The Space Behind Your Eyes - simultaneous Photography exhibition
We are a group of three photographers living and studying in London, and we are funding a long-term project to connect photographic artists through international exhibitions. Our first event is a collaboration with artists from London, Berlin and Amsterdam. The idea is to share and connect with creative people, providing a platform for artists to come together and make our work public. The events will be held simultaneously in all three cities, and will be video-linked and projected live in each venue, as well as on our website.
The exhibition title, Space Behind Your Eyes, is inspired by the sharing of ideas, and connecting with other people, through photography. As well as the exhibition with photographic prints on the walls, there will also be a reading room in the London venue for photographic books. The music played and the atmosphere of the evening will reflect the collaboration between these three capital cities.
These simultaneous exhibitions will offer a platform for photographers to showcase their work, as well as an opportunity for collaboration and promotion. The theme for this debut night is the expression of the imaginary through images. The work on display has been inspired by the idea of transforming the space inside your mind, into pictures that can be viewed and shared.
The event will take place on Friday, 3rd of May 2013, so wherever you are, join in! Whether you are able to come to a venue in London, Amsterdam or Berlin, visit online, or kindly support us with sponsorship, be a part of this creative night and collective space!
For all information about the exhibiting artists and the live stream please visit us online on www.space-behind-your-eyes.com
The money that you kindly donate will be used for:
- secure postage and distribution of art work between all three cities
- payment for DJs, photographers, graphic designer, website designer
- printing of promotional material including posters, flyers and booklets
- equipping and modifying venues for the exhibitions, including hanging the work and painting the walls, as well as restoring the venues to their previous condition after the event
- renting technical equipment, including projectors, location lighting, video cameras
- transportation costs
- printing and posting of Kickstarter backers' rewards!
- web-space for the event to be streamed live
- food and drink for the event
All funds will help us - the more money we receive, the more we can improve the event and support young artists and creative communities. Feel free to leave comments, we would love to hear what you think of our idea!
Risks and challenges
In case the post loses all the art work we are responsible for, we may have to raise our pledge to 30.000 :)Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (20 days)