About this project
If we shoot over our pledge total, we will provide the following rewards:
$85,000 - 15 extra side quests
$95,000 - 50 extra craftable items
$105,000 - 4 extra spells for each class
$115,000 - 2 extra classes
$125,000 - 5 more bosses
$135,000 - mobile port for Android/iPhone and a OUYA port
Shadow Remnants is a turn-based tactical role-playing game for the PC. As you travel through the vast country of Avatia, you will battle against the tides of corruption to uncover an ancient power with a terrible secret. Using the wide range of character classes at your disposal, assemble a band of followers to aid you in battle. Make your way to the very heart of corruption, crushing your foes with both magic and sheer physical might.
If you enjoyed Final Fantasy Tactics, Disgaea or other similar titles then you are not alone. The turn-based tactical RPG genre is a great one...so, why does it feel so neglected? We decided to create a game to reignite the excitement that these games brought us. We feel that infusing unique classes, non-linear talent trees, a crafting system, randomized encounters, epic boss battles, our soul fragment system, multiplayer and a lengthy single player campaign with dozens of side quests will make one awesome game.
- 13 unique classes which become available through a tree-style unlock system to allow maximum player customization and a wide range of party compositions
- 2 skill trees for each class, allowing for control over a specific character's focus
- A crafting system that allows you to use raw materials obtained in battle to forge new gear
- Turn-based combat on vibrant 3d battlefields where character skills, gear, timing and positioning all affect the outcome of a fight.
- Online multiplayer where you can take your party head-to-head against other players and compete for rare crafting materials and rankings
- Epic boss battles which will require every ounce of skill and strategy that you have at your disposal
- Soul Fragments drop at random when an enemy is slain. After you collect a certain amount, you will learn a new spell from the soul.
- A new and challenging gameplay mechanic that allows the player to directly influence the effectiveness of your abilities and spells by timing a charge meter. The closer the meter is to the critical zone, the more powerful the attack.
Shorebound Studios is a small indie studio founded by Jonathon Davis and Ryan Berkani. Our mission to create high-quality, immersive games. We want to give players enjoyable and worthwhile experiences that they will remember. Our backgrounds range from training simulations software for the government to engine and game development. Jonathon has been in the gaming industry for eight years and has designed three of his own multi-platform engines and has launched two games for the iPhone/iPad, Moonlight Minions and Pastry Pig.
Although we have made significant progress so far, we have been funding this out of pocket and the money has disappeared. We simply cannot afford to go forward and make the game we have been dreaming about for years. Where will the money go? It will provide hot pockets and ramen noodles to our team and cover asset costs such as models, animation, textures, sound effects, music, concept art, etc. It will also be used to cover server costs. If you are interested in the project or you love the turn-based tactical RPG genre, we ask that you help us out. We cannot do this without you!
We will also be launching a Linux version on the same release date.
Yes, there will definitely be a OUYA version if we hit the $135,000 pledge total.
We discussed this back when we started the project and realized it would be very difficult to balance. However, we plan on exploring this again as we near release.
We will also be launching a Mac version on the same release date.
We will have a DRM-free version and will also be launching on Steam.
Support this project
- (30 days)