Rebuild game keys delivered and the beta is ON!
$8 and up backers should have all received an email from humblebundle.com with your key for Rebuild beta, both direct download and Steam key. This will also be your access to the full version when I finish it (estimated this fall), so it's your choice if you'd like to dive into the beta now or wait for release 1.0. If you missed the email, just visit this page and enter the email address you specified in the Rebuild Kickstarter survey:
Backers at higher levels should now also have your survivor, city, and item names in the game, should have received an email with your code to unlock in-game content, and if applicable the soundtrack, t-shirts and stickers (minus a couple I am mailing this week). Zombie backers are in the game and will be featured more heavily in upcoming events. If you missed one of these things, check your spam box then email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Bleeding edge beta
If you get the game and join in on the beta now, I'll be uploading new versions every month or so. If you'd like more updates sooner, activate your Steam key and run the game through there for automatic updates - Windows most often (sorry Mac users!). To get the newest, possibly broken updates before everyone else, switch to the "testing" branch in Steam:
- Right-click Rebuild in your Steam client library
- Click properties
- Click the Betas tab
- From the dropdown menu pick "testing"
- Leave password blank
- You may need to restart Steam to trigger downloading the new version
What's left to do?
- The Android beta may take me a few more months
- Backers whose survivor faces are in the game will be added soon
- Then of course I need to finish the game!
- The PDF artbook will be delivered after the game's done