Tour The Store
Just two more puzzles to go before the metapuzzle and the close of the mini puzzlehunt and the Kickstarter campaign. If you've been planning to tell some friends to hop on board, now's the time.
And on with the puzzle ...
An essential part of the Puzzazz philosophy is that every ebook we sell starts with at least one free puzzle, so you can try before you buy. We want happy buyers and one of the best ways to get them is to let them sample the content before they have to pay for it. The first one's free ...
So pull out your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch, install the Puzzazz app, if you haven't already, and check out some puzzles (if you don't have an iPad or iPhone, see below). Here's a little scavenger hunt using a free puzzle in a number of books.
- Incredible Cryptic Crossword by Todd Rew - the intersection of 12 Across and 5 Down
- Piece of Cake by Ian Livengood - the intersection of 17 Across and 6 Down
- Can You See? by Jill Schmidt - the first letter
- Mentagy Challenge by Allyn Kahn - the left cell in the second row
- Puzzling Pairs Volume 1 by Puzzazz Staff - the middle letter in the bottom row
- I Swear by Victor Fleming - the intersection of 61 Across and 55 Down
- More Brain Pleasers by Alan Stillson (puzzle #2) - first letter in RNSTHMNGWY
While you are solving these puzzles, be sure to try out some of our unique features. The magnifying glass icon lets you zoom in and out. The keyboard icon lets you hide the keyboard and use Puzzazz's exclusive TouchWrite handwriting recognition technology (this is particularly handy on an iPhone). Toggling keyboard button engages our Touchwrite technology which lets you write in answers directly on the screen. And, the lightbulb icon has various hint options to reveal single letters, whole words, and even the entire solution.
Note: If you don't have an iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch, you can view each of these puzzles on our home page, as part of the rotating display of puzzle images.
More Useful Information
As people solve puzzles in the mini puzzlehunt, they've been learning little bits of useful information. Here's some more of what they've learned:
- Some of the puzzle ebooks coming soon include logic crosswords and some unusual crossword variants.
See earlier updates for more information.
Hints to Earlier Puzzles
- If you want a hint to the cryptic puzzle, we've made two available. Pick the one you want. Divisions or Clue Types.
- In the TomTom puzzle, the 9x box has to have 3, 3, and a 1 in it. That helps greatly with the top row and the second column.
- When you solve the puzzle hidden in the iOS application icon, follow the instructions carefully and use the right instructions in the right place.
It is not cheating to talk about puzzles, write about them, blog about them, even post to Twitter or Facebook about them. However, to avoid spoiling puzzles for others, please do not put the answer to any puzzle in the mini puzzlehunt in the comments. To verify an answer, visit http://www.puzzazz.com/kickstarter.