The Shakti Wisdom Oracle Deck
The Shakti Wisdom Oracle Deck is made up of 44 cards featuring vibrant illustrations by Lee Libro on topics designed to uplift, enlighten and empower women. The cards will be printed on high quality 350 gsm stock with a smooth semigloss finish and packaged in a sturdy, magnetic closure one-piece box along with a 24 page guidebook.
Each luminously illustrated card depicts an insight by the artist's daughter, a midwife in training. The 24 page booklet serves as a guide to each card's topic. Pull one a day as an affirmation or to set a course for introspection, or combine them with tarot cards for a full reading by a tarot card reader. Each topic will inspire you to embrace the challenges and celebrations of your life.
The accompanying guide booklet was collaboratively written by this mother/daughter duo with the result being counterbalanced interpretations based on their different experiences and wisdom from multi-generational viewpoints. The cards act as intuitive prompts much like dream interpretation. Let the booklet be your guide or intuit your own Shakti Wisdom to derive personal messages from the cards.
Who We Are
We are a mother-daughter team, the co-creators of the Shakti Wisdom Oracle Deck, a set of 44 vibrantly illustrated Oracle Cards designed to uplift, enlighten and empower women.
The Shakti Wisdom Oracle Deck began a little over a year ago as a spark of an idea proposed to me, the artist, by my oldest daughter, Ashley Shakti, a midwife in training. She wrote 44 topics that came from deep within her own experiences of finding her path to empowerment during a very trying year dealing with divorce, single motherhood, and balancing her ongoing education toward becoming a midwife while enduring financial hardship and a lifestyle that had her living in a yurt with her then four-year-old child in the Santa Cruz mountains of California. Along the way she found the inner strength to reground herself. She wished to pass this on to other women through her insights and my illustrations to affirm and empower women on their life journeys.
When she asked me to illustrate the topics she’d written for an Oracle Deck, at first I found the idea of creating 44 paintings in a year a bit daunting, but as I delved into the project, I felt myself empowered too. Each insight has prompted us to collaboratively introspect, me with my visual interpretation and she with words. Together our interpretations counterbalanced with the end result being the cross-generational divine feminine wisdom infused into the cards' meanings. To us this is a very personal project, not only because it dips from and strengthens our creative wells, but many of the insights were gleaned from our personal experiences: mine as a once-young-widow, (Ashley and two of her siblings lost their father to a sudden heart attack when they were only ages 6, 3 and 1) a second marriage, step-motherhood, mother of five, and grandmother of five; and Ashley with this shared grief as she grew up, then her striving to help other women as a midwife, and as mentioned above, her many obstacles along the way.
How does the Kick-Starter Campaign help us achieve our goals?
As we near the final completion of the project, we hope to be able to place a large enough volume order with the printer to achieve the lowest retail price possible. This kick-starter campaign is computed on the assumption that we will receive enough pledge money to cover an order of 100 decks at the very least.
UPDATE: We are on course for 288 decks with upgraded card stock and an upgraded box design (one piece with magnetic lid closure). We’re also striving for that stretch goal to reach just $500 more in funding in order to gild the card edges in silver foil.
We’ve created several different pledge levels with rewards (as illustrated below and outlined in the side-bar to your right) that we hope inspire you while at the same time improve our chances of succeeding. The way this kick-starter campaign works is that if we don't achieve our end goal within the 60 days of the campaign, none of the pledges ever fund. If we do, then at the end of the campaign your pledge/order becomes an actuality and will fund, and the items in your reward will ship to you.
Support our project by placing a pledge in any of the categories shown in the sidebar at the right of our campaign page (or if you are on a smartphone, click on "Rewards" in the menu.)
(NOTE: If you do not see your country in the shipping selection, please contact us and we will add it,)
Following is an outline of each reward level.
1. Donation only - $1 or more - Of course, if you don't want a deck or any of the swag we've put together, you can simply donate to the project. This would be the pledge category for you. We are grateful for every show of support!
2.Donation Plus - $15 or more -This category would be for anyone who may want to donate and receive an item in return, but not necessarily the deck or any of the fun swag we have culled together for the other categories. Here you’ll receive a set of 3 vinyl die-cut art stickers created from the artists illustrations for "Dreams" "Death & Hope" and "Full Moon". Shipping is free!
3. The Shakti Wisdom Oracle Deck Pre-Order- $40 or more -Be one of the first to receive the deck with this pledge level.
4. Two Decks! Get one, Give one! - For you and a friend! - To help us move toward our goal, we have added this reward level: 2 decks for $70. Buy one to keep, and one to gift! The decks will ship in time for the holidays (September 2019) so this might be a great way to start early on your gift shopping.
5. Deluxe Pre-Order Package - $75 or more - Choose this pledge level and receive the deck, the set of 3 Art Stickers (pictured above in the level 2 description) plus your choice of one Limited Edition giclee print produced from the Oracle Card Deck illustrations. These are vibrant high-quality prints on Somerset Velvet acid free cotton rag paper. These prints measure 10"x 15" and are a 505 g/m basis weight for museum quality.
You will be able to specify your choice of print at the end of the campaign.
6. Dream Maker Pre-Order Package - $100 or more - Make your pledge in this category and receive everything in the Deluxe Pre-Order Package outlined above plus your choice of journal. This hardcover 5" x 7" journal is durable and lightweight. The cover is structured and bend-resistant and contains 128 blank pages of quality, 90gsm paper stock ready for your journaling and art.
7. Art Lovers Pre-Order Package - $150 or more - Pledges in this category receive everything in the Dream Makers Pre-Order Package outlined above but in this case they will receive all three of the Limited Edition Giclee Prints and each will be hand-signed by the artist.
8.The Divine Feminine Pre-Order Package - $175 or more - Pledges in this category will receive the deck, choice of journal, the set of three Art Stickers, all three Limited Edition Giclee Prints plus a beautiful rose quartz mala bead necklace.
9.The Pinnacle Pre-Order Package - $325 or more - This reward category is available to only 1 person located in the US or Canada. Select this pledge category and receive the Shakti Wisdom Oracle deck, a hand-crafted Altar box created by J Drew Silvers (pictured below), an assortment of crystals gemstones (valued at $100), smudging supplies (Rose Cedar Magick Smoke Wands from BitterWitch Apothecary, copal resin, briquettes, and a package of Palo Santo) the set of Art Stickers, all three Giclee prints and free shipping.
10. The Original Art Collector's Pre-Order Package - $500 or more - With this Pledge category, in addition to receiving a Shakti Wisdom Oracle Deck, supporters receive their choice from 15 of the original artwork pieces used to create the 44 illustrations included in the deck. All are watercolor on 300 lb Arches Cold Press paper and will be provided custom framed in a white matte and white frame with outside dimensions measuring 16" x 20".
Please note: - All original art will ship after the artist's solo exhibit in October. Expected ship date: November 8, 2019
At the end of this kickstarter campaign (June 23, 2019) you will be contacted so you can specify your choice from the art shown below. (Available on a first-come, first-serve basis)
Risks and challenges
There is a risk that we will not meet our final goal in which case the initial outlay of funding will not be available to place the initial order for the decks. Never fear, if we do not meet our goal, kickstarter does not collect your money. Nevertheless, we are confident we will meet our goal and that you indeed will be able to have your pledge/orders fulfilled.
In addition, fulfilling the orders while still meeting our financial goals is a challenge in terms of shipping costs, so in some of the pledge levels we regretfully must charge for shipping. This holds true particularly for shipping outside of the US and Canada. However, we believe we have formulated a fair financial pledge structure to be able to ship to the EU, Australia and Africa as well.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)