ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A WAY TO DESTROY YOUR ENEMIES AT THE CARD TABLE?
DO YOU WANT THEM TO SUFFER AND FEEL THE FEAR CREEPING INTO THEIR MINDS?
CAN YOU HEAR PINHEAD INSIDE YOUR MIND SAYING "The box, you opened it, we came"?
OK...THAT'S JUST WEIRD. STOP THAT RIGHT NOW!
I'm just bringing a sexy new box for you to carry your decks. If you are looking for some new bling for FNM or Commander night, I have you covered. This deck box is inspired by the box from Hellraiser universe. Please check it out.
- Maximum card capacity is 150 sleeved cards
- Exterior dimensions 4.675in cubed
- Sturdy construction using .125in cabinet grade Birch plywood
The Deluxe Version of this box is better in EVERY way.
- Exterior dimensions 5.125in cubed
- Maximum card storage capacity increased to 175 sleeved cards
- Overkill with even more sturdy .25in exterior cabinet grade Birch plywood
- Additional features shown in the picture below
FUNCTIONAL PUZZLES & DECORATIVE CUBES
For a while now I've been designing and building wooden puzzle boxes inspired by the Hellraiser universe. I'm a pretty big fan of the lore and love making wooden puzzles. (I think I may also be a bit of a sadist since I LOVE watching people struggle to solve my puzzles, lol)
So, In addition to the new deck boxes, I'm bringing you my puzzle boxes and decorative cubes at a discount for this campaign only! So let's dive right in and discuss each of them. (Without giving away the puzzles of course!)
- Decorative Cubes - These are not functional and have no moving parts. But they are lovely on display!
- Functional Puzzle Boxes - I have designed 4 unique puzzles in my series. Each of the 4 is identical from the outside but solves a different way. The title of each box is the only clue you get to help you solve the puzzles! (Kidding....sort of. Contact me if you give up on trying to solve the puzzles and I'll link you to the solution video.)
1 - The Screw
My first attempt at a functional puzzle box inspired by the hellraiser universe was titled "The Screw". Being functional got it a bit of attention and started me down the path of creating the rest of the series.
2 - The Grip
I wanted to make a new puzzle that looked and acted EXACTLY like my first puzzle...with 1 huge difference. The solution...the type of puzzle...I wanted that to change. A month or so later, the "Grip" was born! Of all my puzzles, the Grip is the only one with enough space inside to actually place a treasure. (It's been used to hold wedding rings during proposals quite a few times already. Also, it's been used as a proper puzzle in D&D games.)
3 - Pure Torture
I got caught up in trying to keep the exterior of each new puzzle identical to previous versions while changing the interior in such drastic ways that it makes people go a bit mental. The 3rd puzzle in the series is titled "Pure Torture" and is NOT for the feint of heart. This box has been known to freak people out, cause them to throw it and run away screaming. I won't tell you why....but if you are smart, you can find out easily enough.
My Pure Torture puzzle is normally VERY limited. (I only make 6 each year). This campaign is a very rare occasion where that limit doesn't apply. However, each backer is limited to ONE of this puzzle.
4 - Unsolvable
The 4th and final in the series was more of a A-hole move on my part than anything else. Even though it still has all the same moving parts and is identical from the outside....the unsolvable box can NOT be solved. There is no panel that opens and no way inside without breaking the box into pieces.
Basic info about my puzzles.
- They are made by hand here in the shop.
- Every one is made by me and me alone.
- Every one is solved and locked before leaving. (You may THINK you got a defective box...you will be wrong.)
- I lock them TIGHT for the first time you solve them. It adds difficulty and can make some parts not move as easily at first.
- You NEVER have to apply enough pressure to break the box in order to solve the puzzles.
- If you upgrade to 2-tone, it is another difficulty increase as I will paint shut some of the seams and moving parts to cause you further suffering. (Please, give me your suffering)
- Your suffering feeds my soul and will allow me to live forever...thereby giving me more time to create MORE puzzles in an endless cycle of torture and creativity.
- The level of difficulty of any given puzzle isn't something that I can quantify. There are too many variables. How smart is the person solving it? How lucky is that person? How much puzzle experience does that person have? I personally think they are all pretty easy to solve, but going by the number of people who have asked for the solution, I may be wrong.
How to Pledge
To pledge, just add up the items you want from the list below and pledge that amount. That's it.
- Standard Version of the Deck Box = $60ea.
- Deluxe Version of the Deck Box = $100ea.
- Decorative Cube - 1.5 inches Solid Walnut = $10ea.
- Decorative Cube - 3 inch Hollow Maple = $20ea.
- Functional Puzzle 1 - The Screw = $100ea.
- Functional Puzzle 2 - The Grip = $90ea.
- Functional Puzzle 3 - Pure Torture = $200 (Limit 1 per pledge)
- Functional Puzzle 4 - Unsolvable = $70ea.
OPTIONAL UPGRADE TO TWO-TONED PAINT = $25 PER BOX
Alternatively, you can do the two-toned painting yourself. Here's a tutorial video just to show you how it's done. HOW TO TWO-TONE PAINT
US shipping is included in your pledge. For my International backers, you'll be charged actual shipping + fees via Paypal after the campaign ends (Technically you'll be charged $7 less than "actual" shipping because that's how much is factored in to cover the included shipping for US pledges.)
ALL MY PAGES AND LINKS
www.etsy.com/shop/munchkinmetropolis - My Etsy Shop. This is where every successful product I have made will eventually end up.
www.youtube.com/c/TheWoodworkingGamer - Please Subscribe to my Channel on Youtube. (I need more subscribers to help my channel grow)
www.twitch.tv/munchkinmetropolis - Every Backer Reward will be streamed live on Twitch. (You can watch your item come into this world!)
www.facebook.com/munchkinmetropolis (Facebook is the first place I post about new pieces and ideas. It is also the place to find the link to my contests and giveaways. I try to have giveaways going every month.)
www.twitter.com/munchkinmetro - My Twitter
www.instagram.com/thewoodworkinggamer - My Instagram
Risks and challenges
As with all previous campaigns, this one is extremely low risk. I've completed several campaigns so far and have more than 1 supplier for my wood. At present I also have 2 machines to help me cut....so even if one breaks down I can keep trucking. I build live on my streams during the campaign and that helps fulfillment to be completed much faster than waiting until funds arrive to begin.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)