- Explore the vast world of Solemn. Enchanted Forests, Bustling Fishing Towns, & Dark Mining Caves are some of the few places to visit.
- Meet Townsfolk and convince them to stay in your town. Perhaps meeting people will unlock your memories of the past…
- Collect rare items and materials found across the world and bring them back to your town for selling and crafting!
- Harvest materials by chopping wood, mining ores, catching bugs, and fishing in rivers and ponds!
- Unlock new structures to build by meeting new Townsfolk. Want a Tavern or a Lumber Mill? How about a Fishing Hut or a Magical Library? Your town's design is all up to you!
- Fulfill your Townsfolk's requests. Some may want to live on a higher elevation, others may want to be surrounded by trees and water. Fulfilling the requests of your Townsfolk will earn you their hearts and unlock new relationship paths.
- Gathering: Whether you’re picking fruit or picking weeds, your gathering skill will level up! The Gatherer’s Glove is needed to unlock this ability.
- Mining: Looking for shiny ores to collect? Interested in rare materials for crafting? Then mining is for you!
- Woodcutting: Those pesky trees and debris that keep popping up all over town needs to be chopped! Wood is an essential material for building new structures and furniture.
- Bug Catching: Craft a Bug Net and catch all sorts of critters. Be sure to go bug hunting during each season and at different times of the day!
- Fishing: There's nothing quite like relaxing by a pond with a fishing rod in hand. You can sell fish for a decent price at the Shopping District, or use them as ingredients for new cooking dishes.
- Farming: Plant some seeds in tilled soil and wait a few days. Veggies are an essential ingredient to many cooking recipes! Also, they make your town look pretty.
- Cooking: Once you've built the Tavern and have become good friends with Bubsy, you'll be able to start cooking delicious meals for your Townsfolk! Maybe you can attract rare Townsfolk by serving unique dishes...
- Crafting: There are tons of structures, decorative monuments, and furniture to craft. Often times your Townsfolk will request specific objects that they would like to be placed in their home. Make sure you gather enough building materials!
- Merchanting: Selling items at the Shopping District will net you large sums of Dewdrops, which is the main currency in Solemn. As you become a better Merchant, rarer items will appear for you to buy!
- Tarott Master: Once the Dark Wizard was defeated, all of his monsters were sealed away into Tarott Cards. Many Townsfolk collect and battle with these cards, and there is even a big competition held each year in Dirboros. Get collecting!
- Willow: A cheery young girl who wants to rebuild Littlewood. She found you in the middle of the forest and took care of you for 3 days while you were unconscious. She likes working with tools and is quite proficient at building things.
- Dalton: A ditsy boy who loves going on adventures with you. Despite his forgetfulness and silly demeanor, he actually can tell some very clever jokes. He enjoys fishing, catching bugs, and shopping for cool hats.
- Lilith: A Wizard who graduated at the top of her class at Alexandria's Magical Academy. When she's not reading a book she's mixing random things together to make potions that may or may not explode. Also, she is your biggest fan.
- And many more!
- Animal Crossing: Anyone who has played Animal Crossing will tell you how relaxing and fun it is. I wanted to capture the satisfaction of customizing your home, hanging out with quirky townsfolk, and taking it easy by doing whatever you want day-to-day.
- Dark Cloud: This is one of my favorite PS2 RPGs . The town building mechanics were top notch which have certainly influenced Littlewood's Townsfolk request system. Your Townsfolk will often request that their houses have specific furniture, to be placed on a certain elevation, or to be near or far away from certain structures in your town. It ends up feeling like a unique puzzle mechanic, encouraging players to build their town in a way that satisfies everyone!
- Runescape (2007): Who knew that grinding up skills could be so fun? I'm approaching the 10 hobbies in Littlewood similarly to how Runescape approaches skills. I love the idea of achieving level 99 in all of your hobbies, with each milestone granting you access to prestigious hats, trophies for your home, or even access to hidden areas. There are specific Townsfolk who are masters in their craft and can help you on your journey to becoming an expert in whatever you'd like!
Let's crush those Stretch Goals!!!
Updated Demo Builds - Here are the latest demo builds for Windows, Mac, & Linux. If you experience any issues please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org :)
Who am I? I'm Sean Young, a game developer based in Orlando, Florida. Ever since I was a kid I wanted to make games for a living. Being an Indie game developer for the past 6 years has taught me a lot about game design, programming, art, and what I can achieve as long as I keep pushing myself. Each project comes with its own set of challenges and hardships, but with each one I learn important lessons about how to better hone my craft.
I've been working on Littlewood for over a year and half now. This is my first large scale single player RPG and it's actually terrifying to finally share this with you! I brought Littlewood to Kickstarter to help cover game engine and music costs, while also allowing the community to have a say in the game's development. I do all of the art, design, and programming, so luckily there isn't a whole team of people to pay! There has been so much love and tears poured into this project and I really hope it can touch your life in a positive way.
Thanks for your time and I hope you consider supporting my game.
If you'd like more info on Littlewood's development process, feel free to follow my social media:
Risques et défis
Whether it is a delayed launch date or a major change in a game's feature, I will always be transparent about what comes next. Littlewood has been 100% me until this point, and bringing you early supporters into the game's development will make it something truly special. As a supporter you can expect weekly updates and exclusive info leading all the way up to launch.En savoir plus sur la notion de responsabilité sur Kickstarter
Période de financement
- (30 jours)