Circadians: First Light
A strategic dice-placement, resource management and engine building game, designed by Sam Macdonald (Architects of the West Kingdom)
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Wed, January 30 2019 2:00 AM UTC +00:00.
Garphill Games, in association with our international partners are proud to bring you Circadians: First Light. This is the first title in a brand new line of sci-fi games.
We were light years from our home, galaxies away, when we first discovered this ancient celestial body - a planet filled with intriguing, intelligent lifeforms, not too unlike our own. Some built kingdoms below the surface of the green seas, while others controlled the desert-filled plains and cliffs. Among them we found scientists, inventors, farmers, traders and fighters. While our presence has been unsettling for some, we have had very few incidents with the locals. Still, we Circadians, Earth's famed explorers, must do what we can to ensure peace. We must respect this world and its hosts. The heads of Moontide passed down orders from above. We are to open negotiations with the three clans, in hopes of gaining their favor, along with our own security while on the planet. We must also collect organic samples for the depository on Moontide. This is new ground for all of us, but we must be brave and resourceful. The future of the Circadians depends on it.
- 8 Variable Player Powers, double-sided Clan Boards, double-sided Planet Board, 16 Event Cards and 36 unique Item Cards offer a huge amount of replayability
- Simultaneous planning and minimal downtime between turns makes for a fast-paced gameplay
- Engine building and card combos allow for multiple paths to victory
- Unique resource harvesting mechanisms
- Easy to administer Solo Mode with 4 different difficulty levels
The aim of Circadians: First Light is to lead a team of researchers on the planet of Ryh. Players need to manage their crew (dice) to visit various parts of the planet for trade, farming, construction and research. Players score points for negotiating with the locals, harvesting resources for the depository, upgrading their research base, exploring the planet, and collecting gems. The game is played over eight rounds. At the end of the final round, the player with the most points wins.
Total card counts for sleeving = 78 Cards (all 43 x 67 mm)
For this Kickstarter we have decided not to offer any stretch goals. Instead, all components will be upgraded from day one! Linen finish, black core cards, premium wooden tokens, thicker box, translucent dice, plastic molded insert, solo mode, etc, etc. On top of that, we are also giving away a free expansion pack with each copy of Circadians: First Light.
The Allies Expansion includes 4 new Character Boards and additional tiles as part of some character abilities.
- To add-on additional copies of the Circadians: First Light, simply add an extra $60 NZD per copy to your pledge level. There are no additional shipping fees for extra copies. There are no additional discounts for larger groups.
- There will not be a pledge manager. All add-ons must be accounted for before the campaign ends.
- The German version is limited to 1 copy per pledge.
- Each copy of Circadians: First Light comes with the free Allies Expansion.
- All pledges are in NZD.
Rather than offering previous Garphill Games titles as add-ons in this campaign, we have decided to run a sale on specific items over at www.garphill.com - this sale will remain open for the duration of the Kickstarter campaign.
All shipping rates are included in each Reward Level.
- For English editions, US, Canada, EU, Australia, NZ and Norway all have no additional costs above those shown on each Reward Level. Garphill Games will handle production and fulfillment of all English versions. Rewards sent within Norway (excluding Svalbard) will be distributed via Grimfield Games, Norway. Alternatively, Norwegian backers may pre-order directly from Grimfield Games.
- For German editions, all orders within Germany have no additional costs above those shown on each Reward Level. Schwerkraft-Verlag will handle production and fulfillment of all German versions. The German edition is only available in Germany and Austria.
- For Spanish editions, all orders within Spain have no additional costs above those shown on each Reward Level. Ediciones Primigenio will handle production and fulfillment of all Spanish versions. The Spanish edition is only available in Spain.
For all other areas, Kickstarter will automatically add any additional cost when selecting your reward.
Risks and challenges
Having crowdfunded games in the past, I realize it can take a while from project start to completion (you getting your games). My goal is to have all games sent out before the end of October 2019. Project backers will be notified should this be delayed.
You can view one of my previous projects here -