Official Release Date, Art Book Update, ECCC, and Seventh Circle for Switch (?!)
All right, folks, this is a BIG ONE, so buckle up. Here comes a bunch of very important updates.
- First of all, we're ready to announce an official release date for Seventh Circle: the game will drop on June 4th, 2019. Yes, that represents a bit more of a delay from our target of April 2019, the reason being that the programming plan changed slightly (a boring story) and I (Anne) had to do a massive overhaul of the 100,000+ word script, which ended in a carpal tunnel attack (seriously). Obviously we wish we could've made April, but stuff happens, and we're HYPE about June.
- Both Steam license keys and a direct download of the game will be available to backers. Steam keys and other digital downloads (Artbook PDFs, phone BGs, etc.) will launch on May 1st. The only thing that might come a little later is the minicomic, but we're working on it.
- Art books are finally in the late stages of production! We hope to have 'em in hand by the third week of March, and in your hands by the end of the month. We will let you know when they've arrived. As a reminder, if your rewards haven't shipped yet, they're probably waiting on an art book.
- The backer-exclusive print included with some rewards is now an exclusive variant of the phone background Becca did. We really wanted to work with our friend Yoshi Yoshitani on that one, but scheduling didn't work out, so we hope you'll see some Seventh Circle art from Yoshi in the future instead. In the meantime, Becca's print looks EXCELLENT; see it at the bottom of this update. I personally can't wait to have a framed one.
- It's! Time! For! PRE-ORDERS! This might not be especially relevant for backers, but if you have friends who are slow on the uptake, you can let them know that preorders reopen Tuesday the 12th. There will also be a new trailer for the game in conjuction with the pre-orders.
- Becca and I will be at Emerald City Comic Con from March 14th-18th, Artist Alley Table Q8. We'll be selling preorders, giving out free prints to Seventh Circle fans (because we love you), and generally wigging about how close we are to being done.
- And finally,we wanted to take y'alls temperature on something: we're curious about interest in seeing Seventh Circle come to the Switch. We both love that dang console, and it's the only one we think would really fit a game like 7C. Would you play Seventh Circle on the Switch? What if you had to repurchase it? Tell us how you feel in the comments, or shoot us a DM or email.
Okay, I think that's it. Is that enough info dumping for you? IS IT?
We hope to see you at ECCC, or just around.
Keep being awesome,
Anne & Becca