Introduction and Updated Information
Hi there everyone and thanks for checking out my newest campaign. As you may or may not know, last year I ran a campaign for items very similar to these. The D20 cases were initially going to become an item I kept available in my Etsy shop. But after considering how much setup it takes to do these, I decided to make them an annual campaign idea instead. So this is the first annual campaign. (It would be silly to just copy an old campaign each year....and as much as I love being silly, I'd prefer not to be that particular type of silly.) So, each year I'll find a way to design a special version of the D20 that will only be available during the campaign (And after if I make too many during the campaign, since I stream live daily from the woodshop to answer any questions you may have in realtime). This year I decided to do the D20 using 10 woods....and couldn't be happier with how they turned out! Check the pics below.
For those of you who follow me or know me from one of my other social sites, here's the update. With the funds from last years' campaign, I was able to stock a decent amount of wood in the shop as well as purchase a 2nd and larger laser to help me increase production. Recently, I've even hired a part-time helper to train in the shop. (Thanks again for the support, it means a LOT to me). After that, I ended up taking the summer off and focused solely on working out to get my body back in better shape....since apparently I have to focus on it to make any REAL headway. My Instagram followers already know since I posted 100 days of fitbit daily screenshots showing my calorie intake and number of steps/calories burned/etc. That catches you up to where I am today.
Plans for the campaign funds
So, I always like to explain how the funds will be spent and this campaign is no different. There are certain costs associated with running a woodshop that are standardized (Lease payments, Monthly recurring expense, etc). I don't usually use campaign funds for these, except to prepay rent to get me through to April when work picks back up.
I also plan to attend no less than 3 conventions this year. Initial costs are travel expense, booth fees, hotel, etc....but should be recouped hopefully from each convention. (However, that isn't a guarantee, so I plan to eat that cost upfront and hope to recover it during or from business growth after)
I'd also like to add to savings for hard times since you never know when they'll hit. I put 20% of all my campaign funds into savings to cover unexpected incidents.
As you can see, any ONE of these requires more than my initial goal.... but when we exceed the goal, now you know where it'll go.
If we only meet the goal, the funds will specifically go towards updating my computer and purchasing an annual subscription to Adobe. (I am learning how to create special effects and have a plan in place to create a YouTube series called "Solo'd - A Dungeons & Dragons TV show".) This is only in it's starting phase and I'm currently just focused on educating myself on how to make proper films/sets/video editing/etc. The show should be super fun though, I'm going to play all 4 characters AND the DM in a mad-dash crazy, funny campaign where I pull ALL the crazy stunts I've had players try on me in the past. Practicing arguing with myself as 5 different people is already nuts, but should be a wonderful time to be had.
So, now you know my plan to take over the world!
Things you should know before you pledge
- 1. Shipping for this campaign is flat rate, not "per item". (US=Included, Canada = $10, Everywhere else = $15)
- 2. Each dice case will be made of exactly 10 different species of hardwood. No more, no less. And those species will be chosen at random to ensure each case is as close to unique as I can make it. (Possible Species Include....Mahogany, Walnut, Padauk, Yellowheart, Purpleheart, Bubinga, Bloodwood, Canarywood, Cherry, Maple, Ash, Lacewood, Wenge, Red Cedar, Zebrawood)
- 3. There will be exactly 2 panels of each wood per case and they will be placed opposite each other to ensure both panels aren't seen at once when looking from any angle.
- 4. There is a limited supply. (This is to ensure timely delivery of your rewards, as I want EVERY reward to be delivered by December 15.)
- 5. These are ONLY available during this kickstarter. However, if I build too many, I'll list the extras on my Etsy Shop. Like I did with the extras from the last campaign.
HOW TO PLEDGE
- 1. Choose which reward(s) you want. (Small Dice Case, Medium Dice Case, Large Dice Case, Set of all 3 Dice Cases.... or you can choose Multiple if you want a different number than any of these options)
- 2. Do you want flocking? (If you don't know what it is, please click here to see the place I order materials from).
- 3. Add the total of all items you wish to receive and pledge that amount. If you are international, shipping will be added to the pledge amount you enter so don't factor it in your pledge amount.
Small Cases are $40 standard $55 flocked each
Medium Cases are $60 standard $80 flocked each
Large Cases are $80 standard $105 flocked each
Little Soldiers are $15/set of 2 and will be chosen at random as just an add-on item.
- 4. Expect a personal message from me within 24 hours asking for the details of your pledge. (Street address, items pledged for, upgrades, etc....)
- 5. Please take a moment to share the campaign with your playgroup or circle of friends.
- $40 Each - Standard
- $55 Each - Flocked (Choose Black, Red, Blue, Green)
- $60 Each - Standard
- $80 Each - Flocked (Choose Black, Red, Blue, Green)
- $80 Each - Standard
- $105 Each - Flocked (Choose Black, Red, Blue, Green)
www.etsy.com/shop/munchkinmetropolis - My Etsy Shop. This is where every successful product I have made will eventually end up.
www.youtube.com/c/TheWoodworkingGamer - Please Subscribe to my Channel on Youtube. (I need more subscribers to help my channel grow)
www.twitch.tv/munchkinmetropolis - Every Backer Reward will be streamed live on Twitch. (You can watch your item come into this world!)
www.facebook.com/munchkinmetropolis (Facebook is the first place I post about new pieces and ideas. It is also the place to find the link to my contests and giveaways. I try to have giveaways going every month.)
www.twitter.com/munchkinmetro - My Twitter
www.instagram.com/thewoodworkinggamer - My Instagram
Risks and challenges
As with any campaign, the risks lie in the unknown factors. I've completed several campaigns so far and have a record of delivering rewards earlier than expected. I will do my best to exceed your expectations. I have the suppliers in line and have already purchased several pieces to get started. There shouldn't be any issues.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)