Imagine racing an entire career in multiplayer against real life racers? Then come check us out! Read more
This project's funding goal was not reached on January 1, 2013.
About this project
Our goal with Street Kart is to create the most Original Multiplayer Racing Game for iPhone/iPad which will be FREE TO PLAY.
UPDATE #2: We hit 19% funded! - 13 days to go...
We've added new helmets, gloves and boots!
UPDATE #1: We hit 10% funded!
SK KARTERS LEAGUE ANNOUNCED!
Remember NO MONEY IS REMOVED FROM YOUR ACCOUNT UNTIL JANUARY and ONLY if we raise the full £15,000 goal!
If you kart in real life we have something very special for you. We're launching karters league just for VERIFIED karters. Here's what you get:
Race in SK against those around the world. Find out who's the best.
To guarantee your spot, just go to the rewards on the right for the first 100 its £25 (and get all the rewards 1 to 3 included). Or go for the the more expensive option of £35 and get SK visor decals, and some great in-game rewards!
ORIGINAL INFO ON STREET KART
It's simply the best karting game ever produced on a mobile device, and so far it's been funded by the founders, their family, and friends. And it's almost ready for launch. But there's something missing...and we need your help to get us over the line...(check out the bottom of this for some great bonuses!) and make sure you're playing the game by January! (Yes we're that close!).
WE WANT YOU TO BECOME PART OF THE JOURNEY...
Your Mission: Become World Kart Champion
In his day legendary karter 'Drifter' Joe, was gold. In 1956 when Art Ingels invented it, Joe raced where it mattered: on the street. Back then, they didn't race for medals, just to beat the next guy. And Joe always beat the next guy.
And then Glory, and he bought his own kart track.
Now though he trains drivers like YOU, to be world champions, against real drivers. Not AI.
With a rucksack on your back, the world's ugliest helmet, and no money in your pocket you've arrived at Joe's kart track, alone, ready to prove yourself.
More than 7000 hours have already been put into building Street Kart. We all have one passion.
TO MAKE THE WORLD'S MOST PLAYABLE, FUN AND BRILLIANT MULTIPLAYER RACING GAME YOU'VE EVER EXPERIENCED ON AN IOS DEVICE.
And, we're almost there.
The game is almost ready. but we want make it much cooler and better - and get it done quicker with your help, and have great updates going in quickly after launch. The more money we raise the more we'll be able to put into the game, and we can do some very exciting things!.
Join our 12,000+ fans on FACEBOOK, and we'll keep you up to date.
Well there's lots...
- The game is almost done and it looks GORGEOUS (see models below).
- We have LICENSED KARTS (INCLUDING SEVERAL WORLD CHAMPIONS)
- We have licensed TYRES, by lots of the worlds leading manufacturers
- The game is fully MULTIPLAYER from launch Your Career and Skill level are determined by how many real life players you can beat
- You can WIN VIRTUAL CURRENCY from other people you race against
- Championships - win REAL WORLD PRIZES, such as DRIFT CAMERAS, by racing in game against others.
Some very cool bonuses, like:
- VERIFIED ACCOUNTS
- MY REAL LIFE HELMET IN GAME - yes, you can send us a design you love (or indeed your helmet) and we'll do something inspired by that and make it available in game for you to race with. You want your name on the side? No problem! (we'll just need to confirm with the copyright holder that it's cool!)
- Get your SK 2012 GOLD kart number for life: Only 89 available and first come first served In game
- UNLOCKS no one else will get
- T-Shirts - tell us you want them and we'll get some designed :)
- BRAND A KART IN A DESIGN OF YOUR CHOICE? We can do that too. (No brand names or logos of course)
All we really want though, is for you to have the most personalized gaming experience we can offer as a thank you for supporting the game.
We've licensed numerous official karts and brands, and you can race with: Zanardi (2011 World Champions), IAME (2011 World Champion Engine Manufactuer), Gillard, ZiP Kart, TKM, Monaco Kart, Arrow Kart, Caterham, Parolin, Bridgestone, MG Tyres, Maxxis Tyres, Komet Tyres, Motors TV, Karting Magazine, DRIFT Cameras, Alpine Stars and many more!
Great. As we mentioned before all racing is MULTIPLAYER. Yes, you'll be racing against the world in a world league, with and against your friends.
- Your success will depend on how you race against other REAL people.
- Earn Money: You'll earn (or lose) money when you race in RUMBLES.
- Kart Physics: There's loads of licensed karts and engines, and karts slide and move around as you'd expect. In fact our very own BOFFIN is an expert in kart physics. We lock him away somewhere with complicated maths and diagrams. And boy does he produce.
- Control Mechanisms: We're focusing on at most 3 control mechanisms for the game, so that it gives you a choice of driving styles.
- Kudos Points: The aim of the game is to win races and grow your kudos. Tyres and Tyre Management
How you manage your tyres is up to you. Be aggressive and you might be successful early in the race. Be smooth and you might lose ground early but gain success later. It's up to you. There's a whole range of Soft to Hard compound tyres to choose from all the major manufacturers, oh, and don't forget to set the right psi for the temperature of the track and it's surface type.
