames and SimyApplications finishing
- Q1/2018 - Finish SimyGames, SimyApplications, Charge Zero
- Q2/2018 - Finish SimyLife App, series manufacturing
- Q3/2018 - Delivery
BUILDING WITH SENSE
The basic idea behind SimyLife is to bring more Sense in my Life.
You can use the SimyBall anonymous and offline. That's important to us. If you create an online account, you have access to your data from everywhere and they are backed.
Our future goal is that our system and people are learning from the crowd. We enjoy tinkering with and building ontop of other products we like. SimyBall will let you have that experience, our goal is to provide a SDK for developers. We would love to hear your thoughts on what you might want to build with SimyBall, how you could directly interact with the hardware and the data it collects.
In the SimyLife team, we combine the expertise of elite sports coaches with strategic IT management and years of experience in game development. Our university partners, such as the Vienna University of Applied Sciences and the University of Vienna, bring their scientific know-how to bear. With a good deal of creativity and effort, we have achieved something completely new to the market.
“Why don’t most people stay on the ball?” This is the question Andreas Chabicovsky (CEO of SimyLife) asked himself when he observed that – despite the active involvement of the participants in his training sessions – the sessions themselves rarely led to a reduction in stress. In the absence of a personal coach, most of the participants simply lacked motivation. Why not make the classic anti-stress ball intelligent and turn it into a games controller? Listen to the whole story.
AWARDS AND NOMINATIONS
SIMYBALL GIFT CARD
THAT'S ALL FOLKS
SUPPORTER AND PARTNERS
*Supported by aws impulse XL of the Austrian Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy, administered by aws
Risks and challenges
1. Taking a concept and making the journey to make it a commercial product involves skills in hardware and software engineering, industrial design, manufacturing, supply chain and product lifecycle management. Acquiring these skills or hiring consultants requires money, time and effort. With EBV electronic/Avnet we have a trusted advisor to help manage and guide through this process. This has a big influence on the overall success of our business.
2. Low product costs without compromising quality: Success and wide-adoption of SimyBall depends directly on cost. Designers faced the challenge of picking the right components, and designing low-cost/high-quality.
3. Small Size: The ball’s size had to be small to keep it easy and realistic for a client to use and carry around. Picking small form-factor components to design PCBs with tight space requirements posed a considerable challenge. Signal quality, interference and other noise issues had to be minimal to ensure sensing accuracy was not affected.
4. Build in scale: Support from the best technical universities, professional medical partners and having come from an excellence technical background, Andreas and his startup team knows that supply-chain understanding, component lead times and management of outsourced manufacturing entities needs to be improved all over the time.
- All gone!