10% funded on first day! And a Q&A
We have seen a strong start for this "Mythic Battles: Pantheon" videogame campaign, with 10% funding in the first 24 hours! Big thanks to everybody who pledged. Thanks also to Kickstarter, as they featured this campaign in their "Projects We Love!"
Now, of course, we are still facing an uphill battle, with 90% of the goal to reach within the remaining 29 days.
Since the campaign launched, multiple questions and requests popped up, some of which I could answer right away, and some of which required internal discussion with the team. I would like to summarize the main questions and answers here.
- What languages will be supported? The game will ship in English and French. Initially we only planned for English, but there appears to be a strong demand for French and we already have the translations from the board game.
- What systems will be supported for the Steam version? We will do Windows, Linux and Mac. Initially we planned on Windows only (which in our experience is 98% of the market on Steam) but our programmers confirm that porting the game to the two other systems is a manageable workload.
- Will the PC game only be on Steam? Most probably not. We will try and bring it to as many storefronts as possible. But for the practicality of delivering pledge rewards, we picked the most popular platform.
- Why no mobile/tablet version? Such versions would be more costly to develop, and would not be easily discoverable in mobile app stores, as those are very crowded and not well suited for premium contents. We may consider such versions later, but are not able to commit on them now.
- Will online multiplayer be cross-platform? It is our willingness to make it so, but for consoles, it will ultimately depend on whether the platforms let us do it or not.
- Why no system of tournament and ladder? For such a system to make sense, there has to be a large number of active players at any given time. We would consider it if the success is such that it makes sense, but we are not able to commit on that now.
- How close will the game mechanics be to that of the board game? We are making it as faithful as we can to the board game, as we know this is a strong expectation from the community.
- Version 1.0 or version 1.5? Version 1.5.
- Will there be dice rolling with the same mechanics as in the board game? Yes. You will be able to choose, when creating a game, whether to use the dice rolling mechanics or to go for automatic combat resolution.
- Will there be a local hot-seat multiplayer game mode? Yes! By popular demand we will implement this. But it will make more sense on laptops and on Nintendo Switch, so you can keep your hands of cards to yourself. We will also have to disable some actions in this mode, where two players can interact during a turn.
- If my pledge gets highlighted units, do I get them for all copies that are included in the pledge? Highlighted units will be linked to user accounts, not to copies. But we will indeed enable them for as many accounts as copies in the pledge.