Pixel Starships is the world’s first total starship management game in an 8bit massive online universe. In Pixel Starships, you command every aspect of your ship from construction to battles in a single persistent world.
We have been working hard on this game and the current pre-alpha build is already super addictive and fun to play. We need your help to get this game to market and release on many platforms as possible. Please back us on Kickstarter so we can ship this awesome game! Backers can get awesome exclusive rewards, collaboration and early access.
- PocketGamer - Pixel Starships will put 8-bit space strategy and crew management into an online universe by Chris Priestman
- MMGN - The graphics in this 8Bit indie game is the best we've seen in a retro style game for a long time by Roy Hui
- PocketTactics - I’m intrigued by the cutaway side-view of the starship with turbolifts and transporters at the ready by Dave Neumann
- TechTimes - The World’s First 8-Bit Total Starship Management Game Hits The Online Universe by Lauren Keating
24 June: Funding goal reached! 1.5 days left to go!
16 June: We're at E3 in LA. Come say Hi!
10 June: Steam Greenlight #1 and Approved within 11 Days!
6 June: 60% Funded, Ranked Top 14 on Steam Greenlight!
4 June: Pre-Alpha Gameplay Video #1 Now Live:
We are huge strategy game addicts. Some games we LOVE: FTL, XCom, Eve Online, Home World. All these games are awesome, but it wasn't enough.
We wanted to play an FTL style, all encompassing ship management game in a single massive online world. We didn't want a game that ended after finishing single player campaign in days. Instead we want to invest in a persistent world similar to World of Warcraft with fresh content and new players making the game alive and exciting for decades.
- Build Epic Starships of your own design.
- Many races, aliens, factions.
- Battle it out with other players in a single massive online universe.
- Manage diplomacy, trade, recruitment, research, exploration, manage ship's power and limited resources. Discover epic weapons.
- Cross section full ship control and battles.
- Issue situational commands to ship and crew allowing automatic combats and offline play.
The game has to be perfectly balanced and not a pay to win game. In-app currency (StarBux) will help speed up ship development but will not make a player more powerful. StarBux can also be earned in the game. Kickstarter rewards are once off exclusive perks not available in the standard game, but the main focus is on design uniqueness and recognition over power advantage.
All the crew and systems are fully configurable in the game offering a unique style of gameplay focused on tactics and strategy rather than speed of mouse clicks / taps.
This game is the dream space simulation strategy game that we want to play. This is Pixel Starships.
If successfully funded, Pixel Starships is planned for launch on iPhone and iPad in December 2015 and launch on PC in 2016. Additional platforms will also be added with adequate funding. Alpha & Beta release for early backers requires iOS 8 Compatible Device.
Stretch goals? First we need to get to 20K :) Quick! Back us!
Pixel Starships is under development by SavySoda. A indie iOS studio in Melbourne with over 70 million downloads.
We've been working really hard on design and the development is progressing really well. With your support we can complete the alpha build soon and improve the game world and the multiplayer infrastructure.
- Game Design: 85%
- Server Development: 55%
- Mobile Client Development: 50%
- Artworks: 40%
- Testing: 20%
Additional Funding will be used for:
- Further Development: 25%
- Localisation: 5%
- Extra Game Features: 65%
- Marketing: 5%
Here are some posters to simplify reward contents. To make it easier for the majority of our fans, We've listed everything in USD.
Risks and challenges
Pixel Starships overall development is currently at the half way point; We have a internal demo which we've been playing for several weeks. Existing community feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Alpha release will be ready and go out to all early backers around end of crowdfunding campaign.
We are targeting to ship on iOS platforms even if we have to busk on the streets because we love this game; but with additional support from Kickstarter backers we can make this game truly awesome. We can get more developers on board and build more immersive worlds and tactics and collaborate with serious backers.
- Our staff could be abducted by Aliens before finishing the game
- Server scalability on multiplayer (we will test this out in BETA, and optimise for a smooth launch)
- Game balance (we will ensure the game is fully balanced before public release)
- Feedback during BETA phase (we will work to ensure everything is addressed before we release, if necessary we will prioritise product quality over deadline)
Our primary focus is the quality of the game and the dream of building great indie titles. Our previous strategy titles Millionaire Tycoon and Eenies are both 5 Star games with millions of users and we aim to deliver the same experience on Pixel Starships.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)