Affinity by Sara Pocius is an original whimsical and graphic collection that transforms cherished shapes into ribbons of silver with tons of personality.
Introducing the designs for my custom silver alphabet. I hope you love them as much as I do! (C & E are silver prototypes and A, J, K, L, M & S are renders)
This extra polishing step will add a bit of extra cost to manufacturing, but it will be well worth it!
CAD Design: I was lucky enough to connect with my CAD modeler two years ago, and he's been instrumental in helping me bring my ideas to life. It's important to have a partner who understands your vision!
Introducing letters A, J, K, L, M & S as computer renderings!
Casting: Although I often keep it local and utilize Los Angeles jewelry manufacturers for my silver production, I've chosen to work with an east cost (and extra "green") caster on this project.
Located in Rhode Island, they're a proven manufacturing partner after flawlessly producing my silver Cat pendants for the ASPCA and Fresh Step Litter's Feline Arts Council in 2014.
Fulfillment: Both of my US-based metal casting partners are well-versed in the task of large production orders. So I have no doubt that even a very large Kickstarter fulfillment will go smoothly.
**If your desired Initial is not available for preorder yet, please pledge for an alternate Reward. Your support NOW will help me meet the Stretch Goals needed to unlock all the letters. Don't worry, you'll be able to adjust your Reward before the campaign ends!**
Check out the 360° view!
**Alternate stone color options can also be explored.**
Note: These are computer renderings of the Vanessa Ring—see textured silver example above for how the band will look in real life. :) You can also view the same design produced in white gold in the "Collaborative Fine Jewelry" reward image right below.
For all rewards under $300, there will be a shipping charge to help offset postage and packaging. US Shipping: $2.00 First Class Mail. Select International shipping: $26 Priority or Registered Mail. Only US shipping is available for jewelry with gemstones. There are many restrictions and risks associated with shipping jewelry and precious metals Internationally, so apologies if you do not see your country listed.
- To my awesome hubby, Sam Hulick, who supports me and my business in every way possible. That fabulous video up there — yep, only possible because of him.
- To Flourish & Thrive Academy for giving me all the tools I've needed to grow my jewelry business from its simple beaded beginnings just three years ago.
- To Miloš for his incredible ability to read my mind and put up with all my friendly demands when it comes to my 3D models.
- To Ali and Tristina for modeling my pieces with amazing style and grace.
- To Tiny Prints Photography for expertly capturing my jewelry next to the beautiful Pacific Ocean.
Risks and challenges
Having already vetted my CAD/casting team and mastered the production of my signature ribbon-style, the risks and challenges of this project have been greatly minimized. But, that doesn't mean I won't encounter unexpected bumps along the way.
Fulfillment dates reflect my best guess delivery times and account for minor setbacks.
• Wax printing or casting concerns that may require some new CAD files
• Accidental damage to wax or metal masters that mean starting fresh
• Unexpected delays due to caster overload with other clients
• Final castings that need to be redone due to any imperfections
• Shipping delays due to the high number of rewards I have to ship!
- (30 days)