Dead Throne - Core Box and Language Packs (Canceled)
A revised edition of Dead Throne, multiple Language Packs and many more Add-Ons
Dead Throne - Core Box and Language Packs (Canceled)
A revised edition of Dead Throne, multiple Language Packs and many more Add-Ons
Welcome to Dead Throne, welcome, to The World of Veles.
The Core Box contains all of the below components:
Designed to be as compact and portable as possible for awesome games no matter where you are :)
- All the Cards, the Box and Card Trays can support both normal and extra thick card sleeves.
- There are also 10 tuck boxes to contain all the decks.
- The Market Cards are placed into the Market Insert and stacked for each game.
- Every card has a reference code on it for quick referencing and for searching their translation on our website here.
We have packed Dead Throne with as much content as possible while still leaving room for extra content from the Scenario Pack.
- 2x Competitive, 2x Solo, and a Co-Op mode.
- Multiple scenarios to explore and build for yourself.
- Endless replayability in an open world on a large, feature-rich map.
- Beautiful artwork from great illustrators.
- Ever-expanding story which can be discovered within the game and on our website.
In order to purchase any Add-On, just add the displayed cost onto your total pledge. After the campaign we will run a Pledge Manager. On this you will be able to select what add-ons you want using the extra pledge you put in.
To go all in just add £77 on top of your game pledge for Miniatures, Card Trays, Card Sleeves, Scenario Pack and Metal Coins and in our pledge manager you will be able to select them all.
All the Add-Ons include FREE SHIPPING.
You can choose any of four language packs:
Each Language Pack contains all the cards of the game translated into your language. During the Pledge Manager phase you will be able to select whichever language you wish. At this stage all you have to do is add £15 to your total pledge. If you want any more just add £12 for each additional one.
The rule books are a separate add-on which costs £5. They will be shipped along with the language packs. They can also be found on our website.
If you own a Board Game Café or just want all four languages you can upgrade to the Language Multi Pack in our Pledge Manager for £40 total. This will provide you with all four packs at £10 per pack. You can add this total now or during the PM phase.
After releasing the Deluxe Box last year we received a lot of great feedback that helped us to upgrade the cards for the Core Box. This cards pack contains all of those new cards as well as all the cards to ship with the Core Box from this campaign.
- Upgraded Market Cards (new prices and values, attack, defence, armor etc. including more powerful items).
- Upgraded Scroll Cards (separated into three classes for enhanced strategies and improving the balance of the scrolls).
- Characters Cards now have starting scroll classes that are character dependant.
- Upgraded Items throughout all the decks (new prices and values, attack, defence, armor etc.).
- New enemies that offer the more powerful items of the game as rewards. If you fail to defeat them they will remain on that step until someone does. The relevant item will be added to the artwork of the enemy.
Note: These cards are only in English. The Core Box and Language Packs already contain these upgrades. This add-on is for anyone who has purchased the Deluxe Box and would like to upgrade their cards.
The miniatures pack contains all 7 of the main characters in a designated box with two inserts.
The Miniatures average at 60mm tall.
The Card Trays Pack includes 7 card trays, all contained in their own box. The Card Trays themselves will fit inside the Core Box so you can store them with the main game.
The Card Sleeve Pack contains:
- 522 sleeves of 59x91mm (or equivalent to what is needed post campaign)
- 10 sleeves of 70x110mm
- 100mic thick
The Scenario Pack includes various components to allow for more advanced scenarios as well as including 6 new scenarios in its own rule book. The Scenario Pack is in English only for now though the translations will be available on our website.
All of the Scenario Pack contents have been designed to fit inside both the Deluxe and the Core Box.
Most of the art throughout this Scenario Pack is Kickstarter Exclusive and will not feature in future Scenario Packs.
- Three new Tiles. Double sided and each with unique features and layouts like HighWatch, a dark tower in the mountains with alters all around it, and the Turtle Islands that go into the sea combining Docks, Fields and Rocks in one.
- Multiple Trackers such as a Night and Day tracker, Town Stats, Character Points and more.
- 50+ Mini Objective cards which can be used with any game to collect points or you can create your own game with the first to complete 5 for example. The choice is yours.
