Inspired by Harvest Moon Games. We aim to bring an immersive Farming experience focused on story, relationships and more.
FUNDED!!!! WE'RE FUNDED!!!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT, TIME & ENERGY! WE REALLY COULD HAVE NOT MADE THIS WITHOUT OUR PASSIONATE COMMUNITY! THANKS! WE LOVE YOU!!!!
For those who still want to support us and help us make the best Wild Season we can, we have opened pledges via paypal! to pledge to pledge via paypall send your pledges to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are buying into a limited pledge we will reduce the available qty so its reflected. .Once a pledge is sold out it is no longer avialable whether its via kickstarter or paypal!
NOW ALSO ACCEPTING BITCOINS!
Having trouble with Amazon & Paypal? Don't have a credit card! Now you can also pledge using BitCoins! Like Paypal, we'll keep the lines open until January 31 2014! That means if you missed the kickstarter you can still get the pledge rewards by sending in your money via paypal or Bitcoins! We're working with various portals so we'll be posting up the details as we activate our accounts to make it easy for you guys!
(use the built in currency exchanger to determine how much to send)
Funds can be sent to 1ChQzWDmSWHzTqCVYXNxWM5W7L8JqFgp6S
THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!
Wild Season is a Farming Simulation Game, inspired by the likes of Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, Rune Factory and Thousand Arms. Although it shares many of the same concepts and mechanics, Wild Season differentiates itself in its approach to these same ideas.
The game revolves around the main character (You), suddenly coming into posession of a farm in a far away town, and the story of how you repair, build and expand it. However along the way you will experience the many distractions, including friends, enemies, love, heartbreak, marriage, winning, losing, discover some mysteries, and perhaps even discover the meaning of true evil.
Wild Season has been featured in:
To help orient you better regarding the pledges below is a chart to help navigate our rewards (we're working on a prettier one, but we thought it was important to get this out ASAP)
- A detailed and intricately crafted world that you can explore, experience and enjoy.
- Play as a male or female character!
- 8 Bachelors and/or bachelorettes for you to woo, romance and marry.
- Same sex relationships.
- Build relationships with characters that you can believe. make friends, and loved ones, or enemies and crazy exes with our custom built relationship engine: The Friend-Zone Engine.
- Turn your newly acquired decrepit farm into one of the region's top farm.
- Grow crops, raise animals, and sell their produce.
- Multiple story-lines, relationships and choices for you to explore, ranging from a mature emotional roller coaster, to downright slapstick.
- Make choices that change the world around you. Make your way into the town council and make decisions about where to take your town.
- Participate or simply attend the many festivals that occur throughout the year, including fairs, competition, races, mystic sacrifices and more!
- Discover the deep dark secret of your town, why it will cause worlds to collide, and decide what you will do with that knowledge.
- Take part in part-time jobs to help build relationships, and fill your wallet in the early days.
- Stop for a drink at the bar after a long day's work to socialize. Who knows what you might learn! ( Especially on quiz-night!)
- Initial Animal List: Cows, Sheep, Goats, Chickens, Ostriches, Penguins, Llama, Horses & dogs
- Cooking & Baking variety. Lots of recipe's and way's to make a dish. Compete locally, regionally and nationally to become the nations best cook/baker!
What makes Wild Season Different from other similar games?
- Character driven story-telling approach. Each character has a history, internal conflicts, issues and distinct personalities.
- A more mature undertone: Unlike other games of this genre, we want characters to be deep, compelling and relatable. As such we have decided to take a slightly more mature approach with our storytelling, with characters having to deal with a range of issues, ranging from drinking problems to crisis of concience.
- Its not just about making friends: Its not about achieving the highest level of friendship with everyone in the town to achieve rewards. If you just dont like a particular character you can make them your enemy!
- Off-Duty Activities: Whilst running and mantaining the farm is important, we are also focusing strongly on activities available to the player when not on the farm, including activities (like dating, mystery solving, spying, learning to cook), jobs, entertainment & more social options. (with farm automation options later in the game to make it easier for those who get bored with the same routine after a few years).
- Contextual relationship building: NPC's will notice when you come out for drinks in the evening, if you're antisocial, or when you barge into their houses and rooms at odd hours off the night (and when you do it too much!), or begin to stalk them.
- Political System: Join the town council and help shape the direction of your town.
- Use of technology. Use evolving technologies (tv/ cellphones, etc) to help manage and automate your farms & relationships.
