Order your bespoke Scrabble Dress now!
Order your bespoke Scrabble Dress now!
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Wed, November 20 2019 4:38 PM UTC +00:00.
We are excited to bring you this fabulous Scrabble Dress! Available in sleeved or no sleeves, available in a long or short skirt and in UK sizes 6-28 (US 2-24).
I started my small business Silly Old Sea Dog in 2013 after graduating in Fashion. Our aim is to produce vintage inspired dresses in all-inclusive sizes for every women, and for them all to be ethically made in the UK.
Silly Old Sea Dog’s studio is based in Newquay, UK where our items are designed, our hair accessories are all made here by our local team. Our collection of dresses are all designed in Newquay and then produced by our small factory in Scotland. We are passionate about manufacturing in the UK and offering something different from that available from the chain stores. We design all of the patterns ourselves and produce them in quality designer cotton fabrics.
Everything about our dresses is designed to be top quality. They are made to last and be enjoyed for years to come. The fabric is all 100% cotton, which means they can be washed, tumble dried and ironed. The zips are all YKK, our dresses are lined in spotty 100% cotton fabric and have deep concealed side pockets. The sizes have been made to fit real women, we use fit models of all sizes to test our patterns before they are graded. Our factory in Scotland cut out all our patterns by hand, they are then sewn on machines by our skilled seamstresses, many which have worked at the family run factory for over 20 years. All of our staff are paid fairly for the work that they do, and protected by EU laws, which makes our finished dresses sustainable and ethical. Our ethics are at the heart of our business, along with quality beautiful dresses that make you feel fabulous and stand out from the crowd!
Why Buy from our Kickstarter?
1. It means you can pre-order a dress, knowing that if the project reaches its goal, your dress is guaranteed as in your size!
2. You can choose if you want a short or a long version of the dress, which I cannot normally offer.
3. You can order sizes 26 and 28 which we do not stock generally.
4. As soon as the dresses are made, yours will be dispatched, so you have it straight away and get to show it off first.
5. There are no additional postage charges to pay, as Ive included it for UK customers and been transparent with fees for worldwide shipping on the campaign. ✈
6. You can see your dress come to life, as I will share production photos on our Kickstarter and social media, so you know where it came from!
7. You get to support my small business and our team of UK seamstresses, which makes you feel good!
8. You can order additional hair accessories, belts, socks and petticoats to match your dress.
9. You get to own a dress made in small runs, so the chances of you going out in it and seeing another lady wearing the same are unlikely!
10. You can send us your pictures of you wearing your dresses and enjoying them and we will share them on our Instagram and Facebook pages.
11. You are buying a dress which is caring on the environment, washable, wearable time and time again and designed to last!
Laura is wearing a size 10, with sleeves and a short skirt. Leigh is wearing a size 18, without sleeves and with a long skirt. Both skirt size options and sleeve options are available in both standard and plus sizes - please ensure to pledge on the option that you require. We will email you after the campaign has ended to ask for your dress size.
Please do support us and other local businesses this year. Without your support, we can’t exist.
Our matching accessories offer a great small purchase if you would just like to support us, or a fab combination with the dress!
Dresses will be ready to ship in March 2020. As this fabric takes a while to ship from the USA.
Thank you for supporting my small business.
Risks and challenges
We will only be able to manufacture the dresses if we reach our goal. The reason for this is that our factory have a minimum order value and we are only able to buy fabrics by the roll.
We have lots of experience in making our dresses and working with our factory in Scotland, so we know that if we reach our goal, we can deliver the finished product.
Dresses will be none refundable or exchangeable as ordered via our Kickstarter.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter