This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Wed, November 7 2018 12:12 PM UTC +00:00.
Music has been my passion since I began playing the violin at the age of 5. After graduating from Furman University in 2012 with a Bachelor's in Music, I began pursuing my career in music as a contemporary violinist, specializing in pop and hip-hop music. In that time frame, I've released a mixtape, a holiday album, and one full length, original studio album, along with countless YouTube videos and free content.
With my next album however I need your help in making it my biggest and best release yet. Creating an album is always a daunting task and that challenge seems even greater the second time around, as there are now expectations to meet and surpass. I hope to make "Heartstrings" a project like no other, blending pop, hip-hop, electronic and R&B music with the classic sound of violin. For the first time on a project of mine, I will also be incorporating vocal parts, written by me. I hope to make this album a reflection of my own artistic sensibilities and of the ups and downs of my own personal life, expressing my experiences in a way only music can.
Although I have a plan for this album musically and aesthetically, I need financial help to make it a reality and bring this album to life in the way I imagine. I have always been the type to do things on my own and find my own way which is why I've been hesitant to do a Kickstarter in the past but I've realized that you can't do everything on your own and sometimes you have to be willing to ask for help in order to make your dreams a reality. That is why I've decided to do a Kickstarter.
Before I get into details about how the funding will be used and how I plan to execute, I want to ensure you, the patron, that every dollar donated will go towards this project and this project only. I know $10,000 may seem like a lot of money but every step in making this album has a cost and to get things done the right way, that is how much I will need. The funding raised will be used as follows:
1. Production: I will be purchasing and customizing beats from four producers I've chosen to work with, Will Rayan of The Electric Jazz Project, Calculations Of, Mantra Beats and Azazel Beats. These are all producers I have worked with in the past and have good relationships with so I know they will do a great job.
2. Mixing: I will handle most of the audio mixing of this project myself but naturally I would like to have more than one set of ears on the mixes. I will rely on the producers of the project to help me with this part of the process but being that mixing is a time consuming process, I will need to compensate them for their time.
3. Mastering: I've enlisted the expertise of Grammy Award Winning engineer Vlado Meller to master this project and get each track to commercial standards. Mr. Meller has worked with the likes of Celine Dion, Frank Ocean, Barbara Streisand, Kanye West and many other A-list artists. His knowledge and professionalism is second to none and to be able to work with him is an honor. A big portion of the funding will go towards this step.
4. Licensing: I will need to license and clear any cover songs and/or samples used in the album in order to be in accordance with copyright laws while still being able to sell my project.
5. Artwork and Design: I will be taking professional photos with Tony Morgan/TOMO Pictures for the album artwork. He will also do the graphic design work for the album covers and inserts to give the album the look and feel I envision.
6. Printing and distribution: Funding will be used to cover the initial order of 1,000 hard copies of the project and the cost of having it distributed on all major digital platforms as well (iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, etc). My Kickstarter patrons will be the first to receive their copies, digitally or physically.
7. Promotion: I would like to run Facebook, Instagram and YouTube advertisements to promote the album release and boost sales once the album is released. I would also like to promote on local radio stations and some online stations through ads.
8. Music Videos: I have a large YouTube fanbase and video has proven to be the best way for me to reach my existing fans and gain new ones. That being said I would like to do at least one music video (more if possible) for the song/s from the album and use those videos to promote and gain exposure for the entire project. Another major portion of the funding will go towards this step.
Now that I've laid out in detail how the funding will be used if this campaign is successful, here are some brief notes on how to donate to my project and what you'll receive in return for doing so! To make a pledge towards my sophomore album, Heartstrings, hit the green "Back This Project" button above. You will be asked to enter your pledge amount, notified of the reward you will receive, and prompted to complete your purchase with Amazon. I have laid out some very cool rewards based on your donation level including signed copies of my albums, merchandise, online calls, live performances, video dedications and even dinner on me! If my project is successfully funded, you will be charged when the funding deadline arrives. Also understand that if my goal is not reached, I will not receive any of the funding so every donation, big or small, is very important and very much appreciated.
If you have any other questions, comments, suggestions or concerns, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit my website or various social media pages to learn more about me or connect with me further. Those links are below. Also, spread the word if you can! Thank you for your support and let's make this happen together!
Risks and challenges
The most obvious challenge of this project is getting the necessary funding. I do not believe I will be able to complete this project without it and if I am able to complete it on my own, it would most likely be delayed extensively. I believe I have a solid plan of action and have chosen good people to work with so executing the funded project in a timely manner should not be a problem. I will work harder than ever to get a quality, polished product to my patrons and fans if funded and have already begun taking steps to ensure the music side of things is taken care of.
One aspect that is new and will be a challenge is incorporating vocals into this project. I have a few people in mind that I'd like to work with but if anything were to delay the project it would be that. I want to make sure any vocal elements added to the music I'll be releasing are top notch. I also think promoting the album properly will be a challenge and will take a decent portion of the funding as I wish to reach people who have not heard of me or my music before. Although I have a decent following on my social media platforms, I know it will take creativity and different approaches to engage people with this project. But as stated earlier, I am more than willing to put in the work and have trust in the people I have around me as well.
As far as the rewards, the only reward that may take more time to get into the hands of patrons are the Seth G Hats. These will be made to order and although I've worked with the company producing them before, making the hats does take some time depending on how big or small the order ends up being. The other merchandise, besides the new album obviously, I have in stock and will be able to deliver as soon as the funding deadline arrives. Any online calls will be scheduled immediately but live performances may present another challenge in scheduling as I will need to coordinate with patrons and find times that work for both of us.
However, I plan to stay on top of every aspect of this campaign and of the album creation process and to be communicative and transparent with my patrons so that everything is handled the right way. I also plan to have my good friend and producer Calculations Of help me with communicating with patrons, delivering rewards, social media posting, etc so I am not trying to accomplish everything on my own. Music is my career, this album is my top priority and I do not plan to disappoint.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter