15% and still going strong!
Great job so far, the support has been awesome and I hope you are all enjoying the Shipyard! This week we added a lot to it and the Update just went live! If you're on windows, run the updater, if your on mac, please head to the main site and download the newest version (0.17)
There are now over 140 modules in-game, you can assign weapon groups, and destroy asteroids! We have a lot more in the works, and cant wait to start working on next weeks content!
Check our this weeks Dev Vlog here
and here are the patch notes!
- Classification now changes based on ship total mass
- The scroll wheel only affects throttle if the mouse is NOT over a GUI element
- Travel mode has been removed, you can now use ‘T’ to turn off your maneuvering thrusters and enter a no-drag, Newtonian flight mode. Make sure you start to decelerate before your destination, or you may not like the arrival!
- Renamed modules and reorganized the database that holds the modules - this may break all previously built ships.
- Normalized all mass ranges based on size tier - this will change once we begin balancing.
Size 1 - 20m, Size 2 - 100m, Size 3 - 200m, Size 4 - 400m, Size 5 - 800m/per module
- Normalized all subsystem slots based on size tier - this will change once we begin balancing.
Size 1 - 2x2, Size 2 - 3x3, Size 3 - 4x4, Size 4 - 5x5, Size 5 - 6x6 /per module
- Weapons Manager - default key “G”
- Turrets can now be fired at targets that have been ‘locked’ keys 1 - 0 mirror the weapons groups, pressing these key will issue an attack order shift+# will issue a cancel attack order to all weapons in that group (weapons may be assigned to multiple groups) Size 3 and higher weapons may not fire just yet, the conduit system needs to be overhauled, right now they are so big, they are not getting power.
- Module - Size 3 Bridge
- Module - Size 4 Bridge
- Module - Size 5 Bridge
- Modules - size 3 versions of all size 2 hulls, engines and weapons
- Modules - Size 1 versions of all size 2 hulls, engines and weapons
- Modules - Size 4 versions of all size 2 hulls, engines and weapons
- Modules - Size 5 versions of all size 2 hulls, engines and weapons
- SubSystems menu (does not function yet)
- SubSystem inventory per module (does not function yet)
- By popular demand Cockpit view! While in mouse flight zoom all the way in to enter cockpit view.
- Asteroids are now targetable / attackable! Watch out though, when they explode the chunks can cause other asteroids to explode as well! The particle effect and sound is placeholder for now.
- Base build block should no longer disappear if there are no other blocks in the shipyard
- GUI quality will no longer degrade with overall texture quality on lower settings.
Work In Progress
- Weapon Systems
- Ship Modules
- Sub Systems
- User Interface
seconds to go
Pledge $1 or moreYou selected
Thank you very much for contributing to the Kinetic Void Kickstarter!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $5 or moreYou selected
Kickstarter only desktop wallpaper collection, and a huge thanks for helping us reach our dream!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
Full copy of Kinetic Void at release through digital distribution.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $20 or moreYou selected
Previous reward, plus beta client and a "Backer" forum title.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $30 or moreYou selected
Previous rewards and name a minor element of Kinetic Void, possible elements to name are, ship modules, weapons, resource, etc. All names are subject to approval.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $40 or moreYou selected
Previous rewards and a downloadable copy of the Kinetic Void soundtrack.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $50 or moreYou selected
Previous rewards, alpha client access, digital download of the Kinetic Void Soundtrack composed by Artem Bank, as well as your name in the games credits.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $55 or moreYou selected
Previous rewards, plus a copy of our first expansion which will include multiplayer, we will begin development on this as right after the launch of Kinetic Void.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $90 or moreYou selected
Duo Void This is a combo pack and it comes with two of everything that is in the $55 pledge reward. Plan to play co-op and save! (Not included in higher tiers)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
Previous rewards, a physical, high-quality, limited print CD of the soundtrack signed by its composer, and your name as a hireable crewmember in Kinetic Void.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $150 or moreYou selected
Previous rewards, and a 3d printing of a Kinetic Void ship, the design will be voted on by the backers of this tier and higher. The model will be roughly 3 inches square. Information on the material can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/kvmaterial International backers please add $5 to shippingEstimated delivery:
Pledge $250 or moreYou selected
All previous rewards, and you get to work with the Kinetic Void developers to design an entire set of Ship Modules to go in the finished game. One set is: a cockpit, a hull section, an engine, a weapon, and an aesthetic piece.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $500 or moreYou selected
All previous rewards and you get to work with the Kinetic Void developers to create an entire faction in Kinetic Void. Things that are included: Name, political disposition, economy, military standing, ideology, equipment preferences, and ship colors. We will work closely with you on your contribution.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $750 or moreYou selected
All previous rewards, plus you will receive a copy of every product Badland Studio develops for life. Full releases, Expansions and DLC, as well as your name in the credits of these titles for making the dream of our studio a reality, and, for good measure, a Founder forum title.Estimated delivery:
- (30 days)