About this project
The idea of shift 2020 is based upon Mobile Trends 2020, a collaborative project I launched early 2010. It's one of the highest viewed decks on Slideshare (in the Top 50 of All Time in Technology / +320k views). Reviewing the document a couple of weeks ago, I realised the future is catching up on us much faster than many of the predictions that were made. I thought it was time to ask the original contributors for an update on their original predictions and new foresights for the year 2020.
Additionally, I wanted to broaden the scope of this new book project and asked new contributors to give their vision and foresights on the following topics: 3D Printing, AI, Apps, Biotech, Cloud, Connected Living, Consumers, Context, Crowdfunding, Data, Education, Entrepreneurship, Enterprise, Fashion, GreenTech, Health, Hyperconnectivity, IoT / IoE, M2M, Maker Movement, Media, P2P Money, Retail, Robotics, Sensors, Smart Cities, Social Media, Society, Surveillance, Transport, Wearables with global input as well as focused on emerging markets such as BRIC and Sub-Saharan Africa.
What's in it for you?
A nicely designed eBook or a quality Hardcover, ImageWrap Standard Landscape 10×8 (25×20 cm) Photo Book printed by blurb.com on Premium Semi Matt Paper. The content includes 80 pages of original content, featuring most of the original Mobile Trends 2020 contributors. In addition to some 40 new contributions from around the globe who are prominent futurists, trend-predictors and industry leaders.
Shift 2020 is a unique eBook for you to browse and read, as well as a beautifully designed hard-back printed edition. A no-frills paperback version will be released as well for business travellers.
The eBook version will be sent to you on Monday 23rd December 2013. The printed books will be delivered as Standard Delivery (according blurb.com guidelines) counting 12-15 business days from the ending of this campaign.
Why do you need this book?
This is a unique book compiling the visions of some of the leading industry experts in many different fields; from greentech to wearable computing, fashion to retail, education to health. All are connected through digital technology. There's no such existing compilation of foresights in existence that we know of. It's quite unique!
This book would interest you because...
As an individual - Shift 2020 gives you an understanding how technology is going to influence, shape and impact your daily life in the near future. Many different areas of how we will communicate, work and do business together in the immediate future are covered in depth:
- Pre-order the PDF, eBook, paperback or Photo Book or pledge to get your name in the acknowledgements page of the book.
As a Company - This book presents a very special opportunity to create a unique New Year's gift for your business relationships and clients. What a better way to start 2014?
We have created the opportunity for your company to personalise the cover of the book with your logo and name. Check the Pledges to find a format that suits your company:
- Pre-order the PDF, eBook, paperback or Photo Book or pledge to get your company name or logo in the acknowledgements page of the book.
- Sponsor a section in shift 2020 and get your brand name and logo on a section page.
- Sponsor a page in shift 2020 and get your company ad displayed on a page in the book.
- Customise the cover of the book with your brand name and logo.
- Book a breakfast/lunch/dinner with the author and the designer of the book and some of the UK-based contributors of shift 2020 (valid from January till end of March 2014). Only available in theUK.
- Book the author for a presentation of shift 2020 at your company (valid from January till end of March 2014).
- Book a workshop with the author and designer of the book for a presentation of shift 2020 + a 1/2 day workshop on how to prepare your company for the future (valid from January till end of March 2014). Only available in theUK.
