Hello! My name is Tyler - the designer behind @ScholarDesign and The Aesthetics of Fame - and I bring things I like into the world. If you're in San Francisco, you may have seen me around wearing brightly colored pants and jackets. I spent December of 2018 designing an enamel pin every day, and now I want to bring my collection to your lapel.
Backers initially have four (4) pins to choose from. Each pin will be sold for $11 USD. After the project is funded, a survey will go out to backers to determine which of the additional designs will be unlocked at each funding level. That's right--the order of unlocked designs will be determined by backers!
Once this project ends I will be forging ahead with other projects. That means it's unlikely you'll ever be able to purchase these pins after the countdown hits 0.
And a social media challenge to share this post on Facebook. Upon reaching 50 shares I'll send out a survey to pick a design to unlock!
Share this Facebook post 50 times to unlock a design:
Here is the unlocking process:
- Four (4) designs will be available to choose from as soon as the project is funded.
- Once the funding exceeds $2k, a survey will be distributed to backers enabling them to VOTE for the next three (3) designs they'd like to see unlocked!
- The order of the stretch pins in the graphic above is arbitrary. For example, backers could vote for "Wise Octopus" to be unlocked first (at $3.5k)!
- Because only early backers will have the opportunity to choose the unlocking order, you want to get in on this project early--and fast!
- Once the funding exceeds $6k, a second survey will be distributed enabling backers to choose the next three (3) designs to be unlocked. The process will repeat at $10k.
- If all stretch funding goals are met, you best believe that all backers will be showered with bonus goodies!
January to February: Funding campaign
March: Funds accessible, designs go out for manufacturing
April: Pin & Pckaging production.
May: If all goes well, packaging and shipping to you!
June: All order shipments completed
Risks and challenges
I've been running my online t-shirt shop for several years now, and am in the business of manufacturing and designing high-quality goods.
This is my first project working with hard enamel pins and am currently in the process of locking in a manufacturer. I am prioritizing manufacturers that have been recommended by other successful KS projects and who come with strong recommendations. I plan to personally inspect each pin before shipment to make sure the pins are accurate to design.
That said, I don't know what the future holds, and there may be hiccups along the way that I will deal with and be transparent about with updates to the backers.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)