We DID it! We're successfully backed! There's still time, so...
If we can raise more money in the time left, here is what we promise:
- at $11,000 - we'll give you another map of the city, broken up into regions, showing the control of the mafia families and who's who!
- at $12,000 - we'll give all backers at all levels a MINI-ADVENTURE, a side-story with several encounters we've been working on which will whet your appetite's for more of Tarina's seedy side!
- at $13,000 - we'll give everyone at all levels a unique new monster, native to the ancient steamy jungles of Tar Sequinus!
- at $15,000 - we'll significantly expand the size of the Tarina Cityguide for all backers at the $25 and above, 15 extra pages of NPCs, locations, Traits, Equipment, and Feats.
Imagine a fantasy gaming world as rigorously realistic as ours, replete with dark, gritty, manipulative personalities and cultures. Now add to that an enormous ancient world and "magic" that is more based on a hard sci-fi mashup than fantasy hand-waving.
Players interface with ancient technologies, navigate byzantine layers of intrigue and may just survive long enough to achieve the power of the Old Gods themselves.
It all starts with TWO books, a map folio, a world map and with as little as $10 you will be:
Welcome to the
What if magic were real? What would it look like?
What would it take to believe that gods could walk the earth? What sort of beings could they be?
What if a fantasy world were created to fit within the bounds set by physics and the social sciences? A fantasy world made to be believed?
Welcome to the Shadowlands — a new Campaign Setting for the Pathfinder roleplaying game and compatible with the d20 game system! Over 15 years in the making by some of the hottest talent, both new and veteran, in the RPG industry.
Ben Wootten's "Brotherhood Chapterhouse"
Our initial launch includes 2 product releases:
The Gates of Tarina – An introductory module designed for a party of 1st level adventurers. It’s an urban mystery that will run your group of greenhorns through a gauntlet of Tarina’s vying powers, each at odds and each hoping to get their hands on some missing items….
Tarina Guidebook – A Player’s Guide to the Region surrounding Tarina. This book has everything a player needs to create a character from scratch to go adventuring in the area around Tarina! Also in this book:
· More than 5 new races and sub-races
· A new base class (the Brotherhood Adept)
· Three new Prestige Classes
· A new monster - a vicious "elven" zombie, the Automachinoi (as shown in the video)!
· Unique rules for Magic and Arcane spellcasters, including rules for magical surges, new spell lists, and more.
· Rules for psionics (called mentalism) & playing psionic characters.
· A rich history, filled with politics, culture & intrigue - a Roman style civilization against the backdrop of a dangerous dinosaur filled jungle!· A rich city of a 150,000, beautifully mapped out, with 4 pages of history & culture, 4 pages of powerful NPCs, 4 pages of new options for Divine spellcasters, & much more.
But don't think we can list everything the world offers right here and right now: that depends on what YOU help to create! This launch is your chance to be a part of the building of a world!
Michael Arrington's satellite map of Tarina
Future plans for the development of the website and the Shadowlands Setting include:
- Game adventure modules
- Online store
- Serialized fiction
- Wikipedia style encyclopedia of all things Shadowlands (the Sæmyyr Incunabulum)
- Bonus materials, both for Gamemasters and for Players
- Online space for game hosting & organization
- Ability for preferred members to contribute to world-building!
- Much more!
Ben Wootten's cover "Approach to Tarina" & the gorgeous layout of John Cason.
The world is vast and there are many future stories to be told and games to be played!
Join us and donate today!
Jon Roberts' incredible map of Sæmyyr (final version has cities & names).
For more on the creation of the Shadowlands and the building of the world Sæmyyr, you can start here: Metagame Theory Podcast #207.
To read a little about the complexity of realistically mapping a world as large as Neptune, read more here from Fantastic Maps.
Finally, for an example of actual play in the Shadowlands Campaign Setting, listen here at Troll in the Corner!
Dedicated to the Memory of my father, Clarence E. Merwin.
Film: Ryan Lauderdale
Editing: Jules Beasley
Voice-over: Chris Merwin
Acting: Chris Merwin, Skid Maher, Jarl Thunberg
Graphic Design & Layout: John Cason
Artwork: Ben Wootten, Jon Roberts, Michael Arrington, Ambrose H. Hoilman
Script: Ben Cacchione & Chris Merwin (& Thomas Hobbes)
Support this project
- (48 days)