Frequently Asked Questions
1. We wanted to make a richly thematic living miniatures game that would not diminish with replays. The most expensive elements in the game are the Ships and modules and their accessories. These are larger than the average skirmish game miniature and of a higher quality. When the height widget is fully extended the ships on the table are at the eye level of a sitting player. In addition to that you will be able to mod them on the fly by swapping the modules.
2. We wanted to deliver the best experience possible for our backers and not compromise on quality. We are working with the best manufacturer in the business (Panada Games also make Scythe and Tail Feathers) and have 388 parts in the Base Set and the Board is a massive 700x1000 mm.
2. The price shown on Kickstarter is in Singapore Dollars and not US Dollars (unless you are in the US). This is a Kickstarter thing as we are in Singapore. The exchange rate is usually S$100 = US$73. So if you thought the game is cool but US 100 bucks is steep you just got a *special* 27% discount.Last updated:
We are committed to delivering the extra value to you the Kickstarter community. We have ensured that all our backers derive a lot of value from our campaign regardless of how many people now come on. Just at the Base Set pledge level itself we are delivering a lot of extra value . With the Definitive set the value, out of the gate, is even more. Consider:
1. The Base Set that you see on Kickstarter will be Retailing at SGD 150/- (USD 110)
2. We have already attained 8 of our Hero cards and are well on our way to achieve the balance 4. These will only be available after the Kickstarter as 3 add-on sets (SGD 8/USD 6 Each).
3. We have unlocked the Gems upgrade for our Social goals. We have unlocked 2 of our stretch goals. These are another part of the game that will be available after the Kickstarter only as an add-on items. (SGD 27/USD 20)
4. We have just announced and added the Solo-play kit (Base Set and above) that will also be available after the KS as an add-on item (Not yet priced but approximately SGD27 / USD 20).
5. The Deluxe Pledge onwards comes with a Medium Play mat (Which will retail at SGD 55/USD 40)
6. The Kick-starter Exclusive Master Modules available to our Early Bird backer pledge backers. As these will be Tournament Playable and Unique these are the very valuable.Last updated:
The Base Set is massive and has 387 parts but the Deluxe Set has the potential of becoming even bigger with the extended goals. (Though we deliver the value of the difference in price between the two sets right out the gate with a massive 3ft by 3ft Skirmish Mat).
We have 12 very achievable extended goals that will potentially unlock more ships, more modules, more meeples, more board, more everything. The Deluxe Set will make Avertigos one of the biggest games for the price. Plus (and its a big PLUS) the Deluxe set will boast of the Kickstarter exclusive supermegabrokenawesome Master Modules that are so cool that they will 'literally' (the word is being used 'metaphorically' here) let you feel your rivals squirm.Last updated:
The Definitive set is our dream game rendered in all its glory. This set will be so mammoth that your shelves will groan. This set gets you the Base Set and all the Extended goals and everything else we've built for the game! This is the most decadent game you will ever own. You will play it for years and still love it more than anything else you will ever own.Last updated:
We know we've made something to be savoured. This is not fast-food this is the finest gourmet. This is a game that will break your mind and own your senses. We want you to get hooked (like we have done) and have new stuff to digest every day of the campaign.Last updated:
We had a relationship with you before you even came to this page. We have been thinking about you for over a year. We are all intensely proud and each of us wants to be the best Designer, Artist, Modeller, Videographer and friend you've ever had. We think we have a very very cool and innovative idea and we wanted to be the first to make you experience it.Last updated:
If you've reached this question, you should have already read everything above. Such a HUGE game going to so many different places. A 'one size fits all' rate would have made the price go into the stratosphere. We have planned this. We will ship the game to 5 hubs around the world and take care of customs and logistics etc. From there we will work with local shipping companies and ship the game to individual backers. This way everyone will benefit with 5 extra months of logistics planning, bargaining and general price haggling we will be able to do armed, as we would be with detailed information about where and how you need the game to reach.Last updated:
If you have an obsessive fetish for miniature flying-sail ships and a whole lot of patience we will make this, the most awesome game in the world into your prized family heirloom.
We will craft meticulously detailed Resin miniatures and paint them with extreme care and artistry. We will hand make fabric sails and render your heraldry on them. We will gently pack all this labour in soft foam and send it to you... and then we will softly shed tears, because we will have given you a little piece of ourselves, which we will miss.Last updated:
We really are committed to delivering high quality miniatures that many of our backers will enjoy painting in detail. We prototyped in gaudy green 3D plastic printing filament to make sure that the ship contours look good all on their own. We intend to ship the ships (that's so cool to say) in a much more palatable colour (one that will play well even unpainted) and the sails and pennants will add that dash of visual interest that will make the ships look pretty for those, of out backers, who prefer not to paint them.Last updated:
The Short answer is 'No' the models featured here have been 3D Printed in our studio for prototyping purposes only. The models that will ship with the game will be moulded in Plastic by Panda Games manufacturing and will be of a much higher quality. They have previously worked on great looking games such as Tail Feathers, Scythe and Pandemic etc.
That being said, we think our little 3D printed ships are cool too!Last updated:
The Patrol boats and Coastal Ship are about 65mm long. The Frigate is 98mm and the Destroyer 120mm.
All the ships are around 36mm high (without any modules) except the Coastal ship which is 40mm.
The tallest module is the Dynasty Master Bosun at 40mm.
Most of our Plastic sails will be around 8mm tall. (all between 7.5 and 11mm)
The Stand fully extended on its own goes up to about 225 mm long.
So the average maximum height is around 300 mm or 11.5 inches.
A very impressive visual and tactile treat.Last updated:
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask the project creator directly.Ask a question