The Trust Workbook is one of a series of projects to present the Rose Language. If you missed out on this while it was live, you can still join in!
WHERE TO GO NEXT?
Contact us to order the Love Cards and or the Trust Workbook.
- An explanation of each letter and how to use the Rose language at www.thinkingrose.com/language
- Updates on the Rose Scholar (all profits go to support a student in South Africa) at www.thinkingrose.com/community/rose-scholar.html
- The story of Thorn, Pistil, and Stamen (three kids using Rose to save the world--and themselves) so far at www.thinkingrose.com/read/thorn.html
Go through these ideas to help you understand who and what you trust, and gain new perspectives on life.
Trust in the Rose Language
The Rose language is a new way of looking at letters. Each letter is associated with a concept, , building up to multi-faceted ways to look at the words and the world. Various ways to write each letter show different aspects of that idea:
T asks: is this possible or impossible? What happens when we procrastinate?
R explores memories--the good and the bad. How do our previous experiences color the way we trust now?
U spans the spectrum from understanding to bewilderment--What do we understand of trust? And what do we need to understand to be able to trust?
S wavers between change and stability--between stepping out into new possibilities and being stuck in a rut.
T comes back into it, asking if the situation has changed from the impossible to the possible.
Get the Trust Workbook
If this kickstarter is successful, I'll print the Trust Workbook and send it to you--so you can go through each concept--with actions and challenges to get you thinking about:
With more effective and appropriate trusts, we can have a deeper, more intimate relationship with others. We can also be more effective in business as we work with partners and rely on each others strengths.
Who you trust (in relationships, business, and family)
Why you trust --or don't trust (is it memory, understanding, or ?)
How you can use trust to help build healthy relationships to succeed in love, business, and so much more.
Trust in the future:
The Trust Workbook will have 16 different concepts to work through, and each shows a corresponding symbol in the Rose Language. This is the first in eight works that will explore the concepts in the Rose Language--each delving into the intricacies of another word (Family, Quiz, Complex are some of the upcoming workbooks) .
Eventually, these will go through all the letters of the alphabet. All letters and images will be in Your Next Step Journal: Embracing You and Your Language in New Ways Rose Journal Proposal. With the $42 reward, which is the answer to life, the universe, and everything, I will send you a pdf of that draft journal as well as the Trust Workbook so you can explore all of these concepts.
Why should I trust you with my pledge?
If you pledge, you can be part of the Rose Project--a completely different way to look at language. Pledging any amount will let you enter this realm, and:
- The adventures of Thorn, Pistil and Stamen, three kids using the Rose Language to save the world, will show up in your in box. You can comment on the story and interact with the characters as the novel unfolds each weekday.
- Be on the mailing lists to get announcements for the next Rose Project.
- Be part of the Rose community, where we share what translating words and names into Rose has done for us--and we support scholars from a poor South African township to get an education and help their communities.
- For just $9 (the actual cost of printing and mailing) you'll own the first edition of the Trust Workbook (and a private message).
- For just $24, I'll send the Trust Workbook and a set of Rose love cards so you can share a special secret message of love.
- For a dollar more at each level, I will create your name --or any message you want--in Rose so you can share these secret meanings with your friends.
- And for $100, I'll spend a Rose evening with you that could change your life forever. We'll explore the Rose language--and concepts you need in your life through games and journeys. See a shortened example of a Rose Evening.
Trust in me--and in yourself
I need your help to help reach my vision of sharing the Rose Language with the world. Without your readership, your audience, my ideas will not break into reality. So, please, give the Rose language a try.
Trust in the continuing story
I will be continuing the story of Pistil, Thorn, and Stamen. In daily updates/increments, I'll tell you about Thorn's mother and the society that is rocky on trust. And we can work together on the novel in the comments--you can ask questions of the characters, etc. I'll also provide more examples and puzzles of the Rose language. So pledge any amount to get this novel delivered to your inbox :)
Trust, but verify:
One Rose Evening participant, Tina Proctor, said:
The Rose Evening with Deena Larsen started with an explanation and a lot of laughs and continued with an exploration of how using the Rose Language cards can open to a deep exploration of inner conflict, confusion and then understanding. There are several ways the cards can be used individually and with a partner or a group. I really enjoyed trying out some games and listening to the messages that so strongly appeared.
Risks and challenges
I have conducted two kickstarters so far. The first, to provide our Rose Scholar (the project sponsors a child going to school in South Africa) with a camera to document life in the townships, is a bit behind schedule--we have the camera at the school, and are waiting for the next community event.
The second, to print the Love cards with a special meaning in Rose (L: love, O: wonderful, V: valued, E: now and forever) went well and I provided the rewards a month or more earlier than I had promised. I faced some personal challenges (a heavy work schedule and an accident that put me back in my wheelchair for a little bit and tripled the physical therapy time I needed). But I persevered and I thanked all of my backers with some extra goodies.
This is a work in progress, but I do have the materials ready and I just need the subscribers and audience read to work through the sometimes daunting issues of trust and risk in all of our lives.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (35 days)