shift 2020 includes quotes, paragraphs and essays from 74 final confirmed contributors, such as:
- Neelie Kroes (VP of the European Commission)
- Douglas Rushkoff
- Salim Ismael (Singularity University)
- Shannon Spanhake (Innovation Officer San Francisco)
- Saul Klein (Index Ventures)
- Aubrey de Grey
- Sunny Bates (Kickstarter / Jawbone)
- Carlos Domingo (Telefonica Digital)
- Boris Veldhuijzen van Zanten (The Next Web)
- Laurent Haug (Lift)
- Martin Recke (next)
- David Rowan (Wired Magazine)
- Will Page (Spotify)
- Scott Jenson (Google)
- Gerd Leonhard (The Futures Agency)
- Yuri Van Geest
- Russell Buckley
- Russ McGuire (Sprint)
- Delia Dumitrescu (Trendwatching.com)
- Georgie Benardete (Shopbeam)
- Hans-Holger Albrecht (CEO Millicom)
- Tariq Krim (JoliCloud)
- Dr. James Canton
- Christian Lindholm (Korulab)
- Eze Vidra (Google Campus)
- Harald Neidhardt (MLOVE)
- Raina Kumra (Juggernaut)
- Robin Wauters (Tech.eu)
- Nicolas Nova
- Gianfranco Chicco
- Ken Banks
- Kelly Goto
- Erik Hersman (Savannah Fund)
- David Risher (Worldreader)
- Glen Hiemstra (Futurist.com)
- Jessica Colaço (iHub)
- Mark Kanji (Apptivation)
- Priya Prakash (Changify)
- Andrew Berglund (Geometry Global)
- Alan Moore
- Martin Duval (Bluenove)
- Maarten Lens-FitzGerald (Layar)
- Andrew Bud (mBlox/MEF)
- Andy Abramson
- Fabien Girardin
- C. Enrique Ortiz
- Raj Singh (Tempo AI)
- Inma Martinez
- Robert Rice
- Ajit Jaokar
- Jonathan MacDonald
- Tony Fish
- Dan Appelquist
- Redg Snodgrass (Stained Glass Labs)
- David Wood
- Mark A.M. Kramer (razorfish Healthware)
- Aape Pohjavirta
- Kosta Peric (Innotribe)
- Blaise Aguera y Arcas (Microsoft)
- Tricia Wang
- Louisa Heinrich (Superhuman)
- Paul Berney (MMA)
- Mike North (UC Berkeley)
- Kate Darling
- Simon White
- Chris Luomanen (Thing Tank)
- Ariane Van De Ven (Telefonica)
- Sena Gbeckor-Kove
- Timothy Kotin
- Michael J. O'Farrell
- Tomi Ahonen
- Dr. Peter Cochrane
- Ed Maklouf
- Raimo Van der Klein
The funds will be used to cover the cost of designing the book, building the website, hiring a professional editor and promotion. As you may know, or not, publishing a book is quite a lot of work, and this is my first book project. I'm not 100% sure where this is going... If there's profit from this project, I'll invest it to produce a new book, which all my backers will get a first edition with a discount.
There's also the exclusive and limited offer for companies to personalise the cover of Shift 2020 with their name and logo.
Shift 2020 is a perfect New Year's gift for employees, colleagues, associates or friends.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
shift 2020 is curated by Rudy De Waele
Rudy is a Creative Entrepreneur, a Mobile and Innovation Strategist, Speaker and Curator with over 18 years of experience in Internet technology, specialising in mobile innovation and start ups since 1999.
ABOUT THE DESIGNER
shift 2020 is designed by Louise Campbell
Louise is an award winning UX and Design Technologist. Focused on optimisation for e-Commerce applications.
TIMINGS & RELEASE DATES OF THE PUBLICATION
The eBook version will be sent to you before Christmas 2013.
The printed books will be delivered as Standard Delivery (according blurb.com guidelines) counting 12-15 business days from the ending of this campaign.
For any customised offers not mentioned in the pledges, please contact the author.
Check the shift2020 website for latest updates and additional information.
Risks and challenges
I'm really excited and confident about this project. As of now we have all the content in and we're in the final editing process. The designer has committed to design the book. So, the only risk you take is if we miss our goal, we'll have to find another route to publish the book.
The eBook version will be sent to you on Monday 23rd December 2013.
The printed books will be delivered as Standard Delivery (according blurb.com guidelines) counting 12-15 business days from the ending of this campaign.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (9 days)