- Mini Tiles used to represent the larger counterpart. Used for example in scenarios with Tile Elimination or Control.
- A D20 and D16 with tile names and Region types on them.
- Companion Standees to come with you on your adventure. Some are even mounted ;)
- Various other Markers and Tokens that work alongside the trackers and other elements of Scenario building such as Team Flags.
- Six New Scenarios: Such as Saladar’s Kingdom (Solo/Co-Op), Destruction of Lirennor (Competitive) and Hoard of the Dead (Solo/Competitive).
- Rule Book that contains the specifics of how to use various components and all six of the new Scenarios with their own art.
The pack contains 133 metal coins which can be used to replace the standard token coins that come with the game. Add some ching ching to your game :)
- Gold: 40
- Silver: 44
- Copper: 49
You can buy a beautiful print of the latest version of the Deluxe Box Rule Book in your own language (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish). It will be printed in your local region and shipped to you soon after this campaign. After this campaign you will be able to select your preferred language in our pledge manager.
This beautiful, A0 poster will be signed by the artist and sent to you.
- DO NOT INCLUDE IN YOUR PLEDGE. Follow this link to lock in your order.
- After you have been locked in we will send a verification email so you can add the payment into the campaign.
- Limited to ONLY 20 copies. The first 20 to lock in their request by following the link above will be able to purchase it.
- Finished with a stunning gloss.
- Shipped for FREE around Europe and North America. Anywhere else will include a shipping fee to be calculated at the point of sending.
The Deluxe Box was funded in April 2018 thanks to the amazing support of 822 backers. This box is designed to use the box itself as a component of the game in various ways. You can find out more by following this link to that campaign.
You can still purchase one of the few remaining Deluxe Boxes left here.
Each stretch goal we unlock will be added to all who have pledged for the relevant box or pack.
- Unlocking Stretch Goals is awesome, and we thank everyone who puts in that little extra to help us along. However, unlocking Stretch Goals means extra components to produce which might affect production time and therefore shipping time. We will always do our best to ship as early as possible but will always put quality of the products first.
- Stretch Goals with a poll involved will take place via a third party poll provider. We will collect all of your ideas and submit the best or most feasible ideas into the poll for you to select your favorite.
The artwork for the game is beautifully detailed. From the rule book to the tiles, from cards to boards. All of the art for the Core Box is almost fully complete thanks to our previous campaign and a lot of it can be seen below.
After the release of the Deluxe Box we received a lot of great feedback. We are always looking to move forward and so we made some adjustments to the mechanics:
- We made the 4+ rule optional.
- We changed the number of items you can steal from 3 to 1.
- We changed the prices and values (attack, defence, armor etc.) of all items in order to rebalance the Market. The Market is now more important within the game and holds some even more powerful items for you to buy.
- We rebalanced the Scrolls. We separated the three decks into three classes (Offensive, Defensive, Passive). Depending on the strategies you want to implement you will have to choose which category you will draw from for that scroll slot. We also went through all the scrolls and removed/replaced any overpowered ones to maintain a balance. We have also added a new symbol that drops below the banner to indicate which scrolls can be played on your opponents' or enemies' turn. This has allowed us to add this ability to scroll categories we couldn't before and is easier to recognise.
- Some of the more powerful items are now guarded by the worst of the enemies that you will encounter. You gain the item/reward on the back of their card. If you fail to defeat it the enemy will remain on that step for others to try their luck.
- We also went through the entire Rule Book in an effort to simplify and reword it based on that feedback. We also added an index in the back for easy rule searching.
We will always listen to our backers and do our best to implement any suggestions that you may have.
The above tutorial playlist goes through every aspect of how to play the game. It was built using the Deluxe box, but the mechanics remain similar.
- All the mechanics from videos 2-10.
- Video eleven explains the first Core Competitive mode.
- Video twelve explains how to play the Core Solo mode.
- Number thirteen demonstrates the Core Co-Op mode.
- Video fourteen explains how Scenarios work.
- And the final video, number fifteen recaps on everything to refresh your memory.
