Mad Genius Studios: A Sanctuary for Creatives
Or, taking down the Billionaire Class $1 at a time through content, funding startups, experiments, + building MGS studios worldwide.
In a nutshell, Mad Genius Studios aspires to be 3 things:
(1) A philanthropic endeavor disguised as a business, because we all know that it takes funding to help tackle many of the biggest problems facing humanity and our planet.
(2) In the same breath, we want to make ideas the new currency and utilize unconventional means to disrupt and improve the various broken systems that plague the world.
(3) An attempt to build a grassroots movement we're calling the #LoveRevolution. You can help us get there with your generosity because we have more ideas than we/you/us will ever be able to act upon, and that's okay, because we can keep passing the baton on to future generations so they, too, can help tackle the issues of their days and make the world a better place to live in for everyone.
Your $1, $10, $20, or $100 donation can make a real difference in helping us achieve our goals of supporting women, saving the planet, and combating the negativity and hate that currently plagues humanity through positive messaging, highlighting people (especially women) doing good in our world, and encouraging the concept that #IdeasAreTheNewCurrency. We can no longer allow the billionaires and the oligarchs of the world to control our economies, our communities, and our planet. Individuals standing together with the support of forward-thinking corporations can help us address the greed that plagues our governments and so much of our culture.
Here's an infographic of our rewards:
Here's a snippet of our unconventional 5-year business plan. The full version will be shared with backers.
Year 1 (2017): Tour of the #AlreadyGreatAmerica, spreading a message of love, empowerment, and the importance of creativity and unleashing the power of the human mind through collaboration and #SafePlaces to work and create.
Year 2 (2018): Renovating #SafePlaces all over the world that creatives and executives can utilize to hatch their next big idea or hack away at a problem that needs solved once and for all, complete with next steps and potentially craft an entire business plan.
Year 3 (2019): Focus on education in the form of scholarships, continuing education grants, and touring schools and communities with our message of hope, opportunity, and success for all.
Year 4 (2020): Focus full-time on the foundation arm(s) of Mad Genius Studios and Mad Dog Studios, our startup-within-a-startup focused on employees's rights and addressing injustices in the workplace.
Year 5 (2021): By the end of year 5, our goal is to address and eradicate as many issues facing women all over the world as possible. Because when women thrive, communities win, countries excel, and continents unite. To do this, we are going to start working on ALL of these goals right away, little by little. I would much rather these objectives be squeezed into a 1-year business plan (with the speed tech and life move, #1YearBusinessPlans should be the new norm anyway!), but I also want to be realistic in case this Kickstarter doesn't reach its target funding goal.
These BFHAGs (#BigFatHairyAudaciousGoals) were also majorly inspired by my anxiety about the Earth and the damage so many seem intent on doing to our one planet. That worry spilled out in a burst of creativity that inspired a #4DaySprint, during which I created art, Google docs, shopping lists, and wrote feverishly (mind you, before this, I've only ever considered myself a writer and not an "artist"). I also worked out a lot of thinking behind the vision for Mad Genius Studios (including purchasing over 200 domains!) while I created:
- Multiple photo shoots
- Sketch art
- Art installations in our yard and home
New book drafted called Peccadilloes, inspired by one of the speeches Robin Williams gives in Good Will Hunting when he says, "But Will, she's been dead for 2 years, and that’s the stuff I remember: wonderful stuff you know? Little things like that. Those are the things I miss the most. The little idiosyncrasies that only I know about: that’s what made her my wife. Oh she had the goods on me too, she knew all my little peccadilloes. People call these things imperfections, but there not. Ah, that’s the good stuff."