You'll be able to setup certain things in the kart including tyre pressure/type, exhaust length, gear ratio and adjust the handling.
As you go through the game you'll unlock loads of rewards. We want to give you the most fun, custom game experience possible.You want:
1. Karts - set up and customize your karts
2. Tyres - change psi and tyre type (Hard, Medium and Soft Compounds) from top manufacturers.
3. Suits - look cool in factory gear
4. Helmets - Fans gave us their helmets and we put them in game - here's some of those you can unlock - check the rewards and we'll put yours in to (subject to copyright confirmation and permission)!
5. Engines - a whole range of engines to choose from, from real life karting
6. Gloves - your hands move. May as well choose what they look like!
7. Boots - oh - you'll see your feet accelerate and brake. We figured you'd like to look cool in a new pair of racing boots.
Weather - our major innovation!
Depending on where the track is, we import real life weather from that location at that time. This affects your grip levels, engine performance and that of the other karts. Different tyre types work best at different temperatures, as do different engines.
Karts in SK...
Much like Global Warming, everything you do in game affects everyone else.
So here's some cool stuff to consider:
1. The more people download the game the more unlocks we'll give away and the more we'll add to the game. Think tracks, kart liveries, suits, helmets and gloves.
2. The higher the spend in game the more we'll do so those who help us get there will see the benefit of that - so cool unlocks no one else will have.
3. The more friends you have racing in the game the more fun it gets.
Street Kart was founded by Duncan Abbott and Ross Grayle Jones, and it is our first major game. We have years of experience developing apps, and producing large scale websites. We've worked with top brands including Peroni, LOVEFiLM etc. and created one of the worlds first major film social networks (the now closed icewhole.com) which had the support of over 300 major filmmakers, including 25 Academy Award Winners (Richard Attenborough and John Hurt among them).
On our team we have outrageously talented guys and we have the legendary racing sim physics expert Niels Heusinkveld who has developed the physics engine, and it's superb!
We believe that you only live once and we want to produce a great game for you. If you want to support us and here's the things we plan to build if we get more cash that we ask for:
We'll make the game even more beautiful. Better looking tracks, more karts, more unlocks, more engine choices, helmets, more special effects.
We'll be able to add more objects to the tracks, under and over bridges, tunnels, and some more track designs! We'll add more kart brands, offer up more major prizes and take over the world with our lasers (only kidding about the last part).
We'll start work on Street Kart 2013/2014 (yes there's plans for one game a year, each time getting better than the next). This is the game we REALLY want to make. Where you own your own kart business, and build it up from nothing. You design the track, share it with your friends and compete to have the best track in the world.
We'd love to hit this target.
If there's some cool rewards you'd like, feel free to tell us too! So if you decide to support us, that would be cool, and all the team would appreciate it. If not that's cool too, we'd love it if you downloaded the game when it comes out. To be notified please join our VIP mailing list.
What you're saying about us on Facebook...
"This game has amazing potential! The creators are genuinely interested in people's feedback and their crowd sourcing techniques will insure this game reaches a wide audience. This is a co-creation piece between us drivers, racing enthusiasts and interested gamers with the programmers. Can't wait to see it go live!" Daniel Paronetto, Kart Racer.
"The first proper karting game on iOS. Graphics look unreal!" Sam Dimelow, Kart Racer.
"Gameplay and graphics look better than any racing game for the iOS!" Sam Barclay, Kart Racer.
Risks and challenges
OK here's the key challenges we'll have to overcome once we are fully funded:
1. The game has to be accepted by Apple, and there's the smallest chance that they won't.
2. Completing all your rewards on time. We'll do our best, and there's a decent chance we'll hit this since we've a lot of experience already. A kart, for example, takes 4 weeks to make. It's also the reason why we've restricted this number as we know we can fulfill this amount.
3. The game won't be finished in time. We're aiming for February, with your rewards added between February and April as an update. We've got the funding to finish the game, and it's all been planned, but this will be your only chance to guarantee something personal to you gets in there.
4. All the complicated technical challenges have been overcome including the kart physics, and as you can see from the video it feels great!
5. One of the founders die. Yes it might happen. But don't worry, we've got a good team behind us to pick up the slack. If we both die then, well, there's a chance we might not get the game out.
In terms of the steps once we have the money:
1. We'll start working on any karts and branding immediately.
2. Helmets will begin work in February.
3. The game will launch in February in one or two countries to test the game. Once we're satisfied it's wonderful we'll launch it shortly afterwards around the world. Ideally, with some real world prizes like DRIFT Cameras up for grabs.
4. We'll update regularly - probably every 2 weeks and start importing your rewards into the game.
We just want to get over the line and give you guys a great chance to get some personal touches into the game, and keep developing it in the first few months when it goes live.
Thanks again for taking a bit of time to look over SK. You guys rock!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (23 days)