GeeksLikeMe: Make New Friends With Similar Interests
A friend making / dating / social media app called GeeksLikeMe, where you can find people who geek out about the same things you do.
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Fri, November 9 2018 3:58 PM UTC +00:00.
Forget all that nonsense that usually comes with meeting new people for friendship or dating. Meet people that you are truly compatible with. Geek out with us!
GeeksLikeMe is a mobile app designed to connect you with people who really care about the same things you do.
Meeting people just like you is really hard. GeeksLikeMe makes it a whole lot easier.
How Much Should I Give?
We are grateful for pledges in any amount and appreciate all our backers. Here's what your contributions do:
- $25 buys a very important hour of coding. We need a lot of hours of coding!
- $35 buys one hour of artistry to make our app extra geeky.
- $100 spreads the word on social media when we launch in a new city (for one week)
- $150 pays for a staff member dedicated to keeping the site safe and fun from creepers, hackers and other torrid individuals (for one day).
- $500 sponsors a review party in a new city to fill the app with a bunch of geeks.
- $10,000 gets the app up and running for all you Geeks out there after some very thorough testing and debugging. Yay!
For $10,000, we'll have:
- The back-end and structure for the platform ready.
- User profiles will be ready to go.
- The ability for you to find matches based on anything and everything you 'geek out' about.
You'll also be able to get cool stuff like this...
Why is GeeksLikeMe important?
There are a whole lot of lonely people out there including us here at GeeksLikeMe. Type in loneliness into YouTube and Google to find out just how bad it is right now. Social media has made the situation even worse, so we are fighting social media with social media. GeeksLikeMe is NOT about selfies or showing the very best parts of your life through Instagram filters. GeeksLikeMe is simply a place to meet other REAL people who like the same things you do.
What is the status of GeeksLikeMe?
We've created most of the visuals for the site and have begun the development of the app in ReactNative. We are ready to start filling you in on the progress and getting your input.
Here is a peek at the initial look and feel. We are still working on the colors ;-)
When Will GeeksLikeMe Launch?
We will launch our Beta right around the first of the year, but may have some testing opportunities before that.
Why are we raising funds on Kickstarter?
We're raising funds on Kickstarter because we have taken this project as far as we can without help. And we need to hire that help. We are handing off our wireframes and visuals to engineers so they can build it while we continue to build our community of geeks.
Risks and challenges
Though we are dutifully planning to avoid this type of scenario, we could experience technical glitches that require additional attention and testing that may delay our scheduled beta release.
Should we become aware of a significant delay, we will communicate via email with all of our backers to inform them of the status and provide an updated release date.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter