About this project
***UPDATE: We set a goal of $35,000 to build an iOS app, and you guys blew through it in less than ONE DAY!! Amazing!! We are incredibly excited and grateful, and we can't wait to build your app! But we're not done yet...
**GOAL #2 = $65,000 <---- DONE! Raised in 21 days!!! Look for a SheReadsTruth ANDROID APP in November 2014, friends!!!
**STRETCH GOAL = $80,000
An "Evening of Truth" VIRTUAL CONFERENCE for EVERY BACKER! Worship (with Ellie Holcomb!), study, speakers (Annie Downs!), and Q&A with your SheReadsTruth writers and special guests!
* * * * * *
It’s been almost 2 years since four friends used the hashtag #SheReadsTruth to encourage one another to read God’s Word daily.
We are amazed at what God has done and what He continues to do. We are amazed by you, the way you love one another and run hard after God and His Word together.
You’ve asked us for more, and we so long to give it.
The SheReadsTruth Bible app is the long-awaited next phase of the SheReadsTruth community. The purpose of the app is threefold:
1. To sustain the SheReadsTruth ministry.
2. To provide women everywhere with a beautiful, functional and accessible Bible for their mobile device that is FREE to download and share - a tool for Kingdom building and personal growth.
3. To enrich the existing SheReadsTruth experience.
WHAT is it?
FREE to download, the SheReadsTruth Bible+Devotional app will feature:
- A lovely, user-friendly interface
- Full versions of the popular Bible translations
- Personal journal + text highlighting and sharing
- In-app camera with SRT stamps, filters + social sharing
- Sharable, downloadable graphics and lock screens
- Classic SRT devotional plans available free to all users
- New SheReadsTruth devotional plans available with in-app purchase* + some new SRT plans available free
- Synced comment community between app + website
- Customizable push notification reading reminders
- Planned additions for future updates include a local “find a church” tool, enhanced photo editing features, and additional Bible translations.
WHEN will it be available?
The iPhone app is already in development! (We’re moving out in faith, y’all.) Our goal is for the iPhone app to launch in the App Store on July 1, 2014, with the iPad app following on or before September 1, 2014. Should we reach our extended fundraising goal, we plan to have an Android app available in November 2014. (Wheeee!)
WHY do we need $35,000?
So as it turns out, apps are not cheap, you guys. Building a quality, custom app requires that we:
1. Hire an experienced developer (and we have a great one!)
2. Hire an experienced designer (done!)
3. Give you guys some super awesome incentives for participating in this huge, fantastic dream. (Sure, we could do this without the incentives, but what fun would that be?!)
WHAT IF we surpass our goal? First, we do approximately 18 cartwheels and 46 fist bumps. Then, we do this:
- If we reach $65,000: Android folks, we’re coming for ya! Reaching 65k means an iPhone app, an iPad app, AND an Android app. (And we really, really want an Android app.) Spread the word, Android sisters! Let’s do this thing.
- If we reach $80,000: Every donor at Tier 3 and above will be invited to an "Evening of Truth" virtual CONFERENCE! The first (and possibly not last!) of its kind, we will host an evening event of worship, study, speakers, and Q&A. We get giddy at the thought of this!
WHAT INCENTIVES have we planned to thank you? So many pretty, happy, special things! We want to get these lovelies into your hands - a token of our gratitude for making the SheReadsTruth app REAL! If you can give $10, we want to thank you by name and send you a small gift. And if you can give $2,000? Come to Nashville for a girls' weekend!
Think of the incentives as just that - not a store with merchandise, but tokens of our gratitude for your greater gift of financial support for this project.
And since some of us are visual learners, we made these handy graphics to help you decode all of the levels of giving on the sidebar! PS - we're not giving away CARS - just cool, vinyl decals FOR your cars :)
AND ALSO, thank you.You have supported the women and mission of SheReadsTruth passionately and faithfully these two years, and it is our joy to walk alongside you as we go to God’s Word each day. Through this amazing community, Jesus has captured our affections anew and filled our hearts to the brim. App or no app, we are so grateful.
*New SheReadsTruth devotional plans will continue to be available free on the shereadstruth.com web site. Our heart is that money would never prevent anyone from joining in the community or the daily devotionals. Participation in paid plans within the app will allow us to keep content free on the site and enhance the SRT content and community experience as a whole. We truly believe paying pennies a day to read new plans within the app will be worth every penny! (We seriously can't wait!)
Music: "The Only Hope I've Got" by Ellie Holcomb, featured on the album As Sure As The Sun, usage granted by Ellie Holcomb
Risks and challenges
There are risks and challenges to developing an app, but we are so grateful to have so many things already falling into place! We already have our designer and developer on board, as well as licensing for two of our top full-text Bible versions, with several more in process.
Should we experience any significant delays with development, fulfillment, shipping, etc, we will let all backers know and we will keep an open communication.
Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions you may have.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)