Instakick™ iPhone and Smartphone Stand
Instakick™ iPhone and Smartphone Stand
iPhone and Smartphone kickstand that fits on your key-chain, tilts to any angle, works w/ or w/o a case on nearly all smartphones.
iPhone and Smartphone kickstand that fits on your key-chain, tilts to any angle, works w/ or w/o a case on nearly all smartphones. Read more
About this project
Clip it on your key chain, throw it in your bag, pocket or purse, use it on the go.
Thank you for supporting InstaKick™. With your help, we will be able to bring this incredibly versatile solid Titanium InstaKick™ kickstand to market soon. Please "Like" this page and share our link with your friends and followers.
PATENT PENDING. (Phone/Tablet not included).
- Precision machined Aircraft Aluminum and Titanium (see reward tiers to choose)
- Engineered to outlast your smartphone
- Tilts in any landscape viewing angle... no other kickstand can do that.
- Works with your iPhone, iPad Mini, iPod Touch and a whole range of smartphones... no other kickstand can do that.
- Works in portrait mode and landscape mode and is strong enough so you can type and swipe... no other kickstand can do that.
- Works with or without your case... no other kickstand can do that.
- We have one for your iPad Mini too.
- Comes in a variety of beautiful custom anodized colors
- Eye catching curved kickstand to compliment your iPhone or iPad Mini
- Fits in your pocket, purse or bag
- Attaches to your key ring
- InstaKick™ for iPhone - is compatible with ALL generations of iPhone and iPod touch.
- InstaKick™ for iPad Mini - is compatible with ALL generations of iPhone and iPod touch AND the iPad Mini.
- In addition, both products will work with virtually all other Android, Windows or Blackberry phones, with just a few exceptions.
What is InstaKick™?
We designed InstaKick™ to be the most useful, go anywhere, tilt in any direction, use with or without your case kickstand for your iPhone, iPad Mini, Android, or other Smartphone.
InstaKick™ is so easy to use. Whether you want to stream movies, facetime or skype with friends, play music, nightstand your iPhone, hands-free pictures, read an ebook, or surf the web, InstaKick™ just works.
Simply insert the InstaKick™ into your iPhone or iPad Mini audio jack and adjust to your desired viewing angle. It’s that simple.
We are starting to receive some blog and media coverage for InstaKick. We will post more updates to this section as we become aware of them.
Thank you to TrendHunter for your supportive review!
Other Things You Should Know
Please see our rewards to see how you can be the first to get your hands on InstaKick™.
We offer three InstaKick™ designs:
1) Compatible with all generations of iPhone and iPad touch. In addition this version will work with practically all leading smartphones including Android, Windows and Blackberry phones.
2) Compatible with iPad Mini and all Smartphones/mobile devices mentioned above. Sorry, the full-sized iPad is too big for this version but we're working on it.
3) A bottle opener version of the iPhone/iPad touch similar in size to the original. The first-ever kickstand and bottle-opener!
Custom Engraving: we offer custom laser engraving all InstaKick™ designs for an additional $40 pledge. 40 character maximum.
Portrait Mode vs. Landscape Mode: InstaKick™ supports portrait mode on any phone that has the audio jack at the top of the phone. In some phones, notably the iPhone5, the phone jack is at the bottom of the phone. InstaKick™ works beautifully in landscape mode on the iPhone5. And, for the apps that support full 360 degree rotation, you can use it in portrait mode upside down.
Wired Headphones: While you can’t use wired headphones when using InstaKick™ (we have a patent pending design that we hope to bring to market soon), you can use any Bluetooth-type headsets or earphones with InstaKick.
Ordering more than one: Kickstarter no longer allows pledge levels for multiple units. If you'd like a few InstaKicks for friends and family, simply pledge a multiple of the reward price (for example 4 x $15 = $60 for 4 units).
Get Aluminum InstaKick™ in 5 color options (anodized silver, jet black, pink, blue or green).
Get Titanium InstaKick™ in natural titanium color.
Once the funding period has ended, you will receive a survey by email requesting your order information. This survey will cover all the available options including color choices and engraving. We may offer more colors depending on demand.
Why We Need Your Help
We need to raise $10,000 to make InstaKick™ a reality. These funds will pay for tooling costs and a large enough production run to get our per unit costs to a reasonable level. InstaKick™ was designed using 3D modeling software to prepare it for production. We have machined prototypes and have proven that everything works. Now, we just need your help to make InstaKick™ come to life. We think everyone should have an InstaKick™ kickstand for their iPhone/Smartphone. With your support, InstaKick™ can begin production and start shipping to Kickstarter backers by September, well in time for the Holiday Season.
Please spread the word and share our project with your friends. Every tweet, re-tweet, post and blog entry will help us and is greatly appreciated.
Rob Everest has a degree in design and fabrication and has worked in the custom jewelry manufacturing business for over 6 years helping to create, design and manufacture jewelry from concept to creation. Rob continues to back successful Kickstarter projects and believes Kickstarter is a great to place to start.
Scott Snell has a background in software product development for enterprise applications and office automation projects. Scott has backed a handful of successful Kickstarter projects and is thrilled to bring this product to market with your help.
We are proud to bring our innovations to you, our Kickstarter family, and can't wait to share this great product with all of you.
Note: InstaKick™ is patent pending and trademarked. iPhone, Apple, and Apple logo are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Windows, Microsoft and Windows logo are registered trademarks of Microsoft Inc. Android is a registered trademark of Google Inc. Blackberry is a registered trademark of Research In Motion Limited.
Risks and challenges
From a technical standpoint, the project is complete, meaning the design and manufacturing components are specified and are proved to work.. Production issues may arise, including machining challenges and materials procurement, fit and finish quality inspections and color might not meet our high standards.
Our biggest challenge has been designing the patent pending swivel pin to properly support all iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad Mini devices. We have tested and proven our design works for the Apple line of devices. This design works very well with most leading Smartphones such as the Samsung Galaxy and Note product lines. There are a few more smart phones that we are in the process of testing for compatibility.
Our machined prototypes are beautifully precision engineered and crafted. We expect our initial production run to be of the same or better quality. We will work hard to ensure the highest quality in every aspect of each InstaKick that we ship to you.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)