Rock Vibe is an accessible computer game for blind and sighted gamers that's similar to Rock Band and Guitar Hero. Read more
This project was successfully funded on February 25, 2012.
We've had a busy holiday season, and things are looking good for Rock Vibe. We hope you're getting up to an equally promising start to the new year.
Here's what's happening right now:
- Wearable design and software are close to done
- We've chosen a narrator for the game's menus
- So far, we haven't set anything on fire!
- We have tested more motors than we can count
Here are the game features:
- Compatible with Win XP, 7, Vista (still testing)
- Compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 and above (we might also support 10.4 and 10.5)
- USB-powered wearable belt containing 4 motors using FTDI drivers
- Supported audio files: MP3, AIF, WAV
- Levels coded in MIDI
- Users can add their own levels to Rock Vibe by creating MIDI files
- Narrated menus and scores
- Saved high scores
- Compatible with computer keyboard (Keyboard with number pad required for 2-player gaming or either of the instruments listed below.)
- Rock Band instrument and MIDI keyboard support soon to be added
We believe we'll be able to meet our proposed Kickstarter deadlines and plan to send out surveys to our supporters in roughly 2 weeks. If anything changes, we'll post an update.
Thanks for all of your support and we hope you enjoy the game!
PS We'll post images/video once the wearable's design is finalized.