About this project
“SIXTEEN DAYS OF GORY"
FORBECK & GREENWOOD Achieved! RABE Story Next!
Now get TOD 3 novel + 6 extra books/stories for $16 pledge!
The (live) Tournament Maximus III Runs February 7-23, 2014!
Again, the Wizard-Prince has summoned the best the bravest of the entire world to games of his devising. Humans, elves, warriors, alchemists, thieves, cat-people, lizard men, and more … Those who complete Amontet’s final quest will gain rewards beyond measure. But first they must survive his Tournament of Death.
“Sullivan playfully rampages through popular culture, filling his world with a vast multitude of monsters and heroes from every corner of the pulp imagination, and somehow making it all work. ***** (Five Stars)”– David Annandale, author and Tournament of Death Kickstarter Backer
EARLY BACKER BONUS BOOKS!
The first 96 pledges (at Attendee or above) will get 1 or 2 bonus books in addition to TOD3
- First 96 pledges – Time War 1 e-book
- First 32 pledges – Time War 1 PLUS Time War 2 e-books
OUR CURRENT STRETCH GOALS
As goals are reached, more will be revealed! The first stretch goal kicks in at just $160 – that’s a mere $10 per day of the Tournament.
Current Book/Story Total – 7 (+ Early Bird Bonus Books)
Books & Stories Currently Revealed (inc. stretch goals) – 8
Total Books/Stories Possible for Attendee & up Pledge – 16+
- $16 – Initial Funding Goal - FUNDED!
- $160 - Court of the Blood-Red Queen e-book - UNLOCKED!
- $480 - Story Goal - Pussycat Riot – Unruly Cat-People invade the tournament! Display and/or print your own pro/con pussycat badge and certificate. - UNLOCKED!
- $600 - Story by Jim Ward - UNLOCKED!
- $800 - Story Goal – “Putin” His Place – Local dictator gets his comeuppance! Display and/or print your own pro/con dictator badge and banner. - UNLOCKED!
- $1000 + Story by Paul McComas - UNLOCKED!
- $1300 + Story by Matt Forbeck - UNLOCKED!
- $1400 + Backers Pick a Pin-Up Wallpaper & Poster - UNLOCKED!
- $1500 + Shipmates e-book - UNLOCKED!
- 1600 + Story by Ed Greenwood - UNLOCKED!
- $1700 + Story Goal – Safe Harbor United – Support the protesters or support the Tournament. Display and/or print your own pro/con Safe Harbor badge and wallpaper.- UNLOCKED!
- $2000 + Story by Jean Rabe
- ??? + Story by Stan! (Brown)
- And many more to come!
ABOUT THE TOURNAMENT
Tournament of Death is a series of fantasy-action novels with an interesting mash-up of engaging characters ranging from women warriors to bi-sexual elves to cat people and were-orcas. Each of the books has been written live, online, during the sixteen days of the Olympic Games (2008 & 2012).
Tournament of Death 3 will be done the same way, with input from Kickstarter backers (and influences from the live competition) that can affect the outcome of the storyline.
Backers of TOD3 will gain unique and collectable rewards, including access to an exclusive, interactive site, e-books, print books, and more. A low funding threshold and generous stretch goals mean that backers of TOD3 should get more than they’ve paid for.
Pick what you want from the rewards column at right, and if you have any questions (or suggestions), just ask!
OUR STRETCH GOALS (for a current list, see above)
Stretch Goals apply to all pledges at the Attendee level and up. The stretch goals for TOD3 will include:
- Bonus books, stories, and illustrations by yours truly (Stephen D. Sullivan) – and possibly by guest artists
- New original TOD-inspired stories by experienced authors & newcomers
- Fun & funny story-point teasers and prizes
Further stretch goals will be revealed as the project progresses. See the current list, near the top.
CONFIRMED STRETCH-GOAL AUTHORS**
If we meet our stretch goals, each of these authors will be contributing a story. That’s as many as 15 additional stories for every pledge of Attendee and up. (Plus additional stretch and bonus stories by Steve.)
Watch the stretch goals and share the project to help support your favorites!
- Stan! (Brown)
- Janet Deaver-Pack
- Matt Forbeck
- Ed Greenwood
- Rob King
- Paul McComas
- Jean Rabe
- Steve Rouse
- Steve Savile
- Steven Schend
- Lester Smith
- Vicki Johnson-Steger
- Doris Stever
- Christine Verstraete
- Jim Ward
** See Risks & Challenges.
When making your pledge, you can add on as many of these items as you like. (See shipping notes.) Just add the amount to your total for your pledge level.
- $5 TOD 1 e-book
- $5 TOD 2 e-book
- $15 TOD #1 print edition softcover
- $15 TOD #2 print edition softcover
- $35 #1 Hardcover
- $35 #2 Hardcover
- $50 Combined TOD 1&2 Hardcover
*See Shipping – at bottom of page.
STORE SALE MULTI-PACKS - includes US Shipping*
- $70 - 6 Softcover books - TOD 1 or 2
- $100 - 6 Softcover TOD 3 Kickstarter exclusive
- $130 - 12 Softcover books - TOD 1 or 2
- $180 - 12 Softcover Kickstarter TOD 3
- $ 135 - 6 Hardcover (single) books - TOD 1 or 2
- $ 240 - 6 Hardcover Omnibus 1&2 -or- TOD 3 Kickstarter exclusive
*See Shipping – at bottom of page.
INSTRUCTIONS – When you are pledging, put the total amount you want to pledge, including ADD-ONS (and postage, if applicable – see bottom*) into the box at the top of the page. Then select your pledge level. At the end of the Kickstarter, you will be sent a survey where you can list the Add-Ons you’ve paid for.
PLEDGE LEVEL NOTES
All pledge levels with physical rewards include media mail shipping in the US.
Levels marked * -- all levels with physical rewards -- add $25 (subject to postal rate change) for International Shipping.
Characters and teams added to the book through reward levels are subject to review and approval by Steve – though he will work with backers to ensure compliance before the Kickstarter finishes.
Returning characters are any characters that have appeared in a Tournament of Death book before. Characters already known to be returning in TOD3 are:
- Brion Wilde
- Erisa & Uldred
- The Finnek Sisters
- Ilsa Gorvald
- Wizard-Prince Amontet
Risks and challenges
Nothing in life is certain. Though I’ve done this twice before, there’s always a slim chance that some unexpected life event could derail completing this project on time, as planned. But let’s hope that no meteors fall on me or any of my collaborators and no one gets a sudden case of plague. If something like that happens, I’ll try to update you, my backers, immediately.
That said, I’ve tried to leave plenty of time after the live Tournament and the initial writing are finished so that my collaborators and I can deliver on our promises. Plus, I have more than 30 years of experience in publishing and meeting deadlines to back me up.
And, as I mentioned, I’ve done this twice before – successfully.
So, unless the Hoary Hand of Fate intervenes, I don’t expect any trouble with Tournament of Death 3 – other than the usual stress of writing an entire novel live, online in two-and-a-half weeks.
So, what are you waiting for? Pick a backing level that you like, and let’s get this Tournament started!
Schedule – I hope to have all the rewards – including e-books, print books, etc. – shipped by the end of October, 2014, or sooner.
All pledges at the Bronze Ticket level and up are shipped for free within the US via media mail. US shipping for Add-Ons is free, too, to Bronze Ticket level and above. For lower levels add $5 extra for 1 item, $10 for 2 items, or $15 for 3 or more items.
*Shipping for international orders must include an additional $25 shipping fee (subject to postal rate changes).Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (25 days)