Scenarios in Dead Throne are a major part of the experience. With such a large world to explore there are so many possibilities.
Scenarios in Dead Throne are built by the community. On our website you will find the Scenarios Page where you can find scenarios shared by players all around the world. The game is open to anything you can imagine, and this page is where you can find inspiration and many more adventures.
You can easily build your own scenarios at home, and if you want to, you can share them with others. When you share a scenario on our website you will be rewarded with credit! This credit can be used to purchase items from us directly and on any of our future Kickstarter campaigns. So, don't hold back :) let your imagination go wild. We cannot wait to try out your scenarios too.
We have three forms of digital companions to the physical game:
The Tabletop Simulator on Steam is a great way to play Dead Throne on a virtual platform. Instructions on how to do so can be found by clicking the image.
The Dized App is a virtual rule book you can use on your phone or tablet. It is a great way to navigate and search for rules quickly. Instructions can be found by clicking the image.
On our website you can use the reference codes found on each card to search for its translation in the provided languages. You will be able to find just the text and the whole card as well. Simply click the image above to discover it.
If you would like to help us translate the game into your language, then please feel free to contact us so we can do just that :)
The Print and Play version of the game is a great way to test out the main components of the game. In the below link you will find the full sized tiles, health boards and tokens as well as a sample of cards from each deck. The two PDFs are in an A3 format and already aligned for front and back printing with instructions and guides for cutting.
You can find the Print and Play files here.
The Timeline above is an estimation based on information provided and our experience from our previous campaign. Everything is already lined up and well tested.
The Pre-Production of the Core Box and Language Packs should go very quickly as 90% of all the artwork, moulds, and tooling have already been completed. All the files are ready to be submitted after final checks post campaign.
Disclaimer: During the campaign, Stretch Goals and other changes might influence the delivery schedule. We will keep you updated every step of the way and look forward to an amazing adventure.
If you are a Retailer, Distributer, Board Game Café, or any other professional establishment, then we offer discounts on all the products seen. You can buy in small quantities or larger bulk orders. You will need to provide legal proof of your establishment either by sending to us directly or through prior vetting within Pledge Manager.
You can purchase small quantities of the Core Box from the retailers' pledge on this campaign or you can contact us directly for larger orders. During the Pledge Manager phase you can add on more quantities with the same discount.
Depending on your order or requirements we will discuss a personalized offer and supply.
You can contact us directly either through direct message on Kickstarter or via email: email@example.com
The Deluxe Box and the Core Box share similar components. The only difference will be that the Core Box does not include the Mechanical Market and the box itself is smaller. The Miniatures and Card Trays that you see in the below videos are the same that you will receive should you buy their add ons.
Core Box (Unboxing):
Core Box (Gameplay):
The below playlist holds Rogue Regions (Competitive), Defender (Co-Op) and Hero of Lirennor (Solo).
- Polish (English subs):
Deluxe Box (Unboxing):
Playing with the Core Box prototype...
Having some fun at UKGE 2019...
Deluxe Box images shared by previous backers...
Dead Throne is the beginning of an epic adventure. We have been developing the game for many years and have only just begun exploring this deep story within the World of Veles.
Last year we funded the Deluxe Box with the amazing support of 822 backers. This was a difficult task with nearly £20,000 going just into the artwork required. We are ever grateful and love the feedback we received. But now we are ready to go one step further.
It Is Your Game Too: We listen to every comment, message, and feedback. As the campaign goes on things can change, suggestions can be made by anyone and we will listen. In the end we want to build a game for you, our backers who make it come true.
We Need Your Help: We built Dead Throne to be enjoyed by all players, no matter their experience. We wanted to build a game that is big and diverse and as open as possible. For this reason, the mechanics are simple but the possibilities are limited only by your strategy and imagination. We are a small business who wants to share our game all over the world with players from all backgrounds. In order to achieve this we need your help. We need to print a minimum of 1,000 units of most products. There is artwork and other elements to go into each component as well as freighting and shipping. With your help we can do this. We can, just like before, print and deliver every single game to players all around the world.
This campaign focuses on producing the Core Box and the Language Packs so that players all around the world can enjoy Dead Throne in their own language. On top of this we are producing the Scenario Pack and various other Add-Ons to build one awesome game. But more importantly than anything, we want to build a grand community so that players all around the world can share ideas, build scenarios, and come together for endless adventures.
This is only the beginning for The World of Veles and Dead Throne. There is so much to explore and many more games to come with two expansion packs for Dead Throne already in the works. Join us on this quest and discover for yourself the boundless journey to come.
The shipping is separated into five zones based on costs involved to ship them. These costs are only for the Core Box. The Deluxe Box and all the Add Ons include free shipping worldwide.
The customs column indicates if customs are required to be paid by you or not. If NO then you won't have to worry about customs because we will handle that for you.
When you select your country at checkout KS will include the relevant shipping cost for you and add it to your total.
Retailer pledges will pay shipping at a later date but we will times the number of copies ordered by the below shipping rates.
We will freight our games in bulk to North America, U.K., E.U., and Shanghai. From there on our fulfillment partners will dispatch each individual game to our backers' given addresses around the world. Given how shipping times will vary from location to location we must apologize that some backers will receive their reward later than others. However, we won't stop until each and every backer receives their just reward.
In the unlikely event that damage occurs or shipments are lost we will handle everything. Getting your reward into your hands is our priority :)
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WorldofVeles
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/WorldofVeles
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sharkeegames/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3Y5-_92cdVRx1Fes74Lrlw
- BGG Deluxe Edition: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/228724/dead-throne
- BGG Core Edition: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/286082/dead-throne-core-edition
- Website: http://www.deadthrone.co.uk
- Shayan Nejad - Product design, gameplay and story development.
- Keeyan Nejad - Web and gameplay development.
- Kaveh Nejad - Objectives, and gameplay development.
Artists: (in no particular order)
- Paul Mudie - Cards, box, tokens, rule book and health board illustrations
- Alex Pereira, Spectoys - 3D character models
- Augustinas Raginskis - Veles map and tiles
- Long Pack Games
- Kylin Manufactory
Dead Throne is just the beginning. The World of Veles is a large and exciting world to explore with a deep history that will inspire many more games to come. Dead Throne is already set to have at least two expansion packs:
- Caverns of Lirennor: This expansion pack explores the lost caverns below Lirennor that introduce a dungeon-crawling element to Dead Throne. You will be able to discover hidden paths and tunnels that lead you into dark and scary challenges. Adding more ways to win, many more cards and mini tiles that build the caverns, this addition will expand Dead Throne to all new heights.
- Dead Throne Craftsman: This expansion pack will add many more elements to Dead Throne. Working as a craftsman you will be able to build your own items, establish your own shops and warehouses, and collect more coin than ever before. By collecting resources and supplies, and your character will reach the heights of merchants within Lirennor.
The World of Veles can support many more games to come. Among those will be a kingdom-building, army-commanding, and world-dominating game based in the time of the first kingdoms.
We have only just started with The World of Veles. Besides games we will also be releasing graphic novels and printed books that help discover this deep and exciting world. We are so happy to invite you along on this adventure and we look forward to an amazing campaign.
SharkeeGames Ltd. reserves all rights to Dead Throne the board game, including all art, illustrations, rules, and designs. Dead Throne and The World of Veles are both trademarked by SharkeeGames Ltd.
Risks and challenges
This is our second print of Dead Throne and we will be using the same manufacturer as last time that worked perfectly and produced high quality components. The game itself has been played and loved many times since the last campaign and any extra components have been tested by us.
That being said, every campaign contains risks.
We are introducing new components and expect to have a significant increase in purchases as well as working with retailers around the world. The timeline is set prior to the campaign and any developments during the campaign might push that back.
During the campaign there might be final look and content changes to what you see and by backing this campaign you acknowledge this potentiality.
No matter what happens, we will keep you updated every step of the way and work our hardest to make sure it is a smooth and quick process. We will never, however, sacrifice quality for speed and will continue to make sure all the details are checked before shipping.
We hope you enjoy the adventure and we look forward to sending our game to you, our glorious backers :)Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)