About this project
This modular game building system is the result of months of prototyping. Saga World Builder makes it easy for you to design and play the tabletop games you love.
TL;DR for new backers, the Complete package includes:
- 200 high-quality, double-sided, erasable tiles (Dungeon, Mines, Nature, Neutral/blank)—world's biggest modular tile system
- 320 vinyl sticker objects (furniture, scenery, items, weapons, etc.)
- 5 Inventory Sticker Boards / Erasable Character Sheets
- Online map planning and GM tool for iOS/Android/Mac/PC
- MANY stretch goals and free bonuses: 21 bonus tiles and interiors unlocked (Frigate, Harbor, Village, Castle) + 80+ bonus stickers + 8+ mystery tiles + Cartographer's Guide (how to draw) + 8 Character Portraits + soundtrack by Darkraven + much more!
- See a SUMMARY OF ALL STRETCH GOALS unlocked free for all backers HERE
- Pledge Manager will be available. Multiple pledges okay! See the FAQ or read the update. Just add additional pledges NOW to your total before the campaign closes.
- **€10 ADD-ON** Saga: Endless Adventures. Beta dungeon crawl game ruleset & quests designed by Jon Gilmour (Dead of Winter). Read here for more info. Just click "Manage your pledge" and add €10 to your total.
- What are "2x" level pledges? They're basically double-pledges and include 2 stretch goal packs.
Saga World Builder is a highly modular game-building system for creating gaming maps and environments. The System consists of a large number of double-sided modular map tiles and features hundreds of environmental objects, magic items, weapons, decorations, and equipment.
Saga World Planner is an easy to use multi platform online planning tool to create, design, share and rate maps. The tool has been unlocked as a Stretch Goal thanks to the ASTOUNDING support from our backers—many of whom have asked for an online planner. Free early access. Exclusively for all backers. For life.
With Saga World Planner you'll be able to:
- Organize your entire Saga tiles collection
- Create adventures and wonderful tile maps you can share with others
- Play in real life with virtual GM tools
Platforms: iOS, Android and PC/Mac desktop browser compatibility and the option to export tiles and objects for use with virtual tabletops.
Saga: Endless Adventures
Designed by veteran game designer, Jon Gilmour (Dead of Winter, Dinosaur Island, Path of Light and Shadow) and Vincent Chang (aka flyaturtle; worked for Michael Mann on Miami Vice, Hancock, Public Enemies), Saga: Endless Adventures is an infinite dungeon crawl game you can play with your Saga World Builder tiles & stickers.
To add, go to "Manage Your Pledge" and add €10 to your pledge
Our TilesOverview of our tiles and motives. Each tiles has two sides (side A and side B) with motives printed on each side. All Saga tiles are 6x6 inch as well as 3x6 inch (metric: 15,24 x 15,24 cm as well as 7,62 x 15,24 cm).
Saga Dungeon Example
Our map tiles automatically fit together, allowing you to adventure on-the-fly and in any direction that your players decide to go.
Saga Mine Example
These easy-to-use materials will allow you to create epic maps in the blink of an eye! Saga World Builder lets you design entire dungeons and environments before beginning to play, making it a breeze to place the rooms as your players explore them instead of having to stop and draw them in one at a time.
Fog of War Gameplay
Saga World Builder features a “Fog of War” gameplay mode. Instead of laying out all of the dungeon tiles at once, you reveal a tile only after a player explores it. This mode works great for infiltration missions.
Wet- and dry-erase compatible and super durable!
Saga map tiles are wet- and dry-erase compatible, super durable, laminated on both sides, and reinforced for extra weight and durability.
Objects printed on adhesion film
Thanks to the magic of adhesion and electrostatic, all elements stick to the map and can easily be placed, removed, and reused again and again and again.
All this is included!
- Beautiful hand-painted game-building system.
- Dungeon System with hundreds of modular dungeon tiles.
- Mine System with hundreds of modular mine tiles.
- Hundreds of weapons, magic items, and decorative objects.
- Pitfalls, traps, and tricky adventure elements.
- Environmental objects and props.
- Kickstarter bonus: Inventory and neutral tiles.
Saga World Builder is:
- Completely modular.
- Hand-painted illustrations that fit every style.
- Our objects are printed on adhesion film, which sticks to shining surfaces without glue and can be easily removed.
- Works with any kind of marker: wet, dry, permanent, and nonpermanent.
- Cleans up easily and quickly so you can draw on it and erase over and over again.
- Can cover any size or shape of table.
- Let’s you create an exciting chase scene.
- Doesn’t slide around on the table.
- Allows for a wide variety of terrain, dungeon, or miniatures.
- And is Affordable
(We have two sizes of tiles: 6”x6" and 3"x6. We did a small typo in the description of some rewards where we wrote "All tiles are 6”x6" and 3"x3” / But all tiles are 6”x6" and 3"x6”.)
About the currency
Because we're based in Germany, we have to define our goals and pledge levels in Euro.This can get a little bit confusing if you're not up to date on conversion rates, so to make things a little easier for you, we've included the price of things in US Dollars in our pledge and stretch goals descriptions. Note that the pledge amount in dollars is automatically converted by Kickstarter. Also note that amounts have been rounded. The converted amounts were all updated right before going live with this campaign, but please note that they may not be accurate at the end of the campaign.
And now lets rock this campaign!
You can accomplish a lot with what’s included in the set—it’s up to you to find out all the different way you can put them to use!
Now’s the time to bring Saga World Builder into your game! With your support of this Kickstarter project, we can bring this fun and unique gaming system to life.
Risks and challenges
We have worked very hard to develop this product for Kickstarter and to full-scale manufacturing and fulfilment. Working with machines and having many processes involved from different suppliers can delay the process should a disaster arise. Creating the tooling and cut files to insure every tile interlinks and is reversible can be tricky but we are working with an experienced manufacturer in order to minimise this risk. Also, we made the decision go with a "one box" strategy (ex. Mega and Deluxe are multiples of Complete boxes) and no physical add-ons to eliminate the need for pick-and-pack logistics.
We strongly believe in our product. So we are confident that we can get these to everyone in a timely manner after the Kickstarter. No matter the challenge one thing is sure we will get it done and if there is a problem we will work through it and inform our backers at every turn.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (23 days)