My name is Shannon, owner of Shannon May Art and illustrator of 100% Mermade. I’m an independent artist & graphic designer and want to share my designs with the world! My dream long term is to have my own product lines including stationery and fashion, and this kickstarter is a step towards that!
To that end, I bring you the ‘Let’s ROLL!’ Enamel pin collection, inspired by one of my favourite hobbies - Tabletop Roleplaying! Dungeons and Dragons was and still is a big part of my life, as well as the myriad of other tabletop rpgs I’ve fallen in love with over the years (looking at you, FATE and SLA!) The collection features pins that I hope evoke emotions for anyone that has sat down at a roleplaying table: From the exclamation of 'My dice love me!' when they roll you a crit, to the moment where you find that the mild mannered NPC 'B. Holder' was going to be the evil mastermind of the campaign all along.
Join us on our quest to unlock this pin collection of legend!
These are all of the designs unlocked so far! All designs have the following specs:
- Gold plated
- Hard enamel fill
- Features 2 rubber back posts/clutches for maximum security and stability: Your pins won't spin, and if one clutch falls off as can happen with regular use, you won't lose your pin!
- Backstamped with 'Shannon May' to prove authenticity
Additionally, every pledge for 2 pins or over will receive a free mini-print. (design in progress!)
Pledge now, pay later!
You will only be charged when the kickstarter campaign reaches its end, and only IF it reaches the initial goal. You can increase/decrease your pledge at any time before the end of the campaign, which you may wish to do if pins become unlocked that weren't available earlier in the campaign.
Choose your favourite pins!
Order 5 pins, but decided you want 5 of 1 pin instead of different pins? Don't worry! At the end of the kickstarter, I will be sending out a survey to find out exactly which pins you would like.
FREE UK Shipping!
All pin choices now unlocked!
- The kickstarter will be live from 3rd September to 3rd October.
- Forms will be sent to all backers within a week of the kickstarter ending to find out how many of each pin you would like, and therefore will need manufacturing.
- Kickstarter hold on to funds for 2 weeks after the kickstarter ends: as soon as funds are released, I should be ready to go with the manufacturer and the creation of the pins will begin!
- The pins should be with me around 4-5 weeks after giving the manufacturer the go ahead, and will be shipped out to all backers within the weeks following - This means that, barring any manufacturing issues, your pins and other rewards should be with you mid-late November!
Follow for more art, pins and pretty things, or help us reach our goals by sharing on social media! Every share counts and is super appreciated :)
Risks and challenges
This is my first Kickstarter, but I am well acquainted with the process of working with manufacturers to create custom products, and worked for a custom printer myself for several years. Rest assured I'll be trying my best to get the quality of product you all deserve.
Manufacturing delays can happen, but I have chosen my manufacturer carefully already in order to minimise any issues. There are often pins considered 'seconds' and therefore not up to saleable quality, and if there are too many of these in the order, there may be delays while I have them remade, but backers will ALWAYS be informed of any hiccups (or any big wins and 'yeah awesome i'm on time's) along the way.
Overseas shipping will take longer than domestic shipping (I am located in the UK) and as such can take from 2-4 weeks to receive your order: Please double check your own shipping address, especially if you are an international backer, as unfortunately theres not much I can do once the pins are on their way to you!
Please note, in the process of readying the designs for manufacturing, some designs may change slightly - nothing drastic, just sometimes lines need to be thickened, or colours may be different from what you see on screen, as every pc displays things slightly differently! But a pin is not, for example, going to be suddenly blue if its currently red.
Hopefully everything goes smoothly, and you'll get your pins and other rewards on time, but if not, be assured I'll still be here every step of the way to keep you informed.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)