(click HERE for the Kickstarter Video in HIGH QUALITY)
(and click HERE for our FACEBOOK PAGE!)
"THE AFTERMATH" Expansion Pack for after release! - (Additional Missions, Extra Weapons, New Enemies! )
"ANDROID VERSION RELEASE!" - (As well as the iPhone version for mobile I will also be able to release Rock Rock Rocket for Android users!)
Rock Rock Rocket is an upcoming, pocket-sized, real-time, open world first-person shooter, created from the ground up for iPhone and iOS.
- Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
You play as a lone astronaut, an interstellar scientist and part of deep-space research team. When a routine job on an alien planet goes from bad to worse, players find themselves stranded in a world full of constant danger and endless discovery!
-With the free roaming sense of discovery found in recent open world shooters and RPGs like the Fallout series, Borderlands, and Elder Scrolls...
- coupled with a 24 hour real-time clock where time in the game passes just as it does in the real world! For example, if you are playing Rock Rock Rocket after work at 5:58pm, it’ll also be 5:58pm in the game, the planet’s sun will be setting, and new enemies and events are beginning to emerge under the cover of night. Or, 2 days after placing that weird space egg that you found in that weird space cave onto a shelf in your spaceship, you notice that it is now beginning to hatch!
There will be some events and quests that span over a few real-time days, and the main plot of our hero will actually play out over the course of about a month.
It's Nintendo’s Animal Crossing, but with lasers! And it's all experienced from within a stylised retro, first-person perspective, that harkens back to the 2d/3d hybrid DOS games of old, but, with shooting mechanics and gameplay reminiscent of contemporary classics like Metroid Prime, and the Halo series.
Here’s a further taste of the sort of things I aim to incorporate :
- • A gripping Sci-Fi Survival Storyline with events that unfold over days, and weeks in real time
- • A heap of weapons and abilities to unlock
- • Multiple areas and zones, and day/night cycle with weather that changes up gameplay
- • Various Random Side events that pop up during each session.
- • A repairable, upgradeable Rocket ship that functions as your base of operations
- • Complete Research Sample Collections: discover and catalogue alien wildlife, plants and minerals • A whole range of space creatures, and enemies, to find and fight.
Rock Rock Rocket will be a game that constantly has something new to discover, and is ever-changing day to day. It’s a game that you can pick up and play for just 10 minutes to see what’s happening, or to explore the cosmic wilderness for as long as you like, uncovering it’s mysteries at your own pace.
"Sign me up!" you’re thinking. "That sounds like almost too much space-related fun!" you say. "But how do I get to play it?"
Well this is the where Kickstarter, and you guys come in. If we raise the relatively meagre minimum sum of just $6000? Well I’ll be able to complete Rock Rock Rocket, in time for a projected September release, straight onto to the Apple App Store for you to download, right to your iPhone.
So please pledge whatever you can, because if we don’t end up hitting that goal, then you won’t have to pay anything. But, if we exceed the goal, any extra money we raise over the minimum of 6000 will be able to go towards new features and content, and making development a whole lot easier, and I will be able funnel the proceeds back into the game.
As you can see I’ve already created the base engine that the game will run on, it now comes down to churning out the rest of the features, and designing/testing/refining the rest of the content for things like the story, the events, menus, controls and gameplay.
And depending, on how much we raise over the minimum, I would love to be able to do Expansion Pack updates, for after the release,. This way you would still get the main game on time in September, but, I’d be able to give you even more content, like new weapons, new events, new zones, all for free, as soon as they’re ready!
Furthermore this game will not require you to ever spend money on micro-transactions or In-App Purchases.
So to break it down, all the money will go towards payment for:
- - Development costs and licences, and software add-ons/upgrades
- - Production costs such as Programming, Art design, UI design, writing, gameplay tweaking and testing,
- - Compiling a sound library, sound mixing, and music. etc
- - And generally just being able to afford the time to work on it
There is so much potential energy crammed into the ideas behind Rock Rock Rocket, all it needs now is a little push from you guys, to help get it off the ground.
Thankyou, and see you in the future.
Risks and challenges
As the engine for the game has already been created, I have set Rock Rock Rocket up so that the rest of the content and features are relatively easy, (yet still time consuming!) to implement. Mostly, it's simply a matter of sketching out, designing and churning out each new addition. Sound and music is also necessary next big step, as is fine-tuning gameplay, but with a background in music production, graphic design, a decade-long hobby of game-creation under my belt, and a solid background in video-game-playing-ness, I anticipate smooth-sailing all the way to the distant stars!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (20 days)