This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Mon, December 10 2018 5:18 AM UTC +00:00.
“The Day Tomorrow Said No” is an illustrated fable about how you will win the epic battle for your future. In just 24 spreads, this book powerfully changes hearts, minds, and revolutionizes the way we work! The journey of the three characters —Today, Tomorrow, and Little One — is our journey, our leap into the future. (Download a FREE copy of the final pre-press draft here.)
"Gave me goosebumps, made me teary. We all need this book." ~ Sue Bingham, High Performance Work Group
CHANGING THE WORLD: This is a PayItForward campaign. Your pledge creates a new generation of leaders! Africa’s explosive population growth is one of the greatest forces in the future of work. That’s why we’ve partnered with Asante Africa Foundation, whose mission is to educate the next generation of global leaders. They will use this book for their leadership and entrepreneurship training, as well as for developing an entire generation of female leaders.
"Wow! Amazing book. We are thrilled to partner with you." ~Erna Grasz, CEO, Asante Africa
WHY THIS BOOK is needed: I wrote this book as a call to action: To revolutionize the conversation about, and the leadership of, the future of work. We are racing towards a bipolar future — divided into the top 40% and the bottom 60%. We are simply leaving too many people behind. (Which is why Tomorrow said ‘No’ to the handoff from Today.)
I wrote this book to create a new path to hope, redemption, and more amazing futures for us all. The book ends with a Facilitator’s Guide: So that we all can create a new conversation about how we will share a better future for us all!
“The Day Tomorrow Said No” is a data-driven story about the future we face: More change in the next 20 years than the past 2,000 years! And the threats and opportunities of superintelligent automation: Robopocalypse for so many of us!
Tomorrow and Little One discover the solution! They discover the secret to an amazing future — the 3Bs: Believers, Breakers, Builders — a secret that teachers, leaders, and managers around the world are now sharing with their teammates!
"This book changed the lives of my students." ~Shauna Pollock, Founder, Blue Sky School
1. THE BOOK: Signed copy. Masterfully illustrated by Yuko Fukishima and Mihato in Japan, this 7” x 10” softcover book tells the story of the epic battle for your future. While a fable, it’s data-driven: Over 1,000,000 interviews and surveys across the globe contributed to its insights. Also, the back of the book details future of work trends, and how to use this book to change your future.
2. THE HOW TO COMPANION: This 70-page PDF — “Tomorrow’s How To Guide for Reimagining The Future” — is your roadmap to the future. It includes detailed how tos for business leaders, educators, coaches, HR, teammates, and individuals. Everything you need to know to get all your tomorrows to say “Yessss!”
3. 3B HALL OF FAME: Do you know an amazing Believer, Breaker, or Builder Hero who deserves to be known worldwide? Nominate them to be a 3B Hero! (Criteria for 3Bs.) For the entire year after this book’s release, each month we will showcase 3B Heroes across global media. For each showcased hero, we’ll send 3 signed copies of the book! One for you, one for your hero, and one for a young loved one — a member of Team Future!
4. 3B WEBINAR FOR YOUR TEAM: Jam-packed with epic, future of work takeaways! We have taken the best-of-the-best takeaways from our Believer, Breaker, and Builder Bootcamps, and packed them into a powerful quick-hit webinar for your team.
5. KENYA SCHOOL KIT: WORKSHOP FOR TOMORROW’S LEADERS: Would you like to change the world? You can! You will! Through our partnership with Asanta Africa Foundation leadership students in one of three intense learning experiences: • Believer Bootcamp • Breaker Bootcamp • Builder Bootcamp. Each Bootcamp includes: > 10 copies of “The Day Tomorrow Said No” > 1 Teacher’s Kit with lesson plans on developing today’s students into tomorrow’s leaders > 1 large 24” x 36” Classroom Poster, simplifying the book’s messages > The book’s creator traveling to Kenya to help facilitate. Goal: Training and enabling Team Future to change the world!
6. CORPORATE WORKSHOP: DEVELOPING YOUR LEADERS, YOUR FUTURE: Which future strong skills and behaviors would you like to develop in your leaders and teammates? A Believer’s passions? A Breaker’s drive for innovation? A Builder’s holistic, systemic thinking? With your pledge, you will receive one of three powerful leap-into-the-future workshops, at a location of your choice: • Believer Bootcamp • Breaker Bootcamp • Builder Bootcamp. Each Bootcamp includes: BOOKS: 10 copies of “The Day Tomorrow Said No”
PLANNING, FACILITATION: Planning sessions with your corporate leaders to focus the bootcamp on specific business goals and objectives. > Co-Facilitator’s Guide (Book’s creator will co-facilitate with one of your leaders.) > Breakout Exercise Instructions. > Slides. > 90-day Action Plan for your team to leverage all that they have brainstormed
FOLLOW-UP: 120-day Followup Coaching Session will book’s creator
BONUS: 3 additional free ebooks: Future Strong: How to thrive in a disruptive future. > Disrupt: Think Epic, Be Epic: How to be epic while everything around you is changing. > The Courage Within Us: 7 leadership traits for success.
BOOK’S CREATORS: Hi! I’m Bill Jensen. For over 30 years, as CEO of The Jensen Group, I’ve helped thousands of companies across the globe and millions of employees change faster, and work smarter. Everything I do is research-based: over 1,000,000 people across the globe surveyed and interviewed. I’m known globally as Mr. Simplicity: I make it easier to do great work. And as global thought-leader, Futurist: I make it easier to leap into tomorrow. Prior to this book, I’ve written 8 best-selling business books — 3 of which are offered free for pledges.
Risks and challenges
Low. Between us — one multi-time business author and global speaker with over 30 years consulting on change, and two geeked-out comics illustrators — we have scores of publications and educational programs under our belt! The most exciting yet challenging dimension is building a community around this book. That’s exactly why we’re going through Kickstarter instead of the typical mainstream publisher or self-publish route. YOU and your passions for helping others are crucial to this project’s success! Thank you!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter