SHIPPING NEXT WEEK - MONDAY APRIL 1ST!! GET YOURS NOW!!
- "As of today, iKit’s NuCharge offers the best combination of aggressive pricing, features, and performance when it comes to iPhone 5 battery cases"
- "NuCharge earns our strong general recommendation. This is a very good option overall."
- "it's one of the top options we've tested in raw power performance."
- "Some of the battery cases we’ve seen require adapters to use the headphone port, and completely block the Lightning port. Neither of those are issues here."
- "The performance was better than we expected: in a little over an hour and a half, NuCharge was able to bring a fully depleted iPhone 5 to 93%. It’s a pretty impressive result, and close enough to a complete recharge—you might be able to eke out a little extra life if your iPhone is partially charged when it begins the recharging process"
- Today's iPhone: "On first looks it’s very impressive, and this is the pre-release version."
- Phone Arena: "With our pre-production unit, we like that all of the iPhone 5’s ports and buttons are easily accessible – so there’s no problem trying to use larger sized jacks for the headphone port."
- iPhone Life: "Most battery packs I’ve reviewed are pretty hefty and add weight and girth to your slim device. While any battery will add a little weight to the waistline, the NuCharge is the slimmest I’ve seen so far, and the additional weight is all but negligible."
- iFans: "The battery itself, however, is great. In my initial testing I found that it did in fact provide an ample amount of juice, as advertised."
- G Style Magazine: "For not coming up with this idea ages ago. It’s so simple it’s genius"
- Gizmo Fusion: "provides you with good protection for your phone, and doubles your battery life all at the same time"
- Slash Gear: "The Lightning connector is made with some rather excellent and durable TPE material, being just long enough to fit down into the iPhone 5 without being obtrusive"
Hands on video review by Today's iPhone:
iKit NuCharge - Battery Pack & Stylish Case
Fed up of running out of power or big bulky battery cases!
Simply double the battery life of your iPhone 5 in Style.
Audio Jack - Instant Access
This unique accessory is slick and slim yet still fashionable with its interchangeable back smart covers coming in different colours and styles.
Featuring a detachable extended battery pack it is the ultimate accessory solution for iPhone 5 users allowing two functions in one.
Comparison to Mophie's New iPhone 5 Juice Pack
Keeping the iPhone 5 fully functional at all times ensuring that all ports are accessible, unlike previous and current battery cases that block the speakers, microphone and ports.
The iPhone 5 is longer in length than previous iPhone models so it is imperative there is no extra bulk, our case is slimmer and shorter than ANY iPhone 4 battery case, how cool is that!
With the kickstand integrated in the NuCharge battery pack, it frees your hand while enjoying your iPhone with video, movies and FaceTime in landscape mode whilst also allowing longer viewing time for those long flights on the plane or a commute on the train!
UPDATE: Reinforced Aluminium Kickstand. UNBREAKABLE!!
WE have listened to the initial comments and feedback from reviews. In FINAL production the kickstand will be made from Aluminium which will make it extremely strong.
The battery pack is reliable and extremely slim where you can store it in your bag when not in use. It is so slim that it can be easily stored in any of your pockets. Just slide it in to the back of your jeans and it will be hardly noticeable.
Apple Lightning Connector
We weren't quite satisfied initially with the connector design setup and wanted to make the necessary improvements to ensure it was easily accessible and much stronger, so we re-tooled this part of our design. We have used a strong TPE material to offer a durable cable without compromising the design.
NOTE: In production the cable will come in the same colour as the battery cover casing. (This may not apply to our "additional colour" rewards if our goal for this program is reached)
SEIKO Technology from JAPAN.
Featuring advanced energy saving battery that does NOT heat up!
We have designed and engineered a battery that saves energy. The battery uses an output of 1Amp which is now the new minimum allowed by Apple as of 2013. So we wanted to work out a way to charge the battery in an efficient way and yet in an effective manner. So we designed our unique Japanese IC Chip from SEIKO and PCB to allow a full charge without compromising the battery performance.
Safety was a key point for us, our unique technology means the battery will NEVER get hot or overheat.
Our tests used several capacities from 1500 to 2500 mAh. 1900 mAh is enough on a full charge with our engineering. There are several products today marketed at 2000 mAh that do not get the performance required, it's been tried and tested. Other similar products are not good enough because the engineering has not been executed properly and the battery cells used are of poor quality.
Just insert the ONE included USB Cable in to the NuCharge and it will charge the iPhone 5 and Battery Pack at the SAME TIME. You do NOT need additional cables.
We have followed Apple's guidelines to reduce glare from the iPhone 5 flash by using their minimum hole size requirements.
Engineering perfection at its best, here is a video of our moulds being prepared using state of the art CNC machines
A video of our Injection moulding to produce the NuCharge housings
A video of our packaging tooling embossing our logo into the plastic frame and the Injection Moulding
Sampling in the test lab
Retail & Distribution
We have had talks with several distribution companies who are interested in this product. Our plan is to approach the retailers in the second quarter of 2013 once we have the ability to fulfil our customer needs.
First impression counts!
I believe when you buy a product off the shelf it must stand out, every detail counts so the design and the quality of the packaging is of the utmost importance. Here is what i did after my research in the stores.
With your kind pledge you will be receiving an iPhone 5 NuCharge of your choice in the first week of April 2013 delivered directly to you from the first run on the production line by FEDEX Intl Priority.
In the Box:
- iPhone 5 NuCharge Battery Pack
- iPhone 5 Aluminium Cover
- iPhone 5 Snap-on Case
- USB Charging Cable
- Micro Fiber Screen Cleaning Cloth
IMPORTANT NOTE: After the campaign is over we will send out a product information sheet to every backer, this will need to be filled out so we are 100% certain of your pledging preferences, such as your final colour choices.
Aluminium & Leather Covers
Custom Aluminium Colours:
iPhone 5 NuCharge Pledging SKU's.
Kickstarter Limited Edition - Chrome NuCharge Battery Pack!
We are offering limited edition beautiful chrome finishing using electroplate manufacturing process. You can choose from either SILVER or GOLD.
Additional Rewards Program! - Extra Colours
We will add additional options if our campaign reaches 80,000 USD, we will keep you informed!
Choose from a variety of colours. Final colours will be influenced by all of you based on the community feedback we receive! Lets get SOCIAL!
We will then post images and videos of the colours and samples for everyone to check out! :)
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have already made a pledge you can still change your preference to a colour option because the price will be the same for these new additional colours!
1 - Battery Cover & Cable
Initial colour thoughts:
- Navy Blue/Yellow
2 - Brushed Leather Covers:
Initial colour thoughts:
- Charcoal Grey
- Navy Blue
- Lime Green
- Maybe some light Pastel colours! ;)
The iPhone 5 NuCharge will be supported with a 1 year warranty.
This product is Patent Pending in the US, Europe and other countries.
Copyright © 2013 iKit Inc. iKit & iKit.com are registered trademarks of iKit Inc., all rights reserved.
iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Risks and challenges
We have tried to minimise any issues whilst preparing for our first production run. A lot of time has gone in to this project and we are able to deliver on our promise. We have now completed the development process such as the tooling as you can see from our videos and we are ready to go into production immediately.
We are confident we can meet the schedule of April 2013 and we have given ourselves a buffer as a safety net. The supplier we are working with has partnered us previously and our relationship is very strong.
We have had fantastic support from our supplier to get the tools made and prepared which of course has been a great help to us and now we need your help to get this product produced and to market. We believe this project will be a huge success and we hope you do to and become part of this journey with us.
Any support from you will be greatly appreciated!
Thank you for your time!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)