Hey Coolest Backers,
I hope this message finds you off to a happy and healthy start to 2016!
We’re excited to be on track based on our last update, but we do have an action item we need your help with.
Later today we’re going to send everyone who hasn’t yet received his or her Coolest an email (which will come from Coolest, not Kickstarter). Please open that email, click the link and make sure we have your correct shipping information. If everything looks good, you don’t need to do a thing. If your address is wrong just type in the correct one and hit the big green button.
Why are we so focused on addresses right now? Well, I’m sure you sent out some Christmas cards this year that were returned because you had the wrong address, right?
Well, that’s happening to us. But imagine instead of mailing a postcard, you’re shipping a 30+lb box to someone, and you’ve got the wrong address because they moved. Now you need to pay to send the box back to your house, then pay to send it out to the right address again. Now imagine you’re shipping worldwide. Finally, imagine having to track down whoever lives at the wrong address and trying to talk them out of their new ‘free’ Coolest Cooler!
That’s why I’m reaching out today to ask for your help.
We need to verify everyone’s address so we can complete our fulfillment plan and get you your delivery estimate.
As promised, we’ve been building an online tool that will tell remaining backers how many Coolest Coolers in each color and in each zone are in front of them, and when you can expect your Coolest.
But when we dove deep in the shipping and returns data, we were surprised how many folks have moved around since their survey was completed. In order for this online scheduling tool to be effective, we need to start with the most updated information possible. From there, we basically need to schedule out weekly production across all factories by color, and then coordinate with our carriers to pack out and ship to each zone by backer number. None of it works with so many wrong addresses.
So, here’s the process:
1. Later today you're going to receive an email from us showing which color Coolest you selected for your backer reward, and which shipping address we have on file for you.
2. OPEN it and click on the link. If all the information is correct, then you can ignore and get on with your day. If your address is wrong then just type in your new one. If you don't see another email look in your spam folder.
3. We’re setting a deadline of February 10th for everyone to complete the update. If you don’t open this first email, we’ll likely re-send to the unopened emails because we really, really want your Coolest to go to where you are now.
4. It will take two weeks to re-run the production and shipping plan based on that compiled information and integrate it into our new Shipping tool.
5. On February 26th, we’ll send an email to you with links to the live Coolest/Shipping page showing remaining backers how many orange, green or blue Coolests are in your shipping zone ahead of you, and our best estimate for when your Coolest will arrive.
Other than that we’re on track with all the other updates we’ve shared.
That’s it. Look for the email and open it. Thanks!
Wishing you and your family an amazing 2016,