About this project
Bedtime Heroes is a family-friendly game from BAFTA-nominated developer Steve Venezia. It has been designed to be very accessible to a younger audience but still be interesting for mature players, making it the perfect game for families or gaming groups looking to introduce new players to our great hobby.
What makes Bedtime Heroes special?
- Easy to learn - The basic rules are simple and can be picked up in seconds; children as young as 5 have played the game successfully.
- Choose how long to play - The game ends when all the Monsters are defeated, so you can play shorter games by putting fewer Monsters in the starting deck.
- Adjustable difficulty - As with the Monsters you choose which Toys are used so the complexity of the game is under your control.
- Layered depth - Many of the Toys are designed to work with (and against) each other so each new game will see different strategies emerging.
Can't wait until our next Kickstarter launch? Well, why not download and play the whole game for free!
And if you'd like to simply view the rule book, you can find it right here.
Tired of reading? Don't worry, we've got you covered - check out this gameplay video!
Check out what other people thought of Bedtime Heroes:
- Radho - "A very sweet game, great to play with children."
- TheOneTAR - "Bedtime Heroes is a cute little game that reminds me of a fluffier, non-deck building version of Thunderstone. You prepare your army of toys and then head to the edge of the bed to fend off what monsters you encounter there. Half the fun of the game though is trying to out bid your opponents on key toys to add to your army – you don't get that in Thunderstone."
- G*M*S Magazine - "Overall the game has a massive potential for development that could (and probably will) be met by the time is published, so I look forward to seeing the evolution of a game that could keep children entertained for hours on end." Read the full review here.
- Z from GeekDad - "Bedtime Heroes is a fun, engaging and easily scalable tabletop title perfect for the whole family. Its hybrid dice/card mechanic is robust without being overcomplicated, and its core story concept—protecting sleeping kids from monsters using classic toys—has genuine universal appeal." Read the full post here
- Nick Meenachan from Board Game Brawl - "Bedtime Heroes mixes interesting mechanics from more advanced games - like bidding and push-your-luck - and makes them accessible to gamers of all ages, together with lovely artwork and a unique theme."
Bedtime Heroes will return!
Risks and challenges
We want to minimize the risks involved as much as possible, and as such have chosen only reputable and highly recommended companies to work with. Ludo Fact will manufacture the game and Amazon will distribute it (based on demand) - we feel safe in the hands of these companies who have dealt with countless of these projects and we already have working relationships with both, so if problems do arise we know people we can rely on to help us out.
All of the required art has been created and adjusted to suit the printers so we are not predicting trouble in that department, but even if it does we have a graphic designer on 24/7 stand-by ready to solve any issues that may emerge.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)