by Sean Young
For the OSX users, I found the solution. One file inside the package isn't executable and should be. Open Terminal and do:
cd /Applications/Littlewood\ Demo\ Mac.app/Contents/MacOS/
chmod +x Littlewood\ Demo\ Mac
Now just start the app as you normally would do.
I just wanted to thank you for making the Littlewood demo free to play and give you a bit of feedback! I had a blast trying it out. I backed you on Kickstarter and can’t wait for the full game 😊 I play on a Mac and everything ran well and I didn’t notice any performance issues.
1. I watched someone play on YouTube and when they talked to a villager, they were able to select between talk, hangout (not on demo), or compliment. I’m not sure if i’m just not hitting the right button, but I’m playing on Mac and it is automatically talking to everyone without a choice.
2. The screen to choose your role is identical to the town naming screen and says to name the town instead of saying to name your position.
This game is seriously so fun! Thank you so much!
First of all: Love the concept, love the art style, love the music!
Noticed a few bugs while I was playing the demo, not sure where to post them, so I'll just post them here...
1. When walking vertically, just at the end of the animation (so, just before the character is on the next tile), the animation switches to the horizontal walking animation
2. When going to Journal > Townsfolk Met: You can't move directly to the top right. If you press the Right Arrow/D button you move until the second to last position and then can't move any further. You *can* reach the slot when you navigate to the row below and then go up.
3. When going to Journal > My Hobbies: When moving the Up Arrow/W while on cooking, the cursor doesn't actually move. It *does* do this when on Fishing, or when you press the Down Arrow/S while on Mining or Tarott Master
4. When working in the Lumber Mill, when performing the action, at the end of the action you switch to the horizontal walking animation for a small amount of time
These are obviously minor bugs, but just wanted to make sure you were aware of them. Again, I love the game, glad I backed it!
If any of my bug-descriptions are unclear, please feel free to ask. I tried to formulate them as clear as possible, but obviously still from a point of view that knows the bug already...
$35,000 hit...wonder what's behind that silhouette :)
That's worked, thanks 👍
Updated Mac Build! Let me know if this still doesn't work for you. https://drive.google.com/open…
Ok I will upload a fix today. I probably just have to install Unity on my mac and build it from there. I'll keep you guys updated and thanks for your patience!
Yeah, the demo won't open on macOS Mojave 10.4.3.
The option to `allow anyway` is not available for the app so it won't open, unfortunately.
I can't get the Mac app to work :(
I have tried your solution, but my system is in Dutch and I can't find "Allow apps downloaded from" click "Open Anyway"
Any suggestions on what to do now?
Yes, you can date/marry any of your Townsfolk!! :)
Just backed the game! So excited to try out the demo. Important question though- is there not a Dating Sim element....? I’d like to marry one of the villagers like in Stardew Valley! :D
Why did you decide to make downloding the App so very painful by compressing it in a RAR file? I don't feel like getting another app just to decompress yours.
Linux and Mac Users would much prefer tar or zip - as would Windows users I guess (zip). Who still uses rar and why don't people use readily available standards? Please fix.
Hey! Adored the Demo <3 Here are some things/feedback after playing it.
1) advancing time would make a lot more sense/feel better if there was some sort of in game tracker
2) Interacting with Willow at night let me start the conversation about 'what should your title be', but as soon as I selected a title, the day advanced. I was able to finish out the dialogue, but willow was no longer in her house.
3) Adding stairs so we can access areas would be nice! Or make it more intuitive, since I could not figure out how to get it to work.
4) Night time seems to drop frames significantly, enough that the game lagged a little bit. Very surprising and odd. Might have been the number of actors on screen (There were a *lot* of bugs).
5) The 5 days of the demo isn't nearly enough time to explore all that is shown off in the demo. I ran out of time. Not sure if this is intentional, so folks replay it again and again to experience new things, or just wasn't considered.
Overall, absolutely amazing. Cannot WAIT to play more!
Hey Mac users,
Try this method! Apparently Apple is blocking you from running apps that aren't from the app store.
Got to System Preferences > Security & Privacy then click the Lock on the bottom left, successfully login, then under "Allow apps downloaded from" click "Open Anyway".
You should be able to run the app afterwards!
Let me know if this works.
Please add white hair option and beards!! :)
I really like the demo, and I have played both demos and have a few bugs/suggestions on the latest demo.
1) Dirt only has stairs from south to north. I really would like to be able to traverse from North to south, and between East/West.
2) The town has two Dalton's. I do not know how I triggered this bug, but over the course of playing the game, and saving/loading I found that a second Dalton appeared.
3) I am not able to fix the path from the south of the village. I really would like to fill in the holes of the dirt path leading into the village.
4) The logs that are 2 tiles long become indestructible after being moved. I moved the logs before getting the axe.
5) There is issues with save files from the First demo and the updated demo where the days information does not show up correctly.
6) Small videos showing how certain things work would be nice. I saw some issues due to how fishing is not explained well.
7) I think being able to raise/lower a larger portion of the map at one time would be nice. It will save me a time when working on larger portions of town.
While playing the Demo I was really surprised white wasn't a option for the hair color. Could we get that added in on the 2x customization options?
Demo worked great on Arch linux, looking forward to playing the whole thing.
Any certain way to open the Mac Demo? As mine just says it cannot be opened?
Updated demo?!? Whelp, that's a good hour of my evening sorted. ;)
Thanks Sean, and welcome back! :)
I hope we can do a lot more beta testing for you 😝
Going to try out the Mac version tomorrow.