Van Boom: A documentary that investigates the van life trend (Canceled)
Is van life really the new American dream? How is it different from living in a home? Does it lead to happiness? I aim to find out.
In case you haven’t been paying attention, there’s been a van explosion over the last couple of years. Big boxy, European vans are showing up everywhere. What’s with this van boom and is it all worth it? As a 33-year old dude living in an age of socio-economic uncertainty, I have questions.
I want to know:
• Is living in a van full-time realistic?
• How is it different from living in a home? Or an RV? Or a trailer? Or a tent?
• Is it actually cheaper than living in a house?
• What is the average monthly expenditure of this type of lifestyle?
• Do van lifers get sick of it?
• Do they ever crave stability?
• Does the constant traveling wear on you?
• How does van life differ for surfers, climbers, authors, executives, single people, married couples, or folks with families?
• Does it get lonely on the road?
• Are there any dangers?
• Are people nice to you?
• Do they respect your life choices or shun your existence?
• How does real life differ from what we see on social media?
• Do van lifers feel happy and fulfilled?
I’ve launched this Kickstarter campaign to raise funds for a documentary about van living called: “Van Boom.” The aim of the film will be to answer all the questions above and many more. While I don’t live in a van myself, I own one and already have some unique insight into the van community. I feel that I’m a good candidate to delve into this topic and do some investigative journalism.
HELP ME FUND THIS PROJECT
If I raise enough money to cover film production costs, I’ll go on tour and interview a bunch of people in the van world. I’ll ask them a full gamut of questions and get to the bottom of what van living is really like. Then, I’ll publish my documentary to YouTube for all to see.
Offering high-value backer rewards is how I plan to finance this project. Check out my list of rewards on the right side of this page. ------------------------------------------>
Everyone who supports this project will receive unique products such as, a secret adventure map of the USA, a Van Life Hacks eBook, a Road Shower, and much, much more!
Everybody who supports this project will receive credit in the film!!!!
Get To Know Me & My Van
My DIY setup for less than $1,200:
Why I love my Sprinter van (even more):
Helpful tips for driving on ice and snow:
Van accessories tour (not just for Sprinter vans):
Thanks for looking!
If you feel so inclined, please help me spread the word by sharing this project.
Risks and challenges
As with any creative endeavor, risks and challenges will arise and will inevitably need to be addressed and circumnavigated. Seeing as this is my sixth Kickstarter project, I am confident that I will be able to navigate through any and all of the challenges and produce a high quality product.
I TAKE MY FILMMAKING CAREER VERY SERIOUSLY AND WILL BATTLE TO MAKE SURE THAT ALL MY PROMISES ARE KEPT AND ALL MY BACKERS ARE HAPPY!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)