About this project
**We've reached our goal, so our first production run will begin in late January! Pre-order for $99; retail will be $145**
Overalls have always been the epitome of practicality, but have traditionally been considered a working garment. We’ve redesigned them to be the most versatile item in your wardrobe.
Why overalls? So you can be the man you are, wherever you are.
Combine perfectly suspender-ed pants with the top half of an apron, and you’ll find that you can do anything from cooking a gourmet meal to performing triple bypass surgery, all while storing adorable kittens in your kangaroo pocket. The high-quality chino fabric and modern tailored look are just icing on the cake, to ensure you are blowing minds in style.
Here’s the low-down on Rousers:
- Versatility: Our overalls look just as good with your favorite t-shirt as they do with your best dress shirts
- Style: From tortoise-shell buttons and rich maroon threading to herringbone pocketing and trim, we've carefully considered every detail
- Quality: Made in America using a durable 10.5 ounce cotton twill, Rousers will last along with the best items in your wardrobe
- Comfort: Slim fit down the leg with a uniquely comfortable waist. You’ll never wear a belt again
Comfortable enough for film screenings in the park and stylish enough to accompany a pressed shirt on a second date, you can wear Rousers shirtless all summer at the shore or with a blazer and bowtie for your best friend’s wedding.
Rousers are constructed from a 10.5oz cotton twill, which is slightly heavier and more durable than a classic chino pant.
We've carefully considered the details:
- Sizing: Rousers are sized based on waist/inseam like pants, and we build the (adjustable) top to be a slim-fitting extension.
- Fabric/ Color: For now, Rousers only come in a 10.5oz charcoal gray chino (98% Cotton, 2% Lycra twill)
- Ordering: If successfully funded, we will reach out to all backers to get sizing and shipping details! We will offer a finely printed product card immediately after funding closes (and before the holidays), for those interested in giving Rousers as a gift.
We are a team of three close friends, who met years ago in college through a love of the outdoors. And we’ve been talking about overalls for a long time.
Maybe there was one itch we never scratched during those four years of hiking and skiing every weekend, or maybe we just never got over our old pairs of Osh Kosh B’Gosh. But living in the city, we knew something was missing. So in early 2014, we finally started experimenting with bib designs in our Boston apartment. Matt left his job in August 2014 to focus on Rousers full-time and work to launch the product.
Thanks to some good luck, we were able to team up with an experienced designer and a lifelong pattern-maker in NYC. Their eye and craft, along with generous advice from several talented menswear designers and production experts, and input from friends and family, has brought the vision close to reality. We have thrown ourselves into learning everything necessary to build a great product, and are confident in our ability to deliver.
We're incredibly excited about creating Rousers, and would love to have you join us for the ride.
-Matt, Ben and Aidan
(More details on the Rousers Guys here)
Risks and challenges
The Rousers journey began early in 2014, and while we acknowledge the inevitable risks involved in a first production run, we are confident in our ability to execute. We have finalized our patterns, sourced materials and lined up a factory with the capability and flexibility to meet a wide range of order volumes.
We are committed to shipping Rousers in March, but our aim is to deliver sooner than promised.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)