- Dog & Horse racing. Breed Dogs & Horses for races (yes more than one).
The main character (You) lives in the big city! However due to some unfortunate circumstances you have lost your home and most of your possessions to the mafia. On your way home you pass by a realtor, and you see an amazing deal on an old farm not too far away. With no home and little chance to find somewhere else in the city you see this as a fresh start! An opportunity to get away from it all. You empty out your bank account, sell what remaining possessions you need to, and you buy the farm!
The sales associate gives you keys and directions, and before you know it you're home, packing what you have left into your car (before the Mafia throw you out!), and you drive out to the farm!
However its not all smiles and roses, getting to the farm is not as easy as it seems, and when you arrive, the townsfolk are friendly but distant, the town seems to hide a secret, there is a dark feeling coming from the forest...
It really is going to be... a Wild Season!
We initially intend to launch on PC/Mac/Linux as well as IOS and Android versions. However based on the success of our kickstarter we are eyeing having the game also available on other mobile platforms like blackberry & windows phone (and a Windows 8 touch friendly version) as well as consoles and handheld consoles (including PS Vita, 3DS, Xbox & PS indie channels). The spread of the game to other platforms is primarily dependent on achieving a funding goal higher than our initial goal.
To stay updated sign up to our newsletter! http://eepurl.com/E5W_L
Below are just some of the characters you can expect to meet in your Wild Season adventure! (Not all art is final quality)
Like the music? Listen to the main theme from our sountrack here! Music composed exclusively for Wild Season by Andre Colares
What to expect from our stretch goals
Developing a game is very much like a car. Although all cars get you from point A to point B, the experience between a coupe and a sports car is very different. The same can be applied to game development. Whilst with our current goal we feel we can make a great Wild Season. However engines can always be better & more detailed, stories can have more depth, & characters more stories. In other words, surpassing our initial funding goal does not necessarily mean there will be more features, but rather we will make the existing features even bigger and better!
We have structured our development process so that we can scale it up based on how much support we receive for the game. We have additional bachelors, bachelorettes, story lines, crops, animals, and different approaches for our engines, that require more time and programmers. We want to make the best possible game that we can and we want to put as much towards that as we can.
We're also looking at physical deliverables for backers, as well as expanding our publishing reach into more platforms such as the PS Vita, Xbox One, PS4 & nintendo ecosystems and as part of our stretch plans.
We will be publishing our stretch goals over the coming days in one of the updates.
Wild Season has been a labour of love of the team over the past few months. To this point I have been personally funding the development of the game and its assets, with a little help from my dad. Unfortunately my funds are running out, and I can no longer afford to support my passionate team and their families. We are confident that we can make a truly awesome game, and want to continue working on this full time, with no distractions. We hope with the support of kickstarter we can do this.
Wild Season is being developed by Quickfire Games, a small but passionate & dedicated team of game developer veterans based out of the Philippines.
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
The challenge is to make a truly awesome, exciting and memorable experience, however as with any software projects, there are any number of issues that could lead to delays. Despite that, combined with our extensive experience in development, we have done our best to plan for any issues that come up.
Everyone on the team has had experience in development. Almost everyone in the team has come from a combination of software and game development backgrounds. We know what its like to ship products, and we have an excellent idea of what can cause problems and delays. The trick is to stay organized and keep going. (and inform your backers of course)
Come what may we are truly passionate about developing this. And we really hope you can help us along our dream to make a great studio by continuing to produce great games, that we're passionate about!
Whilst our primary distribution channel for PC/Mac/Linux is currently steam, we are looking at also distributing via GOC, as well as offering direct to consumer for those that request DRM free copies of the game :).
In other words, if you dont want to use steam, let us know, incase there's any delay in listing in via GOC, we can provide you a copy directly.
Initially we're looking at Mac, PC, Linux, however due to our choice of art-style and 2D playstyle, the game will also be available in IOS & Android (with touchfriendly controls)
Below are our Tier 2 platforms. These are platforms we REALLY want the game on and have taken actions to prepare ourselves. Ideally we will brign the game to these platforms if we surpass our initial funding goal
Ouya - Devkit acquired
PS Vita - Requested for PS Vita Unity Beta
Wii U - Reached out to nintendo for Wii U Unity version
Tier 3 platforms are platforms we would like to see the game in, but may result in greater complications in porting, and may require more resources to do so.