Ultimate Scheme, Take 2
We are gearing up to take on Ultimate Scheme one more time. After the first kickstarter ended unsuccessfully, we took some time to review the project, and looked for ways to improve the campaign so that we can relaunch with greater success.
We listened to feedback, made some changes, and as a result we believe we are poised for a more successful project. Some of the key changes we made include:
- We created a new pitch video, using a location much more suited to evil geniuses than a dining room. We also got some professional help in capturing the video and sound, and we think the results are dramatically better.
- We weren't happy with the cover, so we commissioned a new one that is a little more engaging and does a better job at communicating the humor aspects of the game (you can see it below).
- We looked at our manufacturing plan, and shopped around for a vendor that would take a potentially smaller print run. This helps us set a lower threshold for success, since we don't have to pay up front for tons of product that doesn't go to backers. (If we have tons of backers, though, our vendor can easily ramp up to larger quantities)
- We also looked at our component makeup, with not only cost in mind, but also weight. The heavier and bigger the box, the more it costs us to ship both from the manufacturer and out to backers. The box will now come with four sets of player tokens, and we've swapped out the more expensive wooden resource cubes for punch-out token sheets. We've also adjusted the board slightly so that it fits into a slightly smaller box.
- With the lower cost of goods and other savings, we are able to drop the base pledge level down 20% to $39 - same game, better value for backers.
Now here's the part where you, our previous backers, come in. We plan our relaunch soon. In fact, we've already got the new Kickstarter page put together, which you can preview here (note there are still some tweaks going on as we finalize the details): https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sasquatchgamestudio/1478191508?token=f485638b
Take a look, give us your feedback, and click on the notification button on the preview so you know the minute it goes live. We want a big surge on Day 1—we know, as you might also be aware, that projects that are close to their goal simply have more appeal to potential backers. With a solid base in the first couple of days, the project will look better to those that come across it later on, and we'll continue to gain support and march through stretch goals.
As an added bonus, we'll send a special gift to each backer of our first Ultimate Scheme attempt that backs the New Ultimate Scheme within the first 48 hours of it going live.
Thanks again for supporting us in our first attempt!