- Several drafted #Play-Books (each play-book is an attempt to disrupt a broken system and provide solutions and various perspectives so we can come together to tackle the big issues facing humanity), in which I wrote in the margins and blank spaces on top of my copies of books I owned, including Big Magic (the right for all of us to live creative lives, even if we don't consider ourselves "artists") and The Book Thief (or, why we need a #LoveRevolution so there's never another Max) because all our stories are intertwined and layered on top of all the content we've consumed in our lives and our favorites (i.e. books, music, movies, TV shows, experiences, etc.) impact who we are, how we think, and what we believe. So, it's really, really important we consume quality content, consistently, and Mad Genius Studios wants to inject more positivity, creativity, and solution-oriented thinking into our society through the production and distribution of quality content in many forms, including, eventually, books, music, movies, TV, plays, events, and more.
Ideas for 18+ more #Play-Books, each of which will be focused on shining a light on broken systems and issues, including: gender equality, climate change, racism, war, travel, tech/artificial intelligence, education, class warfare, self-care & mental health, publishing/media, space exploration, law enforcement, lifehacking, empowering women, customer service, venture capitalism/startups, fiscal responsibility, and renewable/sustainable energy (and that's just the #First20).
First of MGS #20Experiments, aka hacking _____ [insert any broken system here], $10,000 or less at a time. #MGSExperiment1, Medical Edition: when I tried to go to the ER but was treated so horribly that I checked in to a luxury hotel and spa instead (thanks, Grove Park Inn!) and spent about half as much money as I would have if I would have actually seen an ER nurse or doctor (don't know when that would have happened since I waited 1.5 hours and still didn't have any vitals checked or even asked to pee in a cup!).
#MGSExperiment2: #KindessIsACurrency. Making generousity the new norm at a place (such as Grove Park Inn) where it should already be the norm among guests (tip big, buy staff gifts, and be kind and generous to your fellow guests, just to name a few)
- Experiments/Hypotheses 3-20 + lessons learned will be revealed throughout the Kickstarter, exclusively to backers.
We're confident that others who are given the opportunity to do #4DaySprints will create lots of amazing businesses, art, and more, and a big part of our mission will be to provide spaces and curate these experiences for others so they, too, can chase their dreams and get from where they are to where they want to be with the help of these #4DaySprints in addition to the businesses we will help launch, content we'll produce, experiments we'll conduct, and many, many more missions tied to our vision for Mad Genius Studios.
And the really, really #BFHAG is for every single human being on this planet to have a happy, fulfilling life, on their terms. But it takes lots and lots of work for us to get there, and it's going to take all of us, supporting one another.
BTW: Happy doesn't mean rich; happy doesn't mean gold; happy means being fulfilled and contributing to society in a positive, useful manner. Give people hope and opportunity and an even playing field, and watch the entire world stop hating, stop fighting, and stop being greedy. It's time to #FlipTheScript and make this country and this planet work for all of us. Because, hypothetically, if there ARE aliens, wouldn't it be, uh, better to be, I dunno, a united planet just in case? If not, Earth and humanity as we know it today could just be a blip on the timeline of existence. The Milky Way was here before us, and there will be space after us. Let's change the course of human history for the better, together.
Here's a breakdown of where MGS' first million will go:
So, if you're interested in our 5 year vision and want to dive deeper into all of this, backers will gain access to our viewable Google doc that has ONE BIG IDEA: Raising $4.543 billion dollars to take down the Billionaire Class and even the playing field for the rest of us while also saving our planet--number chosen to honor Mother Earth's age ;) And before anyone tries to say this is anti-religion, just stop and think about the fact that the Milky Way is estimated to be 13.21 billion years old. In other words, there is so much we don't know yet and we are still here fighting to go backwards instead sprinting to go forward toward the goal of a happy life for every single person on this planet.
We hope you'll join us for this crazy, fun, and scary ride. Follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, or LinkedIn on our progress, and consider donating $1 to stay in the loop with our Kickstarter updates.
Risks and challenges
Risks: haters, trolls, negativity, fear, inadequate funding
Overcoming these risks: staying positive, only engaging online with fellow #LoveRevolution members and believers, self-care, #SafePlaces and being smart about our finances so we can make big things happen regardless of whether or not this Kickstarter is successful.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (43 days)