CHARGE Bike Luggage
CHARGE Bike Luggage
Mobile charging On-the-Go, for the cycling community
Mobile charging On-the-Go, for the cycling community Read more
About this project
We here at Top Secret EV are proud to introduce a revolutionary new product “Charge Bike Luggage". We are developing the first bike pannier with a large "high capacity" drop-in battery pack. We also plan to offer a regenerative (re-gen) mobile charging system to offset your carbon footprint. This charge system is capable of powering a wide range of mobile devices. IE, tablets, cell phones, camcorders, digital cameras, e-readers, handheld gaming systems, bluetooths, usb bike-lights etc… We hope to bring to market a mobile charging solution specifically designed for the lifestyle cycling revolution.
We plan to sell a 3 part modular system:
1) Pannier bike luggage: MSRP $149.99
2) “Drop-in” charging battery pack: MSRP $49.99
3) Re-gen dynamo kit: MSRP $49.99
1) The Pannier Bike Luggage: Our pannier design delivers a synergy of classic design aesthetics, coupled with cutting edge technology. Our unique mounting system fits to most standard rear bike racks, regardless of wheel size. Taking our bike luggage one step further has brought us to incorporate a protective compartment that hides away bike rack mounting system. This makes it capable of transforming a traditional bike pannier into a unique and incognito shoulder carrier. We offer heavy duty “brass D rings” to quick release the robust shoulder strap, capable of moving heavy loads over your shoulder. Our materials are of the finest grade; rugged waxed canvas, solid brass hardware and tanned leather accents for durability and higher-end styling. All this capable of taking a beating that comes with regular outdoor use.
2) High Capacity Li-ion “Drop-in” Charging Battery Pack (ready Winter 2014): With our high capacity 3000mAh drop-in li-ion charging pack, you're able to leave all stock charger plugs behind. This leaves extra cargo capacity for hauling whatever keeps your hands full during the course of a day. Essentially, what we offer are mobile living solutions not available on any other pannier on the market. The high capacity lithium pack weighs less than a pound and will feature the following ports;
A) Full size USB output
B) Multi 3-in-1 USB charging cord (charge devices with Gen 1 Apple ® iPod ™/ iPad ™ charge port, Mini USB, and Micro USB
C) AC Mini USB port input (to charge from any standard 110v household outlet or the optional re-gen dynamo.)
3) Re-gen Dynamo Kit (future optional upgrade): Eliminate the chore of locating public wall outlets to charge your devices. You now have the capability of staying mobile, without interrupting your busy schedule. The chain re-gen kit takes the rotary motion from the chain and channels that energy into an onboard high capacity battery. This onboard high capacity battery is then used to charge your mobile devices.
Additional Specs and Features:
• Dimensions measure a generous 12"H x 16.5"W X 5"D
• Two quick access pockets, each measuring 5.5"H x 4.5"W
• Industry standard charging inputs/outputs, compatible with most current tech devices
• Strategically placed cooling vent eyelets
• Protective reinforced padded battery compartment
• Inner compartments specifically engineered to safely store both charging mechanism, as well as other misc. goods
• Easily fits and protects any 15” laptop in the provided padded laptop sleeve.
• Attaches and detaches to almost any bicycle rear rack with ease (regardless of wheel size.)
Charging System Q&A:
Q: How else can you charge the drop-in battery pack?
A: The battery pack also has an 110V AC adapter cord to charge from any standard wall outlet. The re-gen kit, being optional, gives the consumer the convenience of purchasing a superior pannier minus a hefty up-front costs.
Q: Why not Solar?
A: Well, solar is expensive, over-sized and generally delivers inconsistent current.
Manufacturing Plan and Timeline Explained:
Where Your Money Will Go: We’ve built solid relationships with our vendors, and they’ve been very generous. Their willingness to help out a small, underfunded start-up has made it possible for us to receive close-to finalized samples. However, we've now done all development possible and without assistance we’ll be forced to scrap the project. Now we must graciously ask for your assistance. The funds we hope to derive from you, our friends, will be used for developing further prototypes, tooling, molding fees and misc. production costs, all necessary, all expensive.
Our Guarantee to You: We will deliver to you an updated REV II pannier bag in a timely fashion. Also, please feel free to contact us with questions, feedback or anything else. We’re always here for you and more than happy to help.
Color Options in Development: Reward panniers will be produced in waxed navy blue canvas, with honey-tanned leather, nautical interior pinstripes, and brass hardware. We encourage you to regularly check in for updated prototypes and new happenings.
Top Secret EV is Jeremy Kiefer, Founder and General Manager, Steven Ghio, Creative Director and Rolando Yunquera, our Project Manager. Between Jeremy and Steven there exists over 30 years of product development experience, with very high success rates. Because of this, you can be sure our products will be made the right way, no shortcuts or sacrificing quality. Superior design and craftsmanship we pride ourselves on. Integrity and high standards, essential.
Risks and challenges
Some risks we hope to overcome if this campaign is successfully awarded are:
1) UL charging certification for our product
We have produced and sold UL listed devices before for many department stores. It is not impossible just challenging and time consuming.
2) Lithium battery shipping certification for US ground shippers
Additionally, we have UN certified electric bicycle batteries for sale and distribution in the US. This requires costly lab testing and is a time consuming process.
3) Leasing the Apple™ devices connector interface.
This is new for us, but residing in the Bay Area we are well connected to fellow tech people that can help steer us in the right direction.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)