Kinetic Void is a Science Fiction Space Sandbox for PC and MAC, which focuses on procedural content, and detailed customization. Read more
This project was successfully funded on May 30, 2012.
15% and still going strong!
Great job so far, the support has been awesome and I hope you are all enjoying the Shipyard! This week we added a lot to it and the Update just went live! If you're on windows, run the updater, if your on mac, please head to the main site and download the newest version (0.17)
There are now over 140 modules in-game, you can assign weapon groups, and destroy asteroids! We have a lot more in the works, and cant wait to start working on next weeks content!
Check our this weeks Dev Vlog here
and here are the patch notes!
- Classification now changes based on ship total mass
- The scroll wheel only affects throttle if the mouse is NOT over a GUI element
- Travel mode has been removed, you can now use ‘T’ to turn off your maneuvering thrusters and enter a no-drag, Newtonian flight mode. Make sure you start to decelerate before your destination, or you may not like the arrival!
- Renamed modules and reorganized the database that holds the modules - this may break all previously built ships.
- Normalized all mass ranges based on size tier - this will change once we begin balancing.
Size 1 - 20m, Size 2 - 100m, Size 3 - 200m, Size 4 - 400m, Size 5 - 800m/per module
- Normalized all subsystem slots based on size tier - this will change once we begin balancing.
Size 1 - 2x2, Size 2 - 3x3, Size 3 - 4x4, Size 4 - 5x5, Size 5 - 6x6 /per module
- Weapons Manager - default key “G”
- Turrets can now be fired at targets that have been ‘locked’ keys 1 - 0 mirror the weapons groups, pressing these key will issue an attack order shift+# will issue a cancel attack order to all weapons in that group (weapons may be assigned to multiple groups) Size 3 and higher weapons may not fire just yet, the conduit system needs to be overhauled, right now they are so big, they are not getting power.
- Module - Size 3 Bridge
- Module - Size 4 Bridge
- Module - Size 5 Bridge
- Modules - size 3 versions of all size 2 hulls, engines and weapons
- Modules - Size 1 versions of all size 2 hulls, engines and weapons
- Modules - Size 4 versions of all size 2 hulls, engines and weapons
- Modules - Size 5 versions of all size 2 hulls, engines and weapons
- SubSystems menu (does not function yet)
- SubSystem inventory per module (does not function yet)
- By popular demand Cockpit view! While in mouse flight zoom all the way in to enter cockpit view.
- Asteroids are now targetable / attackable! Watch out though, when they explode the chunks can cause other asteroids to explode as well! The particle effect and sound is placeholder for now.
- Base build block should no longer disappear if there are no other blocks in the shipyard
- GUI quality will no longer degrade with overall texture quality on lower settings.
Work In Progress
- Weapon Systems
- Ship Modules
- Sub Systems
- User Interface