Cross Bags takes the blood, sweat and tears that have been poured into a start-up custom purse company over the last 7 years and provides you with the chance to experience a leather, wool and waxed canvas bag made just for you. Our bags are designed with a timeless appeal, and are constructed with rugged materials that provide a balance of comfortable and functional, with a quality that will last for years.
A U.S. based workroom -
We believe that the U.S. has a future in high quality manufacturing. We have studied, innovated and improved work flows and processes, while focusing on making a one-of-a-kind product out of our Libertyville, IL workroom. Our expert operators work hard, with efficiency and on heavy duty industrial equipment that allows us to make and sell a designer-quality bag for significantly less that traditional designer companies.
A zero channel distribution model -
We have built out a direct sales channel network that allows us to market a high quality and custom bag for a truly amazing price. We will continue to pursue this strategy with an e-commerce presence to complement our sales team, launching in mid 2013. If you are looking for a well made bag for a great price, we think you will appreciate our direct approach. To learn more about how we are different, follow our link to our Design Consultant Job Description.
We love what we do! But so far, discovering a custom made LexiWynn purse or handbag has been pretty hard. You either know Seth and Alexa, live in the Libertyville area or know one of our handpicked LexiWynn Design Consultants. We would love to change that, especially with our new effort seen in Cross Bags!
A successful Kickstarter project can accomplish a few important things for us.
1. It helps us spread the word. When you believe in something you can't help but to tell everyone you know. We think our bags made exclusively for you by our expert operators are really cool.
2. It helps us launch a new label. We are lean in inventory, but still have had to invest a lot of energy, time and some money into this effort. A successful campaign is a great way to quickly recoup our investment.
3. We get to meet a lot of new people. Please say hi and tell us what you think. Ultimately, we hope we gain a lot of lifetime fans of our company. We are in this for the long haul. Nice to meet you.
We would love to sell a thousand or more Beer Jackets (koozies) and a few hundred messenger bags. Hitting our $20,000 goal is a great start. Do we have some reach goals? Sure! Help us reach $40,000+ in pledges and we will need to expand our workroom with a second shift of operators and new equipment purchases. More American jobs, more great Cross Bags... Everyone wins!
The Goods -
NEW, Full Leather Upgrade Option on the 06 Messenger
Sometimes it just needs to be a leather bag. We are excited to now offer all three 06 Messenger Bags in all leather. Just add $75 to your Messenger Level Pledge.
NEW, The Cross Bag Satchel (Backpack)
A versatile bag that can carry as little as your tablet or laptop and as much as everything you need for a overnight or weekend trip. It will quickly become your favorite bag you have ever known! Retail Price is $300 (available now on Kickstarter for $265.)
A Beer/Drink Jacket (otherwise known as a koozie)
What? I thought you were a bag company? Yes, but this is a pretty cool demonstration of how great leather and wool are to use in product design. Simply, it will keep your beer cold and your hands warm. It also gives an important tool (the opener) a "home" so you always have it ready to crack open your next bottle. You drink your craft beer in a can? No worries! Our jackets adjust to fit both bottles (slimmer) and cans (thicker.)
Drink Koozies (NO S-biner Bottle Opener)
Unlined Waxed Canvas Tote. Simple and functional.
The 06 Messenger
A timeless design in rugged materials that will last for years. If you need your bag to work hard and look good, this is your tool. All three sizes of bags come with some hardworking features:
1. iPad sized pocket on the interior panel, lined in wool
2. Fire Jacket Hook on side panel, a great place to hook your keys
3. Vertical Zip pocket on middle panel
4. Wool lined strap. Quick adjust and Quick Release buckle and Nickel metal hardware
Tommy Engrstrom - Check out his great food blog: SMAK EATS
And to you, for supporting our efforts and huge "thank you!" Come visit the LexiWynn workroom if you are ever in the Libertyville, IL area (I love giving our workroom tour!) and thanks in advance for spreading the word!
Seth and Alexa
Risks and challenges
A few different concerns wake me up at 2 a.m.:
1. Fulfillment: We have learned a lot over the last 6 years! Most importantly, how to fulfill custom orders. Our first shift operators are excited for this campaign and are ready to get your order carefully made and shipped by our target May date. They love what they do and we have a current capacity of about 80 bags (or about a thousand beer cozies) per week. If demand should exceed this rate, we will need to hire our second shift. We have a great two and half year relationship with a local Job Services company, who will love finding our next 8 operators!
Yes, at a 1000% to goal, we would be under a lot of pressure to be able to fulfill our deliver-by April 2013 commitment. As this is our "problem" (a great problem to have!) we will be ready to respond by:
1. Immediately hiring and training new operators
2. Having the additional Material Inventory in place
2. Our Product Mix. We think our 06 Messenger Bag and Cozy are a great indicator of our capabilities. We have more styles coming... Did we pick the right products to launch our Kickstarter Project with?
3. Our ability to energize our current network to support this project is a great start. Ultimately, we need to connect with people who don't know Seth, Alexa or LexiWynn for this to truly drive "2nd shift level" of growth.
A custom branded set of Beer Koozies. We will brand your organization's logo on your choice of 10 Leather/Wool Beer Koozies. Future (post-Kickstarter) koozie orders will be branded with your logo for no additional charge. You pick Leather and Wool.