Funded! This project was successfully funded on July 19, 2012.

Update #2

Kickstarter Likes The Silver Cord, too.

Comment

We are honored that The Silver Cord was selected as a Staff Pick for all Kickstarter projects, and the #1 Staff Pick for Comics.

One of the reasons our servers got overloaded was because The Silver Cord also got bOING bOING'd, which means it was posted on that popular site, which drove a ton of traffic to our website.

The Silver Cord launch also got a lot of other attention from social influencers. Marketing maven Seth Godin noted it. Science fiction author David Brin blogged it. Social Times, a publication about social media, gave it a mention.

There was a fair amount of tweeting about it. If you do tweet (and I hope you do) use the tag #silvercord

Thanks to supporters like you we have raised $8,000, or 20% of our goal. That leaves 80% to go. Please let your friends, fans, and followers know about your support for this cool story.

-- KK

720
Backers
$42,723
pledged of $40,000 goal
0
seconds to go
Sc-kickstarter-image_s.medium

See full bio

  • Pledge $10 or more
    You selected

    60 backers

    Your name listed in the acknowledgements.

    Estimated delivery:
  • Pledge $20 or more
    You selected

    181 backers

    Your name listed, plus an early PDF of the book emailed to you.

    Estimated delivery:
  • Pledge $35 or more
    You selected

    210 backers

    Your name listed, plus a printed copy of the book mailed to you.

    Estimated delivery:
  • Pledge $75 or more
    You selected

    17 backers

    Your name listed, plus a printed copy, signed by all the artists.

    Estimated delivery:
  • Pledge $100 or more
    You selected

    157 backers

    Your name listed, plus a printed copy of part two and part one as a set, signed by all the artists.

    Estimated delivery:
  • Pledge $150 or more
    You selected

    8 backers

    Your name listed, plus a printed copy of part two and part one as set, signed by all the artists, plus a signed copy of Kevin Kelly's most recent nonfiction, a great thematic match for The Silver Cord, What Technology Wants

    Estimated delivery:
  • Pledge $200 or more
    You selected

    17 backers

    Your name listed, plus a printed book, plus a printed copy of a limited edition Concept Art book with developmental sketches, research art, and extras.

    Estimated delivery:
  • Pledge $250 or more
    You selected

    6 backers

    Your name listed, plus a printed copy of part two and part one as set, signed by all the artists, plus a printed copy of a limited edition Concept Art book with developmental sketches, research art, and extras, plus a signed copy of Kevin Kelly's thematically related non-fiction book What Technology Wants, plus an awesome original storyboard page from book one.

    Estimated delivery:
  • Pledge $500 or more
    You selected

    4 backers Limited (11 left of 15)

    All of the above, plus one page of original artwork from the first book: a large 11 x 17 inch black and white pencil rough.

    Estimated delivery:
  • Pledge $1,000 or more
    You selected

    2 backers Limited (1 left of 3)

    All the above, plus your face or name inserted in the story line of Part Two.

    Estimated delivery:
  • Pledge $1,100 or more
    You selected

    2 backers Limited (8 left of 10)

    All the above, plus we'll work in a three-word phrase of your choosing into the next book's dialog.

    Estimated delivery:
  • Pledge $5,000 or more
    You selected

    0 backers Limited (1 left of 1)

    All the above (face, original art, concept book, printed copies), plus lunch with the creators at KK's studio.

    Estimated delivery:
Funding period

- (30 days)